CTDI Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jerry Parsons

Pros
  • very good benefits package compared to others (in 16 reviews)

• Challenging work environment without being demanding (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Bad Employees not disiplicned enough or let go (in 13 reviews)

• I would like to say nepotism is the largest con, however the upper management seats being filled by friends and family are being ran well (in 13 reviews)

"Make all the money you can make!"

Former Employee - Test Technician in Flower Mound, TX
    Former Employee - Test Technician in Flower Mound, TX

I worked at CTDI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get paid weekly, great people around you, and that's about it. Word of advice save all the money you can because you will be terminated very soon!

Cons

1. Everything is on a need to know basis. No one knows anything. Meaning you will not know if mandatory overtime is coming until a day prior. As well as the reason why work is slow.
    2. It doesn't matter if you never miss work, volunteer for overtime, or just always on time. You will never be a permanent employee. Be prepared to get fired at any moment.
    3. Be prepared for the worst once you clock in. You never know what to expect. When work is slow be prepared to do a job that you are not used to doing such as making boxes, cleaning all routers to get the dead roaches off of them, last but not least warehouse duties. It doesn't matter what job position you apply for do not think your job is secure.
    4. Asking your supervisor questions such as how come there is no work, what do I need to do now, how is my work performance are all useless questions because they will tell you I don't know.
    5. Last but not least it doesn't matter if you are a great employee and reach daily goals you will soon be terminated. It doest matter what job you have. Your days of working are limited.

Advice to Management

Why give management advice you guys know what is going on. Let's face it you don't care about employees or personal lives.

2. "Great company"

Former Employee - Repair Section Head in Fontana, CA
    Former Employee - Repair Section Head in Fontana, CA

I worked at CTDI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My 3.5 years at CTDI was some of the best in my life.
    The environment was friendly, bosses were very knowledgeable and offered lots of guidance. Co workers were great.
    I was given opportunities to travel to several different states to help train, in the process learning alot. The company is fast growing so was given opportunities to "move up."
    It can be hard for temporary workers due to the nature of being a temp. But if you work hard and have good attendance be confident you will be hired.
    The experience I earned at CTDI that will help me the rest of my life, and will never forget the people there.

Cons

Can be rough for temporary workers
    Part shortages
    Super fast paced, can cause stressful environment
    Big learning curve in some spots in production

Advice to Management

Keep keeping on

"My employment at CTDI through Adecco."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Juliet, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Juliet, TN

I worked at CTDI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I only remember one pro working there, it was my co-workers.

Cons

My opinion was that it was managed poorly. For your team to do well and exceed they need to be provided with the tools needed to get the job done. That seems to be the case throughout the warehouse.

Advice to Management

Either train people in a leadership role on how to manage better or get ones that already knows how. A team with great support from their leaders can break boundaries.

5. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Davenport, FL
    Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Davenport, FL

I have been working at CTDI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Steady work when its busy

Cons

A lot of lays off during slow season

6. "quality control technician"

Former Employee - Quality Control Technician in Buford, GA
    Former Employee - Quality Control Technician in Buford, GA

I worked at CTDI full-time

Pros

the pay,the benefits,the opportunities, the people and the atmosphere

Cons

organizational skills of upper management

"Test and Refurbishment"

Former Employee - Material Handler in Gresham, OR
    Former Employee - Material Handler in Gresham, OR

I worked at CTDI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Job paid okay.
    Got some experience.

Cons

Management does not know how to manage. Little trust of the warehouse people, can't take a sick day without be looked down on. Not allowed in the main office. Warehouse is sweat shop of organized chaos. Constant push, push, push to go faster, do more, but if they were better organized and treated us better we could be more productive.

Advice to Management

Create a more professional work environment, treat people with more respect and they'll want to show up for work.

8. "Project Coordinator"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in West Chester, PA

I have been working at CTDI full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wages
    Great environment for fast and hard worker
    Work environment overall
    Best Benifts
    CEO
    Ease of promotions

Cons

Bad Employees not disiplicned enough or let go.

"Material handler"

Former Employee - Material Handler in Livermore, CA
    Former Employee - Material Handler in Livermore, CA

I worked at CTDI full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are no pros to this company. They make you not want to go into work! No training skills at all or patience to train.

Cons

Poor management, lunch room is small with no air flow and cockroaches oh and rats. If your not trained and fast after two days of learning your position you're looked down upon and talked about.

Advice to Management

Learn how to communicate to your employees, handle stress better so you don't take it out on your employees and learn how to be patient when an employee is training for a position.

10. "Happily employed over 20 years"

Current Employee - Operations in Buford, GA
    Current Employee - Operations in Buford, GA

I have been working at CTDI full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are top notch..From 401k to health insurance and reasonable price for family

Cons

Very hard to advance in this company, it seems only a select group are constantly given the opportunity for advancement over and over, people get promoted to positions that are never even posted.

Advice to Management

Stop overlooking valuable employees and give them a fighting chance at success. This used to be a company that grew from within. Start weeding out overhead that's not necessary you could save hundreds of thousands on senior management positions that aren't truly necessary

11. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Hebron, KY
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Hebron, KY

I have been working at CTDI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love what I do, started as an electronic repair technician temp in 2015 and worked my way up to production supervisor then engineering technical support supervisor and 3 month ago promoted to be an electrical engineer at CTDI location in Hebron KY. My point is everyone can grow up with this company if work hard and prove themselves. Started as a production labor from Columbus OH to an electrical engineer in Hebron KY and I am still hungry.

Cons

First of all,
    Wherever I work, I make sure to take care of the business like I own the business.
    Sometimes have to work overtime, weekends, come early, leave late but at end of the day you know that you have a supportive corporate team! Profit sharing, fair wage, equal opportunity employer..........

Advice to Management

I just wanted say thank you for supporting your employees and giving opportunities to hard working young educated people like me.....