Bluecore Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 76 reviews

4.3
Bluecore CEO Fayez Mohamood
Fayez Mohamood
Pros
  • "Benefits: Free lunch, Gym and travel(in 12 reviews)

• "Great benefits: free lunch in office every day, unlimited PTO, metro & gym reimbursement(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "It's still a growing start-up so there are some growing pains but that is to be expected(in 4 reviews)

• "Some managers are great, others are out of the loop and don't get enough feedback from the people doing the actual work(in 3 reviews)

1. "Fast Growing Company with Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Over A Year in New York, NY

I have been working at Bluecore full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Smartest and friendliest group of people I have ever worked with who are super passionate about what they do - Company appreciates its employees and really allows you to be independent, think outside of the box, take risks and make an impact - Product is revolutionary in its space and it has been exciting to watch it continually grow - Great perks, including daily catered lunch, and company reimbursement for... both your monthly metrocard and gym

Cons

-do to hyper growth company needs tend to change more frequently than in other environments which can be exciting but also challenging at times

Advice to Management

Things move at a really fast pace and although its exciting to be able to make a positive impact on the org in a short amount of time, it is important to remember to take a minute to make sure everyone is aligned on strategy. Continue having a forward thinking vision for the company and keep to the positive culture you have created.

Bluecore2019-10-07

"A company holding onto the past and wishing desperately to move into the future"

Former Employee - Former Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Bluecore full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Some smart people who helped grow the company are still around to learn from (act fast though! many people are leaving). - Customers love the capabilities of the product. - Free Lunch! Although there are cliques which make eating less communal than I wished it were. - A lot of work is available to pick up so you won't get bored. - Product/engineering teams hit their goals which makes Sales/Marketing's jobs... easier.

Cons

- Questionable hiring decisions. We have shifted sales leadership (more than one person) like 3 times in the last year. - It seems like many people are leaving. A lot of the company seems new. - Frontline managers are more interested in showing success and less about supporting their team-members success. I've heard this from multiple entry-level employees. - The culture is run by a core group of clique-y people... or by a people team that is known to gaslight people. In general, it seems like this startup wants to have "an exit" soon and perhaps isn't interested in this size of the company. They will shift priorities, shift personnel, all in search of the magic solutions to get to an exit.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people and grow them but most importantly have an environment that feels good.

Bluecore2019-10-06

"Possibility to be great but only with major improvements"

I have been working at Bluecore full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are some truly intelligent, great to work with people at Bluecore, particularly in CS & Engineering.

Cons

Abnormally high employee attrition due to poor management, below market salaries, little to no room for career growth and dwindling diversity .

Bluecore2019-09-11

"That Was Certainly An Experience I'll Never Forget..."

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at Bluecore full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. The People: The everyday people are hardworking, smart and friendly. I met some really great friends there. 2. The Product: The product has such wonderful potential to reinvent how retail marketers define marketing 3. Decent Perks: The free lunch (just make sure you get there in time otherwise you will not get anything!), snacks, gym reimbursement, vacation policy & transit programs are a nice bonus 4. The... Location: I loved being so close to the seaport in the summer!

Cons

1. Unconscious Bias: There is 100% a bias problem, which I not only personally experienced repeatedly, but heard from many women and people of color (many of which quit due to this). 2. Rapidly Declining Diversity: When I started there were ~14 black people, and by the time I quit there were 5 with rumors that they would have 3 before the end of the year. The sales team had 1 person of color on it by the time I... quit, and 2 female executives were pushed out. This I should say is more prevalent on the business side - I do not think product has as much of an issue here 2. Loose Relationship With The Truth: I had many experiences where I was flat out lied to by the executive team (one especially) to my face 3. Culture of Defensiveness: There are many, although not all, that are more interested in being "right" than learning from the market and/or innovating 4. No Understanding of Marketing: Pretty much what it sounds like.

Advice to Management

Truly take diversity seriously. Let down your egos. Focus on the value to the customer, not arbitrary features. Trust the people you hire for the expertise they bring to the table.

Bluecore2019-09-14

"Poor experience"

Former Employee - Employee

I worked at Bluecore full-time for more than a year

Pros

1) Flexible work hours and location 2) Workplace perks like lunch, gym and MetroCards

Cons

Leadership and management worsened over time, they do not take feedback and do not care to improve. Employees are not valued so a lot of people are leaving. Pay is under market and people can feel like a diversity token. Only positive opinions of Bluecore are accepted --notice they are only responding to positive reviews.

