KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Technical Account Manager

57 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Focused management, really great people, very inclusive.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The most fun, welcoming and supportive place to work

Mar 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is so supportive, and people are always put first. You are trusted to do your work and empowered to challenge yourself and improve. BrightLocal is somewhere where you can bring your whole self to work, everyone is respected and trusted with their time and hard work is always celebrated. There is always the opportunity to share gratitude with colleagues and celebrate success, as well as the opportunity to raise any issues if you have any. Between colleagues, management, and SLT, everyone is really approachable and friendly. I was told in my interview with the CEO that his goal was to make sure BrightLocal was the best place you'll ever work, and so far my time here really lives up to that!

Cons

None that I can think of.

2. 5.0

Incredible work culture!

Mar 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing work culture, everyone is very supportive of each other. There is always opportunities to learn to further your knowledge and progress your career. It is an incredible place to work that gives you complete job satisfaction.

Cons

Absolutely none so not applicable!

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good Review

Apr 8, 2022 - Citation Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

More benefits, good environment to work

Cons

as of now there is none

4. 5.0

Work Here If You Can - Amazing Company

Oct 22, 2021 - Finance Administrator in Brighton, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

BrightLocal puts 110% into their staff and it really shows through their communication, training and supportiveness. They give back to the community and are supporting many charities throughout the year - even encouraging their staff to take days in the year to do charity work. Wonderful team support and great work culture and company values. Great company benefits and work/life balance. Just can't recommend working here enough and even in my short amount of time here I feel I have progressed so much and gained a lot of confidence - all down to amazing management. :)

Cons

Can't think of any cons really - just great all round! :)

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Hands down the best company I've ever worked for...you'll thank me when you join!

Jan 18, 2021 - Customer Engagement Executive in Brighton, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

From the top down the company has such a positive work ethos and company values. This can be easily said but genuinely everyone buys into it. Its such a refreshing feeling knowing everyone has your back and you all strive for the best outcomes. They shower, not joking, all employee's with compliments, prizes, gifts and recognition for doing a great job. This really is the meaning of you get out what you put in. Although its only been 5 months, I have had some major trust placed in me to help drive important projects within the company and get involved within our recruitment plans. In all of my working life, I have NEVER had such trust, respect and value from a company that barely knows me. If you want to make a difference within a company and truly have a voice, BrightLocal is the place for you. Great salary, very competitive and company orientated bonuses are something that everyone in the company strives for. Very much a 'we're all on the same team!' vibe so lets all work together.

Cons

The working hours can be long and slightly unsociable...but with all the positives you won't care and will more than likely want to work longer and harder as I have.

Continue reading

Founder / Director

Wow...there's not much i can say in reply to that review. It makes me incredibly happy and proud that you feel this way about working at BrightLocal. We work incredibly hard to make the company a brilliant place to work (in fact it is our main reason for existing as a business!) and to get this feedback gives me the conviction to keep making it better. You've put a huge smile on my face... and a tear in my eye if i'm totally honest. Right...i'm off to make things even better! Thank you, Myles (CEO & Co-Founder)

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The BEST company to work for

Mar 24, 2021 - People Purpose and Culture Leader in Brighton, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Since starting with BrightLocal in 2019 I can honestly say that I enjoy every day at work. The team are a great bunch of people, the support that I get is amazing, the training is top notch and the culture is brilliant. The perks we get, from Health Insurance to cakes, cards and wine on our birthdays to awards for great demonstrations of our beliefs are free-flowing and really make you feel appreciated every day.

Cons

The only one I can think of at the moment is that we are all separated because of Covid so I'm really hoping that we can all get back together again in the office soon when it's safe to do so

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Welcoming, supportive and growing fast!

Jan 18, 2021 - Head of Content in Brighton, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Despite the company growing at an unprecedented rate, it's maintained its fun, friendly and independent spirit, which is no mean feat! Exceptional effort applied at the hiring stage means that we only recruit the best candidates who are the best fit for the company culture, so that as we evolve, we still feel like a family. BrightLocal is an incredibly generous business, and offers challenge and support in the right doses. I'd recommend it to anyone who is looking for an opportunity to develop their career in a highly supportive environment.

Cons

SEO is an industry that's always changing, so you have to be able to keep up with the pace of change.

Continue reading

Founder / Director

Hi! Brilliant review and feedback. I'm really glad that we've been able to maintain our character and independence as we've grown. That has always been so important to Ed & I and we've worked hard to make it happen - although we haven't always known what we were doing, we've hired great people who share that passion and have helped make it happen. You're right that the pace of growth and the restlessness of us, and the industry, does make the pace of work a challenging aspect of BL. This is especially the case right now when we don't have all the fun side of work (team outings, drinks, meals, table tennis etc..) to offset the hard work. Hopefully we'll get that back soon. The thing that impresses me the most about the team we have is the level of self-motivation and drive each person has to be be their best and get better every day. This is the fuel that drives the business forward and without each person willingly wanting to give it their all, we would be a shadow of the business we are. We will KEEP IT UP - 100% Thanks again, Myles (CEO and C0o-Founder)

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Outstanding values and very welcoming working environment

Jan 21, 2021 - Sales in Brighton, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

BrightLocal has harboured a very warm and welcoming environment, even working from home you feel supported and still a part of a team. I can't say that I've ever been treated and respected by any employer like BrightLocal, which is a very welcoming and refreshing change. The sales team I have been working with are all dynamic and friendly individuals, and always make the time to help each other out. I would fully recommend BrightLocal to anyone looking for a secure job in a fantastic working environment.

Cons

None, which is certainly a first when reviewing employers.

Operations and Finance Executive

We've been working especially hard during lockdown to make sure that all team members feel supported and part of the team even though we are apart so it's great to know that this is working well for you and everyone in our team.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best company I've ever worked for

Jan 19, 2021 - Business Development in Brighton, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've never worked for a company that invests so much in their team. Through their onboarding process I learnt so much about local SEO, software and the industry. I work on the sales team and there's so much sharing of knowledge and a great team spirit which is pretty rare in sales.

Cons

I'm missing working in the office as there's such a great atmosphere there with ping pong / table football and a fridge that's stocked up with beers and G&Ts. Looking forward to COVID being a thing of the past!

Founder / Director

Wow what a great review and thank you for being part of the team for so long and helping to make the company the way it is today. Like you, I'm desperate to get back in the office and see the team face to face. I really miss all the fun stuff that offset the hard work and commitment. Finger's crossed we can dust off the TT rackets and break out the beers & G&Ts sooner rather than later. Thanks again for the review, Myles (CEO & Co-Founder)

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic place to be

Jan 18, 2021 - Agency Sales Consultant in Brighton, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at Brightlocal for just over a year now and I can honestly say that it’s been an amazing experience, they invested in my development from day one and from top to bottom the business is friendly and supportive. If you are looking for a collaborative, creative, modern place to work that's fun, inspires you to succeed and rewards hard work you'll be hard pushed to find better than Brightlocal.

Cons

When in the office sometimes you get defeated at ping pong !

Founder / Director

I'm really happy to hear that you've had such a great first year at BL. We work hard to make sure that everyone gets the support and training they need to be successful and happy and reviews like this show us that we're on the right path - even if we're not totally there yet! I'm sorry to say that i've been working on ping pong a bit in lockdown so you may be in for a tough game when we return!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 Reviews