BlackLine Reviews

Updated May 27, 2020

3.9
BlackLine Chairman and CEO Therese Tucker (no image)
Therese Tucker
Pros
  • "A plethora of benefits and perks, including a lot of free food(in 18 reviews)

• "Providing a true work life balance and opportunity for career growth(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some growing pains, but that is to be expected with the rate of growth(in 16 reviews)

• "Fast-paced, rarely "time-off" because you don't want to be the person to drop the ball(in 7 reviews)

1. "Exceptional Company to be apart of!"

5.0

I have been working at BlackLine full-time

Pros

-great team culture, -great industry, -great management, great compensation package

Cons

There are no cons at BlackLine!

BlackLine2020-03-26
  2. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at BlackLine full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Growing Pains and lots of work

Cons

Amazingly dedicated CEO. Great market and product. Great culture

BlackLine2020-05-27
  3. "The Best Frat I Ever Worked For"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at BlackLine full-time for less than a year

Pros

Now, for what you probably want is some meaty info as to what a BDR does. Well, you’re a telemarketer. Inside sales baby. You cold call, send emails and marketing material to get important people to an online phone call with your sales rep. This job is a lot like baseball. Where hitting .300 of your swings is considered good. Except you’ll be happy if you hit .03. Failure and let down will be a big part of the job, but if you can hit your number even once in your career, I promise you, you have done something the majority of the population could not do. Now I’m a bit different, I don’t care about being spoiled by my employer. Which BlackLine will absolutely do for you. Hipster coffee, think tank office, free clothing and knick knacks galore. Sure, that’s great but this job makes many people question if the position is even worth it. Word to the wise, being a successful BDR means you can be successful at every avenue in life. Keep dialing, it will pay dividends. And be prepared, it’s an 18 month commitment minimum before you get a promotion. However, if you succeed, you’ll receive a lot of opportunity you couldn’t if you weren’t in your cubicle.

Cons

BlackLine’s salesforce is a fraternity. Be prepared for a lifestyle change. Every team building activity involves happy hour. It’s a “wet” office for sure. The sales staff is young and millennial. With a lot of cancer co-workers who like to complain. As I said, keep your head down. You’ll be fine. If you really want to do this that is.

BlackLine2020-05-22
  4. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Talent Acquisition Partner in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at BlackLine full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great leadership from the CEO down. The organization recognizes the value of treating employees with respect. Providing a true work life balance and opportunity for career growth.

Cons

I can't think of any

BlackLine2020-05-04
  5. "Overall a great group of people at a company with major growing pains"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at BlackLine full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great coworkers -Supportive managers and leadership team -A strong product with good positioning in the market -Great benefits including 401(k) with employer match and ESPP

Cons

-Many of the promises of career growth and promotion have fallen flat (even before COVID). -Silos between departments are widespread. -Younger managers within certain departments have limited leadership experience or training which has led to conflict resolution issues and a lack of accountability. -Regular abuse towards the business development team by the sales organization often goes unnoticed or ignored outright. -PTO requests are often met with questions or must be "justified".

BlackLine2020-05-19
  6. "Great opportunity for growth!"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at BlackLine full-time for more than a year

Pros

BlackLine has been such an amazing place to work for so many reasons. For starters the culture is the best I’ve ever experienced. I have formed so many friendships and bonds with people that it makes going to work fun. The growth opportunities are incredible and leaders from all departments are always willing to meet with you to give you more insight on how their team operates. I recently transitioned from being a BDR over to the marketing team and don’t think this type of opportunity would have been offered to me had i not been at BlackLine. I had little to no experience, however the management in business development set me up for success and never failed to have my back. Being a BDR is a grind but if you form the relationships, work hard, and are patient it will not go unnoticed.

Cons

The cons I would say is that although the growth opportunity is there you do have to build those relationships yourself. It can be hard get in front of the right people to get the ball rolling but once you do the support is there. There’s so many directions BlackLine can take you but you do have to put in the work. Like most things in life, you get out what you put in.

BlackLine2020-04-11
  7. "High Growth"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative

I have been working at BlackLine full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great company culture and ideas instilled by C Level, although like any corporation the culture you experience day to day is dependent on your manager. Overall, I feel cared for and secure even during the COVID19 pandemic. - A lot of opportunity for growth and exposure to different partnerships with other tech companies and consulting firms to understand different aspects of the SaaS world

Cons

- A lot of changes that focus on result and not process, so it ends up being scrapped

BlackLine2020-04-09
  8. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Director, Solutions Consulting

I worked at BlackLine full-time for more than a year

Pros

Positive environment with good people, strong products and a solid growth strategy. Strong commitment to customer satisfaction leads to both strong customer relationships and proud employees.

Cons

Management favors bringing in old friends from NetSuite to working with current employees to improve performance. There is a lack of constructive performance feedback from top management.

BlackLine2020-03-02
  9. "Great place, we are just getting started"

Current Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at BlackLine full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People, product, market, career, culture

Cons

Very busy, must love the ride

BlackLine2020-02-28
  10. "Growing Company"

Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at BlackLine full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, constantly growing. Ability to work with some of the best companies in the world

Cons

Some growing pains. Office location

BlackLine2020-02-25