CIS Secure Computing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Bill Strang

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fantastic Product Company"

Former Employee - Sales Vice President in Sterling, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Vice President in Sterling, VA

I worked at CIS Secure Computing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great CEO, superb leadership, great products getting better, great future, great place to work

Cons

More in stock products would make sales easier

Advice to Management

Keep the new products coming

2. "Improving..."

I worked at CIS Secure Computing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Salaries leave a lot to be desired

3. "Getting Better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

I have been working at CIS Secure Computing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company events -- food trucks about once a month, occasional other free lunches, quarterly meetings are held off site, and we occasionally get tickets to Washington sports teams. Also, the company decided to eat the cost of our insurance increase this year, so there is no cost increase to employees.

Cons

The management/HR situation is really bad here. They are trying to fix things, and it has gotten better, but there is a lot of work to be done.

Very little upward mobility.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the Employees

CIS Secure Computing Response

Mar 23, 2017 – Human Capital Officer

Thank you for taking the time to post. Management highly values the opinions of all their employees and strives to create the best possible work environment. Please contact me to see if I can be of... More

4. "Fast paced, goal oriented work environment"

I have been working at CIS Secure Computing full-time

Pros

(1) Of all the places I have work, CIS has a great 401k matching program
    (2) People who you can definitely ask and receive help from without reservation
    (3) Management that actually listens to their employees and values their input to make the company better

Cons

Friggin' traffic is the worst if you come in during rush hour with all the construction vehicles.

5. "Great Community, Great Company, Great Learning Experience"

Pros

This company puts its emphasis on building a community within. While working here, not only do I know everyone's name, but they also know mine. It is easy to get along with everyone as well, including upper management. Managers know how to delegate work to keep up with high demand with challenging, but fair deadlines. Co-workers could not be any more helpful and willing to teach. Hand holding doesn't come with the job and the curve is pretty high, but help will be there if you ask for it. Quality is far better than my last company. It seems that everyone is willing to help with better a project even if it is not their assigned one. Questions are easy to ask, and answers come pretty quickly. Overall, a great company to work with, at and belong to; a superb company to grow along side.

Cons

Traffic would be an issue. Getting there is a hassle where you have to fight just merge. From what I heard, this company used to be a lot worse, but from my experience so far, its the best one I have been at.

6. "Great Place to Grow"

I have been working at CIS Secure Computing full-time

Pros

I was recently hired and promoted fairly quickly in my role. The company has invested a great deal in training it's employees by hiring outside strategy consultants to assist us in growing the company. Every month or so, we get a company sponsored luncheon, like food trucks from our local area, which is a nice way to celebrate the employees. It's a positive work environment and I feel as though my work is appreciated by everyone in the company.

Cons

There's not a lot of places to eat nearby the office, especially if you're looking for healthier options. There are a few local places, such as Merones and Dulles Kabobs, but everywhere else requires at least a 15 minute drive.

"180 degree turnaround - A New Vision"

Pros

Been here a little over 15 months. Have no idea what the climate was like years ago, however there has been a measurable change in both corporate culture and quality control in presenting our portfolio to our customers. Communication between all facets of the company have been of paramount importance moving forward. It creates an environment where all employees can contribute and feel they are part of the company's vision/message.

Cons

I'm sure everyone can point out various drawbacks to any organization, however I currently can't think of any ...... at least within my part of the company.

Advice to Management

Continue team building programs ...... training ..... stay focused on overall mission. Provide encouragement to employees within all areas of the company.

8. "Friendly place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

I have been working at CIS Secure Computing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really smart people working around you. Our engineering department is first-class. We create products that no one else in the world has to offer. There is a lot of opportunity for growth and employees are always encouraged to be innovative in their designs. We also have a very stringent quality assurance process that all our products go through which I have found is heads and shoulders above other places I have worked at. I take a lot of pride in my work and I have found that this place values my input.

Cons

Parking is limited so get there early if you want a great spot and don't want to walk.

Advice to Management

More on-boarding training when you first join the company.

9. "Time For Changes"

Former Employee - Engineer in Dulles, VA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Dulles, VA

I worked at CIS Secure Computing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First rate infrastructure team. Effective sales organization.
    Outstanding human resources professional who truly cares about each employee.

Cons

The company culture is toxic . Too much fear and intimidation comes from managers.
    CIS has a reputation of poor quality and not delivering products on time and this has created low company morale and angry customers.
    Engineers are forced to roll out too may new products each year and chaos results.
    Turn over rates are high especially among engineers and production staff.
    Senior managers are constantly fighting over petty turf battles.
    Little product innovation.

Advice to Management

Spend more time listening to your customers. Quit making excuses for the poor quality and late product deliveries.
    Stop hiring poorly skilled production people that cannot build products correctly.

CIS Secure Computing Response

Sep 13, 2016 – Human Capital Officer

Thank you for taking the time to post as we highly value all employee input and take pride in delivering products of the highest quality to our customers. In fact, CIS recently completed the audit... More

10. "A company on the way up"

Current Employee - Director, Human Resources
    Current Employee - Director, Human Resources

Pros

Thought I’d inject some facts in contrast to some comments listed previously. I’ll start by focusing on 2015 since the year just closed. While the CEO does drive an expensive car, he bought it before coming to CIS. More importantly, he did not receive a penny in salary (or any other form) from CIS. Plus, he is committed enough to have invested some of his own money in CIS. This is far better than the standard CEO you’ll find in other companies. Believe me, I’ve been there. CIS is addressing salaries and the starting rate for new hires is 18% to 30% higher than under previous management. Agree we don’t have a full salary or bonus structure yet; this is a goal for 2016. Realistically, it takes time to turn a big ship, but turning we are! Would you rather work for a company that's unwilling to change or one that's addressing shortcomings and improving?

Cons

None, realistically, it takes time to change even when things are good

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward, our direction is spot on