Bellsoft Reviews | Glassdoor

Paul Nathan

1. "SCM Architect"

Former Contractor - Senior Supply Chain Specialist
    Former Contractor - Senior Supply Chain Specialist

I worked at Bellsoft as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The Management is very proactive and supportive. They always followup the Employee and Project status and helps by expediting the issue to top Management both internal and Client.
    The great thing about Bellsoft Inc is you never worry about your pay cheque.

Cons

I worked with very short term project

Advice to Management

Find long term projects

2. "Payroll always late"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Bellsoft as a contractor

Pros

They have a lot of good relationships with many clients. They got me the job. I am grateful.

Cons

The two weeks payroll always comes in late. I had never worked for a company which held your payroll check before.

Advice to Management

It is not nice to delay your employee's payroll. You may save a few pennies, but put a bad taste in the mouth. These employees/contractors are your line of blood. Treat them right. It will go a long way.

"More negatives than positives"

Former Contractor - Project Management
    Former Contractor - Project Management

I worked at Bellsoft as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They got me employed and paid me when i was supposed to be paid.

Cons

First off when they called me they were very vague in the job description and responsibilities. Their pay schedule was on salary basis, even for contract position. I started first week of September but didn't get my first regular check until the middle of October. When the project ended they tried to send me on project over 90 miles away but would not cover transportation cost such as mileage, tolls etc or increase my rate. It's very hard to get a hold of someone on the phone or get response back regards any resume submissions. I get the same job postings from different individuals. I received a job posting for a job i applied to from the same individual i submitted my resume too.

Advice to Management

They need to have better organization and have separate pay schedule for regular employees and contract employees.

"90 Days Before 1st Paycheck"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Bellsoft (More than a year)

Pros

The had Quarterly lunches and Christmas Dinner.

Cons

Had to wait 90 days before getting first paycheck. That was very tough and unreasonable. Other firms paid me within one to to two weeks on a bi-weekly basis. Bellsoft paid monthly with 2 months in arrears.

Advice to Management

Quicken first payment to 2 weeks in arrears on a bi-weekly basis.

"On my 3rd contract with Bellsoft"

Current Contractor - Technical SAP Consultant in West Milwaukee, WI
    Current Contractor - Technical SAP Consultant in West Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Bellsoft as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They seem to have a lot of SAP projects.
    I was told to contact them 3 weeks before finishing my project. I unfortunately didn't heed that advise and called them the week I was rolling off. They got me an interview within 2 days of submitting my resume and I am going to start on the 17th. Happy to not be on the 'bench' in the last Quarter!!
    I have worked with them in 2009, 2011 and now for a 6 month job.

Cons

I get emails when I am on projects which used to irritate me, but I would rather have that than not be contacted.

"Nice place to get hired"

Former Contractor - QA Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Former Contractor - QA Analyst in Dallas, TX

I worked at Bellsoft as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Felt great right from the time of Recruitment. They have good staff and managers who guide you well through the process. Managers take you into the client site and do joining formalities!!! Some one from HO called and asked if i need any assistance. Liked the way people around work and got my pay on 15th day as promised and all taxation taken care well!

Cons

Many Calls and Mails from recruiters frustrated me, though now i felt they did their job to get my project.

Advice to Management

May be you can set a process to reduce calls and follow up which is pressure to every one.

"I am not employed by Bellsoft; I received a recruitment call."

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

As stated, I do not work here. I got onto Glassdoor to check Bellsoft's reviews after my weird recruitment call(s).

Cons

Well...look no further than the Network Engineer from Philly's review. That pretty much sums up my experience in dealing with two recruiters from this firm. I was contacted after they claimed to have seen my (old) resume online, and the whole thing just seemed to be shifty. From that point, numerous phone calls ensued and it was all rush, rush, rush. In order to be a viable candidate I HAD to get a new resume to them within the hour, I HAD to send samples over within a couple of hours (Ummm, I'm not at home. Take it easy folks.) But most of all, the recruiter seemed to have no IT knowledge and no clue what I did or what the client needed. I was considering telling them "thanks, but no thanks" when I decided to check their online reviews. If this is the kind of hoop-jumping it takes, I think I'll pass. The fact that another reviewer said it took a month to get paid does not instill confidence. These are just my impressions as a non-employee.

Advice to Management

I agree that if you are working with North American clients, you are going to have to have recruiters with English fluency and technical knowledge.

"Contacted for Positions then Ignored.. Probably not even American gave me false names... Had strong accents."

Current Contractor - Never Told in New Providence, NJ
    Current Contractor - Never Told in New Providence, NJ

I have been working at Bellsoft as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Sounded friendly at first. What I could understand.

Cons

Hard to understand accents. Told me generic American names but sounded very foreign. 2 different "recruiters" contacted me for similar positions in the same city. They would not give me the companies name, asked a lot of personal questions. Then never got back to me or responded to me. They used Magic Jack phone services when I called them and they did not answer... Doubt they are a real company at all.. Never answer emails or calls after speaking to "Wilson" and "Susan" and tried to contact address on website.

Advice to Management

Hire people who can speak English or at least use their real names. Give more info about positions being contracted out.

10. "Great workplace for long term career"

Current Employee - HRIS Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - HRIS Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bellsoft full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stable career opportunities
    Rewarding benefits & Bonus
    Excellent career development opportunity
    Exposure on new technologies
    Exposure to work on Fortune 500 client projects

Cons

Every company has few policies which some find difficult to adjust but nothing worth mentioning from my end.

Advice to Management

Expansion should be a good idea

"unprofessional."

Current Contractor - Network Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Contractor - Network Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Bellsoft as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I cannot think of a single pro.

Cons

Recruiter contending to be in Georgia USA both by admission, email, and area code clearly not fluent in the English language insists immediately that I give RTR to his company to represent me to a local firm. Recruiter calls back 5 times in one hour to be reminded of details he deems critical that I had previously stated. Schedules 10:30am Phone interview with client. Calls back to confirm that meeting. Emails asking for written confirmation. No call no show. When I email to ask why, he insists I now bracket off time later in the day to talk to a "resource manager".

Advice to Management

Send somebody in your firm to a reputable business school immediately following an ESL class.