Canadian Solar Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 63 reviews

3.1
Canadian Solar CEO Shawn X. Qu
Shawn X. Qu
Pros
  • "Canadian Solar provides a casual work environment and mostly friendly and diverse team(in 5 reviews)

• "(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management is fully aware but doesn't care(in 5 reviews)

• "They pay minimum wage, standing in same spot on factory line for 12 hours everyday all day is very painfu and boringl(in 4 reviews)

1. "exciting industry to be in"

I have been working at Canadian Solar full-time

Pros

- Dynamics industry with bright future - Very friendly people - Entrepreneurship culture - Never bored

Cons

- Process improvement and system upgrade - Communication

Canadian Solar2018-03-03
  2. "Logistics Order Management Specialist"

Current Employee - Logistics Specialist/Order Management in Concord, CA

I have been working at Canadian Solar full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Best reason to work with Canadian Solar, are the challenges, gave me the opportunity to collaborate with headquarter, sales, accounting, warehouses and outside sources and more training in SAP.

Cons

Solar modules are seasonal and does not gain regular businesses in every quarter.

Advice to Management

I would suggest that the management deal with more products not only solar modules and inverters to keep the business going.

Canadian Solar2018-03-21
  3. "Good people"

I have been working at Canadian Solar full-time

Pros

People working at CSI have a good attitude and generally thrive at bettering the company.

Cons

Communication and understanding of local requirements is challenging for the headquarter folks.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to align everyone's goals in order to have everyone push in the same direction.

Canadian Solar2018-01-15
  4. "Disappointing Changes"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Canadian Solar full-time

Pros

Reasonable compensation They are starting to focus on employee ergonomics Some wonderful people work there

Cons

Chinese company = Factory worker thinking All decisions made in China, US office is just a re-seller with no decision power, even when the decisions coming out of China are ridiculous. Some managers do no understand the industry, and are not capable of properly evaluating potential partner technology. Poor work distribution leads to a lot of busy work and little meaningful work. Non existent work life balance:...

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate current middle management. Go through one by one if necessary to assess whether or not they actually understand the industry and the upcoming technologies being released. Hire a China/US liaison, with enough clout in China to actually make a difference.

Canadian Solar2016-12-01
  5. "An honest perspective from someone that believes in the mission..."

Current Employee - People Operations in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Canadian Solar

Pros

- Amazing team members that pull together to accomplish a common goal...we no longer have challenges with team members that simply say, "...that's not my job..." but instead, work with each other to figure out solutions - Improvements are continuously being made around the structure and overall culture, including the development of our management team to successfully set them up to support and guide the team members...

Cons

- With any successful organization or business unit, some structures around processes and systems are not as sophisticated or developed; however, there are initiatives in place with the right people to lead them, making a change - Had the feeling of not being appreciated; however, this has changed in the past 2 months with new leadership in place and efforts being put forth to implement the changes - At certain times...

Advice to Management

Continue keeping the lines of communication open and reminding us that what we do does Make A Difference... keep an open mind and open ear to what our team members are saying as we truly are one of the most valuable assets an organization has

Canadian Solar2016-08-31
  6. "Hard work. A good thing overall."

Current Employee - Inside Sales in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Canadian Solar for more than 4 years

Pros

Good team. Good people. Room for advancement. Work hard and you can make a difference.

Cons

If you complain a lot or don't like hard work don't come here. Lots of work. Can be hard to keep up with. You will not have 40 hr weeks here. Don't be a whiner or complainer.

Advice to Management

Hire more capable individuals quickly to keep up with the workflow. Being pushed beyond 60 hrs a week really burns people out. Even the great go getters.

Canadian Solar2016-09-09
  7. "Worst Company in Business"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Canadian Solar

Pros

There are zero pros to working here. Collectively the most unethical group of people. Working here will make you a worse person and will contribute negative effects on your mental health. You are better off collecting unemployment checks until you get hired somewhere else. Anyone decent has already left.

Cons

Too many to count. I'm not sure how they are in business since almost everything that goes on here is highly unethical and in most cases illegal. Very political. If you lack a soul and enjoy stabbing others in the back for your personal benefit then you will do well here. Affairs are also common and make it difficult for anyone with any dignity.

Advice to Management

Get your act together. The way you are doing business is not sustainable. What goes around comes around...

Canadian Solar2016-07-12
  8. "Confidential"

Former Employee - Confidential in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Canadian Solar for more than a year

Pros

1. Competitive salary and benefit packages. 2. HR/Recruiting team support. 3. Strong conviction to meet the sale targets.

Cons

1. Supply Chain (SC)/Sales support ERP systems are basic. 2. Frictions exist between the SC and Sales. 3. Lack of team environment. 4. Employee turned over.

Canadian Solar2016-05-18
  9. "No communication"

Former Employee - Product Manager in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Canadian Solar for more than 2 years

Pros

Red tape seems minimal, office is in a nice location, compensation isn't terrible.

Cons

No communication, no direction, no opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

Focus on transparency and company-wide communication.

Canadian Solar2016-05-31

"Logistics Coordinator"

Former Employee - Operations Coordinator in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Canadian Solar for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with except for the Logistics Manager. Humbling experience.

Cons

Logistics Manager needs to repent

Canadian Solar2015-07-25