Bluecore2019-09-27

"Zero Leadership. All the talent is gone"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Bluecore full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very smart and talented colleagues. Laid back attitude.

Cons

Everything writing here is solely my opinion and does not reflect any other employee or company point of view. Zero leadership. Executive(s) are never in the office. Mostly a smoke and mirrors operation. Entry level employee are left on their own from they one to figure out what to do. The expansion of the company to internationally markets doesn’t make sense at all.

Advice to Management

More transparency is desperately needed. Listen harder to your employees, and fast change is only good change when it has a purpose. Change for the sake of change is rarely positive.

Bluecore2019-08-28

"Amazing Place to Build a Career!"

I have been working at Bluecore full-time for more than a year

Pros

Every company comes down to its people and its product and Bluecore shines on both counts. I've been with Bluecore for a little over two years now and the experience has been nothing short of amazing. It's very rare to find such an eclectic collection of brilliant minds who are able to check their egos at the door and collaborate in such a productive fashion. The product has demonstrated to be disruptive in the... market and I've been amazed at the agility in which we've evolved with the changing MarTech landscape. My manager is extremely supportive of me, not only as a direct report but as a human being as well. It's great being viewed as a person and not just an asset and I think that is another thing that has made Bluecore an amazing place to work...a genuine investment in the team as people and not just employees. The benefits and perks are phenomenal as well: daily catered lunches, unlimited PTO, generous parental leave, fitness stipend, free metrocard, and more!

Cons

Communication can be choppy at times but management is aware and has been actively striving to improve.

Bluecore2019-06-06

June 17, 2019SVP People

Appreciate this review! Thanks!

8. "Great work, great people, great perks"

I have been working at Bluecore full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work we do here is about creating an impact for our teams and customers. It's a collaborative culture where we all work together to achieve our goals and we set them high! I get to work with amazing people from different backgrounds. My manager cares about me as a person and I'm able to balance focusing on my career and being a parent. - Challenging work - People - Work-life balance - Perks: free lunch,... gym and commuter reimbursements

Cons

Things move fast at Bluecore, sometimes communication is disjointed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency and support for everyone to be successful.

Bluecore2019-05-24

June 4, 2019SVP People

Thanks so much for letting us know how much you value the transparency! Appreciate this review!

9. "Amazing Product, with a lot of opportunities for growth!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Bluecore full-time for less than a year

Pros

As en entry level employee, Bluecore provides amazing opportunities to learn about the SaaS Industry and provides great opportunities for growth. If you show aptitude in your department, Bluecore will allow you to take on additional responsibilities and give you a chance to learn skills that aren’t offered at most companies. Managers are very open to hearing feedback and work with the Executive team to make sure... employees are happy and have projects that they are interested in. Bluecore also provides an opportunity to work on an email marketing product that is revolutionizing the industry. Bluecore is growing rapidly and starting to compete with some of the biggest names in the industry, which makes it a very exciting time to be working at the company. The Product team has an AI-based vision that is disrupting the current ESP market, and the engineering/Data Science teams are delivering on the vision. As an entry level employee you can gain a lot of knowledge just by being surrounded by this great engineering organization. There are also chances to learn from great events like Tech Talks, Demo Days, and Hackathons! The company is also expanding internationally which provides an opportunity to meet and learn from colleagues in the UK and India. The culture at the company is also great, with a lot of company-sponsored events that allow you to get to know colleagues outside of the work environment. The benefits are also an added plus with catered lunches, as well as a reimbursement for gym memberships and transportation costs.

Cons

There could be better communication between the different departments at Bluecore. There is sometimes a disconnect between the engineering and Customer Success teams.

Advice to Management

Make sure to keep the great company culture intact while continuing this rapid growth period.

Bluecore2019-05-22

June 4, 2019SVP People

Thanks for this feedback!

10. "Great People, Great Culture, Great Product"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Bluecore full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The People. This is really a family-like environment where everyone is rooting for each other and helping each other succeed. - The Product works. We are not just selling a product to customers but actually helping marketers/businesses grow their careers/brand. - Great benefits. Medical, dental, Transportation, Gym, etc - 1 on 1 feedback with Manager and executives to help grow your career - Growth... opportunities -Opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing start ups!

Cons

Better communication within departments and company wide

Bluecore2019-05-21

June 4, 2019SVP People

Thanks for the feedback on our Culture!

Found 76 reviews