CSZ Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "CSZ"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at CSZ (More than a year)

Pros

Good company with very good leadership. Works hard to be fair with all.

Cons

None. Company is expanding which will provide greater opportunities for current and future employees.

"Worst Place I've Ever Worked At"

Former Contractor - Document Control in Sharonville, OH
    Former Contractor - Document Control in Sharonville, OH

I worked at CSZ as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

- 10/80 Schedule - Every other Friday off.
    - Factory workers are nice.
    - Need a 20 word minimum for pros, racked my brain, and literally cannot come up with anything else.

Cons

- Sexist environment. Sign in women's restroom actually says "Remember, Women are the foundation of all decent society." Handbook says women should wear natural looking makeup. Supervisors sleeping with co-workers. Men (including owner) thinking men are smarter than women. Asked me how it was going, I said I'm catching on, and he said, well he's caught on, so you should be ok, and you can ask him questions (referring to a 19 year old male co-op that had been there less than me and only doing a scanning job, while my job was completely different and way more complicated).
    - Hired at low pay for one job, and given a completely different job with much more responsibility and same pay on first day. Management didn't even speak to me about role change and didn't even acknowledge it
    - Saw supervisor maybe twice a week for a couple of minutes. Couldn't even remember his name. Had no interaction with his employees. Many people talked negatively about him, how clueless he is and how he doesn't work, just sits on his cell phone all day. Sure enough, that's what I saw. Incompetent.
    - Every employee I spoke with hated their job and spoke negatively about the place. Many worked there for years with low pay, with jobs that top out with low pay. Shows company does not value hard working, loyal employees.
    - Office area not a very friendly environment, some engineers/supervisors/upper management come off as thinking they are better than others, and it is very obvious.
    - People do not know how to do their job properly, rush through things and do not do them correctly the first time. Always have to circle back to them and basically do their job for them.
    - No organization and extremely poor communication.
    - Could go on and on.

Advice to Management

You need a whole company make over. Learn to treat your employees with respect. You have a handful of very loyal and hard working employees, and you don't care if they leave, and you give them crappy raises, if any at all. I can't believe how many employees told me they hated it there and that management was useless. No one is happy there. Also, take some classes on sexism, you are NOT a woman friendly company.

3. "Entry Level Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at CSZ part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great factory with good leadership who know how to develop employees

Cons

Several employees seem to not care for the work

Advice to Management

Better filter process for employees

5. "review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at CSZ full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great quality products in medical

Cons

no new products in several years

Advice to Management

New products

6. "Great place for long term stability with factory positions. Not so much for salary positions"

Former Employee - Mid Level Management in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Mid Level Management in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at CSZ full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They created work for factory workers during a slow spell instead of lay offs
    Many very long term hourly workers
    Many opportunities for factory workers to learn new skills as they manufacturer as many own parts as possible
    Interesting & Meaningfull products
    Great team and family feel amongst the factory

Cons

Revolving Upper Management Door brings many culture changes.
    Product knowledge dwindles from mid management & up
    Lack of trust rampant throughout management
    Unqualified people in professional positions, especially quality dept.
    Department agendas don't sync
    Dog eat dog & blame game popularity welcome

Advice to Management

RUN Or unite and demand ownership remove themselves from any role in regulatory requirements. The products are great and have a real purpose. The distrust amongst the organization stems from your regulatory ethics vs ownerships. Your smart people being bullied. Every tool is there to be the best of the best. Transparency will only bring that out. Force them to bring in professionals from within the industry and not anymore executive's who managed their favorite pizza place.

7. "Not a people oriented company to work for. Largely distrustful and disrespect for employes. Employes are a dime a dozen"

Former Employee - Worker in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Worker in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at CSZ full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are comparable to other companies of this size. Interesting products. Potential for future growth.

Cons

Training is largely up to individual. Compensation is lacking. People step over each other to get visual recognition. Unless you are family or friends of family or management, you will be just surviving.

Advice to Management

Try managing the process and not just people. By focusing on people only, you are exhibiting distrust and lack of respect for employees.

8. "Contract Engineer"

Current Contractor - Quality/Technical Writer in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Contractor - Quality/Technical Writer in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at CSZ as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Wage distance to and from home

Cons

Not a full time employee

"Lack of quality management and understaffed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

The company is very family oriented and many employees have worked there their entire life. Good place to work if you plan on staying in Cincinnati.

Cons

There are not many opportunities for advancement. The company is rather understaffed and would benefit from better communication from management.

Advice to Management

Leadership would be best served to communicate priorities. Everyone has many projects on their plate at one time and everything is just as "hot" as the next

10. "Great Work Experience"

I have been working at CSZ full-time

Pros

A wide variety of internal job functions creates a superb learning atmosphere to help grow new skills.

Cons

Due to a wide range of job responsibilities, one can get easily overwhelmed. Lack of resources in certain areas.

"Good as an entry level job...."

Former Employee - Industrial Sales
    Former Employee - Industrial Sales

I worked at CSZ full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked in their industrial sales department for several years. It's a good place to wear many hats and learn on the job quickly. You are expected to come up to speed fast (I was replacing someone who was fired for not meeting performance expectations---and was told that on my first day). You do learn a lot about the business and their clients. Family-like atmosphere among staff and factory.

Cons

Extremely cutthroat environment even from management to staff. When manager's backs are to the wall, they routinely throw their own staff under the bus to save their own skin. Not uncommon to see people fired without warning or written up without warning---and being told their next write up is a firing. Pay raises and compensation are lacking---unless you are a close friend or family member of the President (who inherited the business from his Dad and Uncle) you will be surviving at best and spending each day trying to avoid getting yelled at or in trouble. At one point even salaried employees were required to clock in and out and being micromanaged on time. I was trying to go to school at night and told by my manager they had a tuition reimbursement plan---I submitted and got approvals signed off---but TWICE after I did this, they pulled the rug out from under me and when I submitted my grades (B or better) to them, they acted like they never agreed to anything. When I produced the signed paperwork, they said they were free to change their minds at will. I started applying for financial aid at school---and looked for another job after that. Also no flextime at all on hours---their way or the highway.

Advice to Management

Quit trying to screw over your employees in the name of profit! You have a great product but if you keep treating your employees like crap and pulling the rug out from under them (benefits, agreeing to pay for tuition and then backing out last minute) you won't have a business to turn over to the next generation.