Beyond Meat Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Maintenance Supervisor"

Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Mansfield, TX
    Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Mansfield, TX

I worked at Beyond Meat full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Would have stayed working for them but they moved to Missouri

Cons

They Moved to Missouri damn

"I was forced to train someone they liked better from another deparment and fired on my Birthday"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in El Segundo, CA

Pros

There are no pros:

I left a good career to work for Beyond Meat as a temp-to-hire customer service and logistics manager. I was very excited to work for a startup company that I believed in. I write this review with a heavy hand because what the management put me through as affected my very soul and turned me from a positive person into a broken man with no livelihood, no purpose and no direction in life.

Work was fine until they found someone from Accounting (not even our own department) who was fresh out of college, cheaper and they liked better. It's that simple. When they asked me to "cross-train" him and slowly give him my accounts day by day, I saw what was happening and asked management how long I had until I was replaced. I was assured that I wasn't being replaced and was secure with the company. I had to endure verbal abuse, being shunned, mocked and mistreated and left out while they took the new guy into closed door meetings and treated me with disdain and contempt. On 8/11/17, two days after my Birthday, one month after my wedding and the on year anniversary my best friend gave his life for our country, Beyond Meat let me go and gave the other guy my job.
    This is the most evil thing a company can do to someone. If you like someone better or you find a better fit, honesty is always the best approach. To put salt on the wound, I helped the company be the best at what it does, made systems faster and instituted many policies which will help anyone who works there yet to justify letting me go they called me "Slow" and "Not up to speed" which will follow me my whole career. If these are vegan values, I will eat a burger every day of my life. Every time you bite into a Beyond Meat burger, you have taken a bite out of my future child's mouth. I tried being amicable and speaking directly to management about my situation but have been mocked at every turn. So I will be there, always, as a voice of opposition. You don't take a mans livelihood for an unjust cause and you don't mock him afterward. A piece of my soul died from the way they mistreated me but just like the ashes of the phoenix, my new purpose has been created. I will not take the easy way out. I will not let this company break my spirit. I will endure and will ensure everyone knows what happened and knows how Beyond Meat treats the most important animal of all, the human animal.

Cons

They will cuss at you, berate you, mock you and treat you with contempt
    They will force you to train your replacement without telling you while laughing behind closed doors with your replacement
    They represent all the evil that can be ascribed to the worst capitalistic companies out there
    If vegan values mean treating human beings worse than garbage, I will stick to burgers

Advice to Management

Be honest
    Do not verbally abuse and mock your employees
    DO NOT force someone to train their replacement and lie about it
    DO NOT lie about somebody's professional integrity to justify letting them go to hire someone you like better

"Material handler"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

I worked at Beyond Meat full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for.

Cons

Cleaning behind other wen its there job.

"Real People With a Real Mission"

Pros

The workplace community here is the most cohesive and genuine of any place I have ever worked. People here legitimately care for one another, and this shared concern extends into the work that people do. Everything is a team effort, and collaboration comes easy. Lots of flexibility in work hours and timing to suit family and personal needs.

Cons

Company growth continues to race onward, but employees (especially entry-level) are left guessing in a lot of important areas. Big question marks surrounding promotional potential/career development and long term company direction.

Advice to Management

Give employees something to strive for. Establish career trajectories and promotional paths, encourage personal/professional development, and increase training and certification for skills that would be valuable to the company.

"Quality Assurance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Beyond Meat full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Trying to grow as a company. We have orders to be filled.

Cons

Dismal benifits. No avalability for work life balance. Can't keep hood talent so the place is in continual chaos.

Advice to Management

Extraordinary communication issues on every level.

"I would not work for this company again."

Pros

The company has a good mission.

Cons

A start-up company that continues to operate with out structure and procedures in place with a corporate and production facility disconnect.
    Long, unrealistic work hours with no work life balance, low pay, poor leadership , closed door management, and a non-collaborative culture lacking trust and respect.
    High attrition especially in key positions.

Advice to Management

Lack of resources are on of the top reasons small business fail.
    A bare bones start-up team can not sustain a growing business especially with such high attrition in key positions.

"Innovation meats principle."

Current Employee - Human Resources Consultant in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Human Resources Consultant in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Beyond Meat full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competence, environmental stewards, great food product..

Cons

Start up company, lots of stuff to iron out...

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.