Caring.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Andy Cohen

1. "Family Advisor"

Current Employee - Family Advisor in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

One of the best companies I have EVER worked for. Management is very smart, fair, fun and, yes, CARING. There are also a lot of advancement opportunities and the company often hires from within. You get to help people, work from home, make a decent living, and the benefits are better than any I've seen at other companies in this day and age. 3.5 weeks vacation first year (yes actual first year) and 4.5 starting your second. Am I in Europe?!

Cons

Change can be good but it does pose it's challenges particularly when related to pay. But so far, all the changes have proven to be good ones..though there are a lot of them. But I understand that's what allows us to grow and become a greater company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesomeness!

"20,000 a month job not 40,000 to 60,000"

Current Employee - Family Advisor in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Family Advisor in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Caring.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will make 10.00 an hour....that's a joke!

Cons

Promised the big bucks to work there, but given peanuts!

Advice to Management

Do the right thing, pay for every move in, instead of firing reps, so you can reap the rewards of their hard work.

"Okay Company"

Former Employee - Family Advisor in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Family Advisor in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Caring.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I started, the pay was fair. The hours were a little crazy starting out, but they were willing to change my shift to fit my needs, so that was good. I had a really fantastic manager, certainly one of the best sales managers I ever had. She was very good at her job, and worked excellently with our team. But because she was so good, she was promoted, and her replacement lacked her tact and excellence, and things went downhill from there.

Cons

We were paid on base and bonuses, but we were dependent on senior communities closing deals with our leads to get those bonuses, so that did affect overall income. Plus they lost a huge client, which took away a vast majority of our earning opportunities. Plus this was a work at home job, where you spent long days attached to a computer and a desk, with no interaction with co-workers for days, so it could lonely and you could easily have cabin-fever. But the upside you saved on gas and wear and tear on your car. After they lost the big client, they changed how they were going to pay their Family Advisors, and made everything more difficult especially when it came to making a living.

Advice to Management

The company is certainly going through changes and growing pains. They are in competition with A Place for Mom, and the actual senior communities that they work for, and management is unsure of how to deal with it, so they make changes that negatively affect their front line staff. This will hurt their bottom line if they continue this.

"Company in decline"

Current Employee - Family Advisor (Changed to Sales Representative ) in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Caring.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Vacation time, remote work place, benefits through parent entity

Cons

This is painful to watch. Senior management has completely abandoned its original mission as a place where you could work to genuinely help families in need while earning decent bonuses to a run of the mill hardcore telemarketing call center. Caring.com is systematically starving out the original workforce with telemarketers from Phoenix who are able to work for under ten dollars an hour and have no compassion for the people they are supposed to help. With this type of crew on board comes the predictable unethical sales practices, stealing of accounts from co-workers and a complete lack of knowledge of the senior care industry. Management steers business and lies about it, formerly high producing professionals are going through the painful process of being starved out of their livelihoods. Sales people are now bullying the elderly into visiting 8-10 senior communities regardless of whether they can afford it, or is appropriate for them. Caring lost two more key accounts this month alone. Wagers are being made as to when the whole disaster will fold. I used to love my job

Advice to Management

Management wont listen to any advice

"Started out Great, went Kaput"

Current Employee - Family Advisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Caring.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits-thanks to the mother company. Working from home. That's it.

Cons

Crazy metric requirements that are always changing; nearly impossible to meet. "Pet" Family Advisors that cheat the metric system, costing YOU. A company that seems to really be struggling now.
    Monitored every SECOND, on all you do-treated like a bad 5 year old who has NO clue how to be professional. Just seems like wants to pay the LEAST possible on commissions. A lot of us got ZERO this month.

Advice to Management

Man, I think it comes from way up, but get a grip. Decide on a course, make it clear and STICK with it! Go easier on those stupid metrics.

7. "Great Home Health Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Biloxi, MS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Biloxi, MS

I worked at Caring.com part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the most respecable and organized caregiving company I have ever worked for. Not only do they pay great, the clients you work for are amazing. TLC really respects its employees and helps them at any cost.

Cons

There are some down times when there are no clients, which make it hard on employees who rely on this job as their only source of income

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, spread your horizon and this company could go further than you can imagine.

"Should be DoNotCare.com"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Caring.com (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent mission on paper, no action in reality.

Cons

Execution is purely for profit, no caring for seniors in the mix.

Advice to Management

Get a conscience

"Family Advisor positive experience working for Caring.com"

Current Employee - Family Advisor in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Caring.com provides Family Advisors an opportunity to work from home, with almost all of the advantages (expect face time with each other) of working in an office, without the disadvanges (time spent commuting and being stuck in traffic)!

My experience with Caring.com has been very positive. Only 4 months into the job, I needed an leave of absence, and it was granted. During a difficult family situation, they have been flexibile, kind, and have exemplified what it means to be Caring!

It is a joy to be able to help assist families on their often difficult journey to place a loved one into Senior Living. Caring.com provides all the tools, training and support for success. The weekly coaching sessions with Managers are a very positive and uplifting experience.

If you are a caring, compassionate person who enjoys helping others, with the ability to connect with people over the phone, I would highly recommend Caring.com and an excellent work from home opportunity.

Cons

Working from home does not allow for face-to-face human contact with your work team. NOTED: Caring.com does provide computer cameras, so we are able to video chat.

Advice to Management

1) Plan an annual get-together so employees to have some actual face time. 2) Relocate Caring.com HQ to Arizona! Real Estate is cheaper and it would cut expenses and make the company more profitable : ) 3) Keep doing what you are doing!

"Family Advisor"

Current Employee - Family Advisor in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Family Advisor in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Caring.com (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked here (from home) more than one year, and enjoy every opportunity to help families find Assisted Living for their loved ones every day. Management provides outstanding training and there is opportunity for growth within. Feels like I work with a family because they care about and listen to employees. More than three weeks paid time off, full medical & dental, 401k, excellent salary, bonus, and opportunities for extra bonuses! This is a real job that requires performance and accountability, not rocket science to be very successful and rewarded for your efforts. A genuine company that invests in their employees by providing your computer, data base, leads, support and much more. Questions are answered instantaneously. I am grateful and humbled to work and grow with caring.com.

Cons

There are no cons about Caring.com.. Working here is delightful. You must be passionate about seniors and their families, and patient as you help them during the most stressful times in their lives.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your ongoing efforts to increase the success of your employees as well as the opportunity to be part of your growing company nationwide.

"Family Advisor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

The other family advisors in your team will help you and want to do well just like you do

Cons

The administration changes the payment process so many times it is impossible to make a good living. What you are told in training is not what happens. Training is very poorly done and rules change daily No caring for employees and their lives- mandatory OT is continual

Advice to Management

This seems like a brand new company in its first year of business who can't get it together and does not know how to take care of its employees or manage a business. Sad - because it's not a new business.