CNC Software Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 17, 2017

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Meghan Summers West

1. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tolland, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tolland, CT

I have been working at CNC Software (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Family owned they don't react to stock market price or a board of directors!
    - Highly technical software made by highly intelligent people.
    - Management is extremely generous and genuinely cares about their employees.
    - Beautiful campus with nice amenities like a gym, basketball court, racquet ball court and Bike room.
    - Active energetic people with great exercise habits.
    - Green company including a solar array and hydrothermal heating system, composting program, and other green initiatives.
    - Great bonus plan.
    - Industry leader while still maintaining an underdog attitude.

Cons

- Small company means a tighter budget.
    - The product is under constant rework and improvement so even after a version release, the list of to-dos continues. This means job security, but it also sometimes feels daunting.
    - The software serves the CNC programming market which is very specific. The company could use some diversity in it's portfolio
    - Employer does not match the employee's 401k contribution

2. "Great Company to Work for"

Former Employee - Sales Intern in Tolland, CT
    Former Employee - Sales Intern in Tolland, CT

Pros

Great work culture and lifestyle.

Cons

Not that I know of

3. "Why to work at CNC Software, Inc."

Former Employee - Educational Applications Engineer in Gig Harbor, WA
    Former Employee - Educational Applications Engineer in Gig Harbor, WA

Pros

The culture at CNC Software, Inc. is phenomenal. All employees are treated like family. The open door policy for communication is remarkable. Their dedication to enviromental sustainability is commendable and the management team is progressive and

Cons

I can't think of any

Advice to Management

Agile development and Scrum have really be a great benefit to the organization as a whole.

5. "Good workplace environment, lacking a good intern program."

Pros

As an employer, CNC Software really takes care of its employees. The facilities, or campus really, are extremely well-kept and offer employees a range of amenities. In terms of the internship, I did like the freedom we were given - never anybody really breathing down our necks. Anyone we asked for help were very nice, helpful and welcoming. We were given a small introduction to subversion and scrum which gave us an understanding of their basic concepts.

Cons

As an Intern, I can't say I gained a whole lot of experience. After the first week of welcomes, tours, and introductory training, we were basically left on our own. Our projects were all the stereotypical intern brute-force projects. The simple but time consuming, tedious things no-one else wanted to do. To be fair, that is what interns do, but it felt like we were never given any 'real' projects. We had little interaction with scrum teams or anyone else for that matter. I feel like with a little bit of planning on their part, we could have gotten so much more out of our time there.

Advice to Management

Pleas, please, please develop a better program for interns. Get them involved with projects in the scrum teams - show them more what these software engineers get to do.

6. "non-stop"

Former Intern - Software Engineer in Tolland, CT
    Former Intern - Software Engineer in Tolland, CT

I worked at CNC Software as an intern

Pros

company fits you well if you are a quick learner

Cons

non-stop, need to be more professional