Botify Reviews | Glassdoor

Botify Reviews

Updated Aug 29, 2019

4.1
Botify CEO Adrien Ménard (no image)
Adrien Ménard

"Great Experience and Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Botify full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is in growth mode and it's a fun and fast-paced place to work. Leadership is invested in employee satisfaction and well-being and is constantly looking to add benefits and invest in company culture. 401k matching was just announced. The company is filled with smart and driven people who are working together to continue to grow this successful company.

Cons

none that I can think of

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

Botify2019-07-18

"Awful"

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing

I worked at Botify full-time

Pros

the product is great. co-workers are generally great.

Cons

this company is highly dysfunctional, and most of it stems from the exec team. impossible demands, miscommunication, and just kind of a miserable work environment. micro-management galore. it's a shame, because the product is great. I doubt the company will stay around long with the mismanagement. don't take a job here. there are a million startups in NYC.

Advice to Management

fix...everything

Botify2019-08-29

"Great company, culture, and product!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Botify full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Relaxed and fun working environment - Managers invest heavily in your success - Best SEO product on the market with an incredibly promising growth trajectory - International company with lots of room for advancement - Great interview process - Company cares greatly about your happiness

Cons

All smooth sailing so far!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Botify2019-07-15

"Great culture and great product!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Botify full-time

Pros

High growth company that really helps our clients. Strong leaders and employees that are passionate and talented. Keep hiring strong team members.

Cons

Not a con really.... lots of building of process since the company is growing

Botify2019-07-14

"So far, so good!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Botify full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible environment, nice employees, passionate and approachable executives.

Cons

Nothing to identify yet!

Botify2019-04-01

"Disarray, power struggles, and greed"

I have been working at Botify

Pros

Besides the exec team, employees across many departments are great. Smart, hardworking, and willingness to help. The tool is great and makes it easy to sell. Office environment is relaxed and casual.

Cons

Company has been in disarray after the recent round of funding. Struggling hard to meet goals and hiring qualified individuals. Deals are slower to come by and reliant on big whales. Office culture is poor. Passive aggressive leadership. Micromanage culture. Benefits are not great. No equity, no 401k match, few holidays. 20 PTO days is ok I guess? That includes sick, personal. Execs all trying to get their bonus... and commission and chopping at each other. Employee turnover is high. Rule by fear is real in this company.

Advice to Management

Get it together.

Botify2019-05-08

Botify Response

May 13, 2019BOTIFY

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We’re growing fast and our employees are our number 1 priority but we can always do better. Please reach out to me or to our HR team and help us do better. I can promise together we will build a remarkable company and culture. Adrien, CEO

"Was skeptical at first, but now i'm all in and fully invested."

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Botify full-time

Pros

Having been in the search engine game for a long time, I can honestly say that i've seen the good, the bad and the real ugly which led me to want to breakaway from the space overall. But as luck would have it, the timing of Botify couldn't have happened at a better time and here I am today, loving it for the reasons below. - Tight knit non-pretentious team full of genuine classy people. - A rock solid product... that actually works and delivers on promises made and with that no such thing as empty promises. - A rock solid product in a highly mature space but underserved subsection of the industry. - Genuine team effort where we all strive to win as a team and not as just individuals. - Leadership that is open minded to process improvement and will actually implement ideas. - A leadership team that is just as committed to the business as us individual contributors and a immediate willingness to get hands dirty without a single thought or hesitation.

Cons

- I hate to say it...... but none.

Advice to Management

You have a working formula to take this to the level where it can go, but just don't lose sight of that.

Botify2018-05-31

"Doing a good job!"

I have been working at Botify full-time for more than a year

Pros

It’s still a very fast paced environment and there’s is plants of room to grow if you are ambitious. One of the biggest pros is that it really feels like you are in control of your own “destiny” here. High performers are rewarded as such in every department it seems.

Cons

There’s no real middle management yet in some departments so it can feel a little micro-managed from above. It’s totally understandable to want to be a part of every process, but sometimes it’s good for leadership to give more responsibility and trust to the people they hired to do a job.

Advice to Management

Keep working to make Botify a place where people WANT to work, not just a good opportunity to get a paycheck.

Botify2018-05-16

"Exciting Startup with Many Competitive Advantages"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Botify full-time

Pros

Best innovation in the market today so the product is easy to sell Founders and management team stand shoulder to shoulder with employees so feedback is easy and reaction to feedback is swift Team environment where everyone has the chance to contribute Challenging and rewarding work Great compensation

Cons

The office space is maxing out as we hire and we will need better accommodations soon If you are not accustomed to problem solving, hard work and always being expected to contribute Botify may not be for you

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees and our clients and implement smart strategies as you have done thus far and we'll continue to grow and outpace the rest of the market!

Botify2017-02-21
  10. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Botify full-time

Pros

Great Perks, possiblity to travel and move abroad, recognition, a great work environment, it's easy to talk to top management, your ideas are taken in consideration.

Cons

The company is growing and thus everything isn't well structured yet, but everything is being done so that structuring keeps up with growth.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Botify2019-08-23