Brain Balance Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Brain Balance Reviews

Updated Oct 6, 2019

3.5
Brain Balance CEO Dominick Fedele (no image)
Dominick Fedele
Pros
Cons
  • "Unfortunately, there are no benefits(in 23 reviews)

• "High turnover rates of other coaches can feel difficult to develop a team mentality with(in 14 reviews)

1. "An Engaging & RewardingWorkplace: Brain Balance of Cary, NC"

Former Employee - Sensorimotor Coach

I worked at Brain Balance part-time

Pros

As an employee at the Brain Balance of Cary, NC, you are immediately welcomed into an encouraging and dynamic environment that comes as a result of an amazing team. Cooperation and teamwork are greatly valued, not only by the directors of the center, but by individual sensorimotor coaches as well. During my time at Brain Balance of Cary, I learned a great amount about the development of adolescents, the importance... of consistent, habitual practices, and the great influence one can have on a child or teen. Furthermore, I discovered more about myself than I did about any single child/teen. I learned about weaknesses and strengths I was not aware of prior to my time at Brain Balance, and I gained a better appreciation for the importance of asking questions in order to improve one's performance. Working in an environment that allows you to create and build a rapport with the children/teens heightened the reward of watching them grow. I would encourage anyone interested in working with and advocating for children and teens that have so much to offer--yet are occasionally overlooked--should definitely inquire about Brain Balance of Cary, NC.

Cons

Brain Balance does not have many cons; however, if you are not interested in dedicating time and energy to the learning and training process, it may not be the best fit for you. I loved the challenges this job offered and saw so much growth from the on-going training, education, and experiences while working at Brain Balance of Cary, NC. Depending on one's individual circumstances, not having benefits may be a con.... The nice thing about the hours of Brain Balance's program, is that it allows the time and flexibility for a second job.

Advice to Management

Thank you for such a great experience! I learned so much and loved working with all of you at the center.

Brain Balance2019-09-25
  2. "Love this job"

Current Employee - Coach in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Brain Balance part-time for less than a year

Pros

if you love kids, this is definitely the job for you. it's so fun and refreshing. -good starting pay -great job for college students with a -lots of opportunities to move up -90-day reviews

Cons

There aren't really any benefits if you're not a director or higher up. hours aren't really that flexible, but the shifts are already pretty short (maximum 4 hours, 3 times a week).

Brain Balance2019-10-06

"Not a place for growth"

Current Employee - Sensory Motor/Academic Coach in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at Brain Balance part-time

Pros

You work with amazing kids

Cons

I've worked at this company for 6 months. It is toxic atmosphere. Emplpoyees walk on eggshells to avoid being targeted by toxic managers. The directors are not supportive towards their employees. This organization does not allow suggestions; they have failed to move over time. The company is unrewarding- the organizaiton has high demands and achievers with no recognization and little pay. Very sad to see a... company with these aspects, especially with children who needs help.

Advice to Management

Stay consistent and professional. Good supervisors are leaders not bosses

Brain Balance2019-09-22
  4. "Fantastic Place to Work"

Current Employee - Center Director in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Brain Balance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent mission, rewarding and fulfilling career, great colleagues and wonderful work environment.

Cons

I don't have any negative comments

Advice to Management

Let's keep growing and helping as many children as possible

Brain Balance2019-09-03
  5. "Brain Balance Achievement Center Review"

Current Employee - Relations Director in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Brain Balance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Brain Balance is a very rewarding career, being able to witness the growth and transformation in our kids is amazing. We have an amazing culture with an excellent staff that works extremely hard daily to service our kids. There is a great deal of flexibility and appreciation for what deliver every day!

Cons

We do have in our role continuous change but management is always available to assist when necessary.

Advice to Management

Continue to believe and invest in your teams!

Brain Balance2019-08-30
  6. "Transitional Job"

Current Employee - Assistant Center Director

I have been working at Brain Balance full-time for less than a year

Pros

You work with families and children who genuinely seek help from professionals through an alternative approach to tackling learning disabilities. The relationships you build with the families are meaningful.

Cons

The employees are not offered benefits and the management is not the strongest

Advice to Management

Please staff more individuals and try to offer benefits

Brain Balance2019-09-11
  7. "Busy job...but rewarding"

Current Employee - Director in Boise, ID

I have been working at Brain Balance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing success with kids...and families... I love a later shift..flexible and kind boss.. I've learned so much that will help me in my career

Cons

Super busy..takes a long time to train...upgrades happen often. No health insurance as it is a small business

Brain Balance2019-08-10
  8. "Good for college students."

Former Employee - Coach

I worked at Brain Balance part-time

Pros

Flexible Decent pay Hours are good for part time Relationship with coworkers Sleeping in! Don’t open till 10

Cons

Clients can be difficult and management not much help Not enough training to efficiently work with the diverse clientele

Brain Balance2019-07-31
  9. "Life changing program for so many children and families"

Current Employee - Program Director in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Brain Balance full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's incredibly rewarding working so hands on with children who are struggling, and knowing that you are having a positive impact on their lives. Seeing the difference between a child from when they start to when they finish their sessions is amazing and makes the hard parts of the job worth while.

Cons

Work days can become hectic when there is a lot going on and if there are scheduling complications with coaches and/or students.

Brain Balance2019-07-26
  10. "Meaningful Work in a Stressful and Somewhat Dramatic Work Environment"

Former Employee - Program Director in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Brain Balance part-time for more than a year

Pros

Getting to work with the kids was very meaningful, and I saw a lot of great changes in the kids I worked with (despite a lot of negative reviews online about the company). The job itself can be very overwhelming and fast paced, but the relationships and connections you make with the kids and the changes they make in their lives makes it all worth it. There is room for growth and development within the company.

Cons

Stressful, Somewhat Dramatic, No Benefits

Brain Balance2019-07-27