Caring.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 27, 2019

3.1
Jim Rosenthal

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great company culture with a work from home environment" (in 34 reviews)

• "Base plus commission, it is a real deal company with good benefits" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "I feel like they were setting the Family Advisors up to fail" (in 14 reviews)

• "Working from home isn't for everybody, but there's certainly given a lot of opportunity to interact with your team" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Family Advisor in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Family Advisor in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Caring.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with caring for roughly a year now and I love my job. I enjoy talking to the families of seniors as well as the seniors themselves. It is a very rewarding position knowing you are helping people as well as rewarding monetarily. If you put in the work and do your follow up (like any sales position) you will make good money. I myself avg between $4,500-$6000 a month and only put in a 40hr work week. They have all of the tools in place for us to be successful, you just need to know how to work your pipeline. I read some of the previous comments on here and to me it seems as if either it is one of two things, they were let go because of lack of performance (yes we do have a quota like any other sales company does) or they got burnt out (which does happen to people) and instead of acknowledging that, they want to blame the phantom dialer system , or management. It is false!! If you like to help people, make good money and be able to work in your sweats (if you want to) this is def the job for you!!

Cons

With any company that is growing there are going to be changes and with changes come issues. I would say the biggest CON at this point would be a lack in communication between us Family Advisors and our backline team.

Advice to Management

More open communication from the Corporate office to the work at home FAS.

2. "Look at November 24th review... "Honest review of a toxic company""

Former Employee - Family Adviser in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Family Adviser in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Caring.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at home. Data Base was functional but constantly adding benefits for Sales.

Cons

Read the review reference....could not agree more after 2 years of employment.

Advice to Management

Change the Title to Sales person. Family Adviser seems ridiculous. Sales is first and foremost not helping Seniors.

"Family Advisor"

I worked at Caring.com full-time

Pros

No commuting and dealing with traffic

Cons

They sold several times in a short period of time. When I 1st stared the training was very good on all aspects of sales, the position, and understanding the benefit package. When the company changed ownership changes happened very quickly and we didn't have proper training or notice when our insurance benefits, 401k, payroll, and when we switched payroll companies. The sales training and sales management was good. They had a HUGE gap of communication when they changed important parts of the benefit package and how you clock in and out. They just expected you to know how to on a new system.

4. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Family Advisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Family Advisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Caring.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Excellent induction training
    -It feels like you are running your own business unit
    -Get to work from home
    -Great culture
    -Opportunity for promotion

Cons

-Base salary & bonus structure should be better for top performers
    -Sales pipeline lag longer than expected. A lot of patience needed
    -Lack of drive shown by other family advisors

5. "Human Services Specialist: Work as a team with staff and clients to provide assistance in a timely and adequate manner."

Current Employee - Companion Care in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Companion Care in Houston, TX

I have been working at Caring.com full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working to find and provide resources to help people.

Cons

No matter how hard we try, there are some people we are not able to help.

Advice to Management

If they would allow staff to train for multiple positions so they can utilize staff for more then one position.

"A Very Caring Place to Work For"

I have been working at Caring.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Corporate really does care about our mission to help Seniors find good and affordable housing.
    - Awesome people to work with, great team!
    - A new CEO and other C-level executives who are bringing in a fresh look at the business and trying VERY hard to bring us up to where the competition is
    - Fun and engaging corporate office, great culture

Cons

- You have to be open to change and seeing the big picture. If you are more comfortable with status quo and not changing for the betterment of the company, than this isn't for you
    - Salary is a little under regional average

Advice to Management

Management has listened to the concerns of Family Advisors, who do not get to see what is going on in Corporate, and there will soon be ways for them to be more in touch with HR and Corporate. Keep that up.

7. "Moving in the right direction !!"

I have been working at Caring.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great working partnerships across multiple avenues (Sales, Client Services, Engineering).
    There have been a lot of changes in the last few months since the introduction of new leadership.

It seems to me that we are moving away from working in silo's and reevaluating all that we do here.

Cons

People do not like change. We are going through some teething problems at the moment and some of the reasons for change should have been addressed by the previous management, but was either ignored or not thought worth reviewing.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Keep looking for ways for us to improve our goals and delivery of service across all areas. I have faith.

"BRUTALLY HONEST"

Former Employee - "Family Advisor"
    Former Employee - "Family Advisor"

I worked at Caring.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

this company does offer benefits

Cons

You are set up to fail... Myopic micromanagement. Managers who are spiteful, while smiling to your face. ZERO job security. They go over and beyond the call of duty, to find ways NOT to pay you your commissions. You have to work overtime in order to ensure you receive what you rightfully earned.. For those who are currently employed or previously employed KNOW EXACTLY what I'm talking about. I can honestly say, it's the most vindictive and toxic company that I've ever encountered. SOOOOO many people talented and hard working people are actively seeking other positions and MANY others have just up and quit because they cannot take one more minute of the injustice. The concept is great but the reality is very, very different. Consider yourself warned....

Advice to Management

Get to the bottom of all of the manipulated and doctored "metrics". You are in for a rude awakening.

"Better options out there."

Former Employee - Family Advisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Family Advisor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Caring.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Able to work from home.

Cons

Reading thru the recent reviews is quite entertaining. The current employees are getting coerced into putting positive reviews to try and counteract the negative ones. This was a decent place to work with good employees and management. With the most recent sale of the company,all care for the employees went out the window. The higher ups don't care about anyone but themselves. This company that started with good intentions, is nothing but how can we make the most money and pay out the least? When I worked for them and found a move in for someone that didn't work there any longer, I thought great won't they be happy. Until I found out that no matter how many move-ins you have scheduled they don't pay you for ANY of them after your last day of employment.
    I have seen this company use and spit out so many employees, it's hard to explain it all in a short space like this. I would just say employee beware, this company is like the titanic, there is no saving it now.

Advice to Management

Go back to the company that cared for your employees and the seniors that you served.

"New Direction is Exciting!"

Current Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Caring.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great executive team in place now! The company is definitely heading in the right direction. There are now standards and protocols in place to help every employee to be successful. You must have the open mind to accept the success.
    I see that people have posted negative things about the changes and what they forget is that the previous executive team's decision is what got the company to where it had to have a new owner/executive team come in. What they were doing obviously didn't work. Yes, there was a RIF. However, the management team was very upfront about who it was and why it happened. They actually held a company meeting, with a question and answer portion. They let it be known that it was the bottom performers. It sounds like it was strictly a business decision. I understand that being laid off is tough and nobody is happy when that happens. In my opinion, better 16 than the entire company go under. I'm sure the decision to do that wasn't taken lightly by anybody. We all had a friend who didn't make the cut.
    I also read negative postings about the pay. I was well informed of my pay prior to accepting a position with caring.com. I rely on my bonuses to live, not my base. I am a sales person and this is not new to me. If you are lucky enough to get hired, get in here, learn all you can and stay on the phones and make money. It is a great position to be in to be able to work in your pajamas, if you so choose, and make a great living. Also, not having to be out amongst the traffic and fighting the hustle and bustle is awesome! But, be prepared to learn your industry and sell! This is not a customer service position.
    Great people. Everyone I've met has been great.
    Great benefits.

Cons

There are changes going on and we don't know what to expect right now. That can be a little scary.

Advice to Management

Keep making the positive changes and standardizing the company. It's great to see some structure to it.