Bostik Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bostik President Bernard Pinatel
Bernard Pinatel

Pros
  • Good benefits and pay but long hours (salary) (in 4 reviews)

• Great people, and great products (in 4 reviews)

Cons

"A culture of innovation"

Former Employee - Marketing in Wauwatosa, WI
    Former Employee - Marketing in Wauwatosa, WI

I worked at Bostik (More than a year)

Pros

Leaders and co-workers were extremely intelligent and interested in improving all aspects of the company, leading to quite a few positive changes in the business in my time there.

Bostik attracts great talent. Extremely positive relationships in my department with co-workers and leaders - kind, smart, and generous individuals all around.

Leaders are very available for help/teaching/resources/discussion, which is fantastic for entry-level employees. I learned immeasurable skills from one year here.

Cross-functional teams allow members of the company from many different departments to share insights and learn from each other.

Cons

Company is interested in innovation and improvement, but sometimes these changes take a long time (3 years).

Tribal knowledge - you have to know the right people to go to in order to find out a lot of information, and this slows down your own projects because this information is housed in people's heads instead of shared/documented on the network. This is changing, but the older generation of workers are somewhat resistant to spending the time to properly record/share info.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to suggestions from all over the company for improvements in efficiency, project/product portfolio management, and more. There's a lot of insight but it might not always make it to the top & the decision makers.

"I wouldn’t refer my worst enemy"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Wauwatosa, WI
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Wauwatosa, WI

I worked at Bostik full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and pay but long hours (salary). Constant meetings....accomplishing nothing.

Cons

The absolute worst experience of my life! I was warned within my first month by another employee that actually lasted 8 years. Everything she said turned out to be true. Lack of training…..although they send you to every department in your first two weeks….it’s all overwhelming and none of it makes sense in the beginning. The most ironic part was they still used Lotus Notes! Constant turnover….very sexist also. Many employees have longevity…..I am still shaking my head!

"Ego Ego Ego!!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Paulsboro, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Paulsboro, NJ

I have been working at Bostik full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

pay is good and benefits are ok

Cons

Managers/Supers are real idiots and they get their rocks of creating disgruntled employees. Then when then staff is low they love to complain and request OT. Try treating people with respect to keep your staffing full.

Advice to Management

Hire new ones!!!! fast!

"Completely Disheartened and Disillusioned"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belleville, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belleville, MI

I worked at Bostik (More than a year)

Pros

The working level team members (Managers and below) are generally honest and transparent colleagues.

Cons

Complete lack of understanding of Leadership, coupled with amazingly large egos in at the Director level and above, makes for an impossible situation. Lack of foresight regading expectations, business planning, and strategy is rampant. And quite honestly, very questionable financial dealings, with very unethical business practices are common place.

Advice to Management

I have never worked at a company that spends time having meetings about how NOT to follow through on commitments given (be it performance or financial). The fact that the Executive is suspcious of everyone and everything is clearly a result of knowing how THEY operate and expecting that from other people and organizations they deal with. If there was an emphasis on true Leadership (rather than Title or ego), it would change the culture in Wauwatosa to match the values that Bostik purports to hold.

Lastly, people are not disposable. Shame on the company for hiring talented people away from positions they held previously, with false promises anchored in a lack of thorough though about what is desired from the incoming employee.... This has happened recently on more than a couple of occassions. How does that happen, if not due to lack of valuing employees.

"Lots of Turnover"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bel Air, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bel Air, MD

I worked at Bostik (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, and opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Lots of micro-managing and lack of clear direction from upper management. Lots of turnover.

Advice to Management

Need more transparency and honesty from top down.

6. "Great place too work"

Current Employee - Technician in Conyers, GA
    Current Employee - Technician in Conyers, GA

I have been working at Bostik full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are amazing. Love my job!

Cons

Company will always be productive and has a bright future. Not easy to get a job with the company, bit it is well worth the trouble.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, more companies should seek advise from them.

"Continual changes"

Current Employee - Senior CHEMIST in Wauwatosa, WI
    Current Employee - Senior CHEMIST in Wauwatosa, WI

I have been working at Bostik full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Currently on an arc for improvement with Arkema acquisition. Family oriented.

Cons

Hard to advance. Very political groups in upper management. Constant management reorganization to try to make things better. Pay is below industry average for most employees. New high level talent acquisitions get payed well, but not if you are moving up internally.

Advice to Management

Remove people in management that can't move in the direction the CEO wants to move.

8. "Decent company"

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Dallas, TX

Pros

GOOD COMPANY, CARES ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES

Cons

The pay is below average.

Advice to Management

No compaints

"Used to be great, not anymore."

Former Employee - Operations in Middleton, MA
    Former Employee - Operations in Middleton, MA

I worked at Bostik full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people. Good benefits, half decent pay. Good place to work if you want to be employed and not care about the details.

Cons

As time progresses, you are treated more like a number and less like a person. The rules are bent whenever it suits the company, does not stick to the handbook.

Advice to Management

Too many chiefs and not enough indians. Get better at hiring to fill roles quicker.

"Great place. Hard work. Management not the best."

Former Employee - Mechanic in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Mechanic in Greenville, SC

I worked at Bostik (More than 3 years)

Pros

good pay for a good days work

Cons

Management will lie to you. Make sure you get it writting.

Advice to Management

Be true to your word and treat everyone the same