Brightway Insurance Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Insurance Agent"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent 2-20 Sales in Pompano Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent 2-20 Sales in Pompano Beach, FL

I have been working at Brightway Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great management, training program, paid vacation and holidays as well as no cold calling.

Cons

None, location will have a primary effect on the market.

2. "I look forward to coming to work every day"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Brightway Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Capable people, everyone on my team is a hard worker and enlightened communicator

Values, their product is needed and they conduct fair business. I feel they are good to their Agency Owners and customers.

Growth, I'm motivated to do a great job at work because I can envision the effects of what I do today on the company's success in 5, 10, 30 years!

Benefits, We're given a great life balance with plenty of PTO and wellness programs. Brightway invests in their people.

Cons

The office space is okay, but could be a little more comfortable and inspiring, and there are opportunities for equipment upgrades in several departments.

Advice to Management

Thank you for believing in your people! As a growing company - keep an eye on Silicon Valley and innovators in the industry so we can stay ahead.

"You'll Hate Yourself"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Brightway Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team, free food, get to celebrate fun days and dress up often. There are not many other pros.

Cons

Almost everything else. I've never seen a company try so hard to lose customers and go out of their way to not keep business. Writing agents are treated like gods even though they never do their jobs and agents that keep winning "agent of the year" year after year are called out by customers often as THE REASON they have left the company and will be telling their friends to never do business with the company.
    You try to bring up these issues with management and they bite back with, "Well what do you suggest we do?" but suggestions always fall on deaf ears. This company will do whatever it can to fail to give you resources to help customers out. Agents will tell customers there is nothing they can do for them because they don't actually feel like helping them out. If you call an agent and tell them that a certain customer wants to speak to them, they will LAUGH IN YOUR FACE, sigh disgustedly, or outright tell you no.
    If you were raised to do the right thing, you will go mad working for this company. If you have any customer service skills at all, they are wasted here because you will not be able to help out the customer to the best of your ability solely because of this company and its failures,

This company also plays favorites hard and constantly promotes brown-nosers and those who put forth the minimum amount of effort while those of us who are working our tails off are left to the wayside and punished constantly for actually helping people out.

There is no room for career growth unless you feel like sucking up to everyone and losing your pride and dignity in the process.

They will hold quarterly meetings that mean absolutely nothing to anyone who isn't an agent or an owner and constantly cut benefits.

I do not recommend you work for this company.

Advice to Management

Stop focusing your attention on cult-like "pledges", retrain every single agent on what home office and the renewals department does, and focus on your customers and not their wallets.

"Wouldn't wish this punishment to someone in prison."

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Brightway Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the coworkers and other staff you work with are great.

Cons

Miller brothers really have no idea what's going on under management as they are fed lies and fluff. Team Leads having nonsense conversations about anything and conversation is sometimes heard over phone by customer. Agents can do no wrong...ever. Even if reported by the interaction log, as your "ever so helpful" manager suggests...nothing is truly done. "Customers are our main focus" but in all meetings the agent is the first to be talked about or first represented in anything. Promotions are given by how well you can brown nose and make friends with management rather than the work you do. Pay is terrible. Feels like a cult with most meetings...just missing the punch. How you do your job is usually changed or "improved" weekly via email...followed by 629562946105$10 emails that aren't relevant or not needed by your department. System issues almost every single day. You'd think with how much money was wasted on the "fun room" they would have given you better and more stable systems to do your job with. Really foul smell in most areas of the entire building. Will ask you, sometimes, what's wrong and how to improve something but then told you're wrong or nothing happens at all. Agents are allowed to treat customers terribly or just not be customer service focused. It makes it difficult to do your job, which is customer service, when the agent can undo everything you try so hard to accomplish for the customer. The Win-Win-Win concept works about as well as a person in a wheelchair trying to use the stairs.

Advice to Management

Customer SHOULD be your focus, not the agent. Stop having stupid meetings saying you "care about the customer" but the agent is always mentioned first or is the focal point. Stop hiring members in management who have no idea how to type notes in a system and ALWAYS FORGET TO WASH THEIR HANDS AFTER GOING TO THE BATHROOM!" Better pay could be a moral booster for all the work being given.

6. "CSR"

I have been working at Brightway Insurance full-time

Pros

The Miller brother's (owners) are incredible and they always find excuses to feed you

Cons

Although I adore the owners They dont pay enough attention to the unprofessional poor management in the office. All the managers are friends that went to highschool together or HR hired her friends etc. Management micro manages and doesn't even know the answers to questions you ask them. They like to tell you when your hired that only 1-2 people left and there turn over rate is low that's a complete LIE more than 22 people left in a single month. No room for growth people have been stuck in the same position for years Beware! Dont waste your time!

Advice to Management

Learn what your company represents.

7. "Love it!"

Pros

Lot's of growth in the company!

Cons

There can be technical issues

"Unorganized Place"

Former Employee - Commercial Insurance in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Commercial Insurance in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Brightway Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff. I don't have many pros. Brightway is unlike any place I've ever worked. They do feed you quit a bit. :)

Cons

It has some potention only if they work on becoming organized. A better system without all the redundant work. Training is not structured. They only recognize seasoned people. The schedules sucked.

Advice to Management

Hire competent leaders and invest more in good trainers. A better bonus structure and consistency throughout the company.

9. "CSR"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Brightway Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Two many promised a lot of fake people!!!! A smile is fake from managers isn't real when they make you train for 90 day then let me go

Cons

Two many eyes over me wid poor attitude. No health for 3 mths then you have to work for them but you don't get any thing back

Advice to Management

Get real and get health for your people. They don care about me and my familie jus making money

10. "Truly a great place to work"

I have been working at Brightway Insurance full-time

Pros

The culture here at Brightway is truly unlike any other. We are all working together to reach our own personal potential, with the owners and leadership team leading the way. There are constantly positive changes being made. Brightway is growing at an exponential rate and we are all excited to be a part of it.

Cons

There is no con if you are investing in your own personal potential.

Advice to Management

Keep making positive changes

"Dream Job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Brightway Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the first time I have ever worked in a sales organization in which there is no smoke and there are no mirrors. I love my job, and I look forward to going to work everyday! My opinion is respected and I know I am making a difference.
    I have known the founders/owners of Brightway for most of my life. They are trustworthy, ethical, fair, and very kind. I am inspired by their leadership daily.

Cons

I have my dream job and I only have positive things to say. I believe anyone's success is based on how he or she overcomes obstacles. It's no different for a business. The Brightway culture and values are aligned with my own.