I worked at Biolytic Lab Performance full-time (More than a year)
⁃ Friendly and talented employees.
⁃ Every employee has an important role and is good at what they do. Everyone is knowledgable in their job, which potentially means a lot of learning for new employees.
⁃ Good products that are competitive in the industry.
⁃ Staff get along really well, and the culture here is great.
⁃ There’s opportunities to help out in other departments if you want to own a diverse set of responsibilities.
⁃ Great benefits!
⁃ Team lunches and events held frequently. BBQ and basketball hoop on site!
⁃ Great focus on customer service from the company as a whole
⁃ Incredibly hard-working President/CEO who has the well-being of all his employees in mind
Would have liked to have seen more meetings and performance review(s)/feedback.
I worked at Biolytic Lab Performance full-time
1) CEO's overall work ethic is very strong, and sets the tone for the company. Cares about the general well-being of his employees. Overall, he's great to work for and I wouldn't mind working for a boss like him again.
2) Overall, very relaxed working hours that promote good work-life balance.
3) Small company environment allows you to take on roles in different areas of the business (sometimes voluntarily, sometimes involuntarily). As a pro, you get to wear many hats and broaden your skills/experiences.
4) The culture is laid-back/relaxed - lots of events (BBQs, Christmas parties, etc.) that keep the environment loose, which makes working here a pleasant experience. Family is friendly and makes a good effort to make you feel like you fit right in.
1) The career progression is not clear for anyone who works here. It's a small company, and they brought many new/recent graduates into the company at the time I was there. Because of the lack of career advancement, turnover was fairly high for those positions.
2) They did not have performance reviews when I was there. It was not possible to get meaningful feedback on the job you were doing.
3) There was lack of communication and vision on what the long-term company objectives were. Your day-to-day will mostly consist of coming up with short-term, temporary solutions to make things work. This is fine for the business to keep operating, but not good for long-term sustainability and overall employee morale in the long run
4) Related to #1, there were no promotions during the time I was there.
Advice to Management
There is a solid culture in place, but there may be tough decisions to make in order to sustain the business for great success long-term:
- Be more transparent with your employees on how the company is doing, and provide them with goals/metrics to hit to keep them motivated. Define what company success looks like to you, and tell us how we can help you achieve it.
- Bringing in graduates who are overqualified/underpaid for the jobs they are performing guarantees they will leave quickly if they don't see meaningful career progression (as mentioned in a previous review I read).
- Promotions and raises are necessary to keep your high-performing employees longer and to keep morale high.
I worked at Biolytic Lab Performance full-time (More than 3 years)
- friendly company with friendly team and fun outings, events, and BBQs
- great work/life balance, most weeks are 40-45 hours. stable schedule
- slowly innovating and redesigning, has a good outlook in the near future
- good place to learn skills for inventory management, assembly, CAD, process management, hardware/software engineering
- not much professional growth; no raises, promotions, or employee evaluations during my 3 years there
- management is more reactive than proactive
- open to new ideas, but a lot of times will not execute
Advice to Management
- share with employees the status of company...tell us what is going on!
- don't wait 6-9 months to update employees on loss of profits
- keeping college graduates doing busy-work like cutting tubing will surely push them towards other opportunities
I have been working at Biolytic Lab Performance full-time (More than a year)
Fast pace and always learning. Great extended family. Great work-life balance and there is always something to do. There are also a lot of opportunities for growth and advancement. They are also located in the Fremont Innovation District.
There is never enough time to do everything you want to do
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?