Caring.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Andy Cohen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great company culture with a work from home environment" (in 19 reviews)

• "Working from home, helping families at what can be a stressful time place their loved ones into senior living communities and they are so appreciative" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Working from home isn't for everybody, but there's certainly given a lot of opportunity to interact with your team" (in 6 reviews)

• "I work from home, I manage and motivate amazing Family Advisors who also love their jobs" (in 7 reviews)

"Great company! Great Culture!"

I have been working at Caring.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is my favorite sales job hands down. Great company to work for and they exemplify their name--Caring!!

Cons

Working from home isn't for everybody, but there's certainly given a lot of opportunity to interact with your team. If you are a truly motivated salesperson, there won't be any cons for you in this job.

Advice to Management

Maintain a positive culture. Be visionary. Caring.com has the potential to go really far.

2. "Good"

I have been working at Caring.com full-time

Pros

I can Work from home

Cons

Pressure to dig in always

Advice to Management

Change

"Misleading"

Current Employee - Fmiliy Advisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Fmiliy Advisor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Caring.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working from home, helping families at what can be a stressful time place their loved ones into senior living communities and they are so appreciative.

Cons

We were not told on hiring that company was up for sale so our future is very uncertain. Very micro managed role in metrics driven company. I have exceeded sales goals x 3 in the last two months but get no encouragement. The role is completely scripted and Caring does not really seem to value customer experience or building any rapport. No surveys are sent to customers and it’s all about getting customers to tour and move in to communities. I joined because I wanted to help people but I have learned that caring is really just high pressured sales and has no interest in building rapport.

Advice to Management

Managers should micro manage less and offer more encouragement to their advisors when they do well.

"Family Advisor"

I have been working at Caring.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is my favorite sales job by far. I get to work from home, avoid commuting to work every day, work great hours and never fall short on good leads to work. This company takes it's people seriously and trains you well. I went through a couple weeks of solid training before I started taking live calls, which was nice for me because I had little experience in this industry. The training was fun, interactive, informative and extremely professional. The management here is all about the people, good coaching, excellent pay and benefits.

Cons

If you are truly a skilled sales person, this job won't have any con's. There is a challenge in sales no matter where you work, if you are good at what you do and driven to succeed, you will be great.
    Working from home isn't for everyone, stay active and appreciate your home being your work place. Have a dedicated workspace and reliable internet, hardwired connection is necessary.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, I am very happy I found this job and look forward to many years of success.

"Low Pay"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wes, OK
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wes, OK

I have been working at Caring.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at home but the schedule is not your

Cons

Low pay-down believe the 50K/60K money they state. Starting wage $ 10.00 p/hr the numbers don't add up

Advice to Management

Pay a better wage for people- The numbers don't add up and you are always posting help ADs

Apr 10, 2018 – HRBP

Hello, and thank you for your input!

I'm sorry to hear that you are not pleased with the pay structure for our Family Advisor position. This is a commission-based sales position, which we explain... More

6. "Family Advisor"

I have been working at Caring.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home, helping seniors find housing, don't have to fight traffic but still earn a great wage. Base plus commission, it is a real deal company with good benefits. They have the backing of a very large parent company so we enjoy their benefits.

Cons

Hours, you can't always pick your own schedule at first but you can change it after a few months to something that you might like better. Let our earned vacation days roll over to the next year.

Advice to Management

Increase your base pay to attract experienced sales people in the Senior Living Industry.

Apr 10, 2018 – HRBP

Thank you so much, your feedback is much appreciated!

7. "Happy Current Caring.com Employee"

Current Employee - Family Advisor in Apache Junction, AZ
    Current Employee - Family Advisor in Apache Junction, AZ

I have been working at Caring.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Caring.com is always there when you have a question, computer issues or just need help with something. I love the fact that I get to help people all day long and make a good living for myself at the same time. The hours are good and the benefits are awesome.

Cons

No real cons other than the fact that you have to be able to motivate yourself. You have to get up, take a shower and act like you're going out the door to your job. But no traffic to deal with. That's another Pro.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Thinks are running well. Peter is great at his job.

Apr 10, 2018 – HRBP

Thank you so much, your feedback is much appreciated!

"Not what I expected"

I have been working at Caring.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home, good benefits.

Cons

It is more difficult than I was lead to believe about earning commissions. I am great with people and it is not panning out the way I had expected. I am somewhat concerned about the criteria use to promote. There is obvious sexism in the work place that is disturbing. Commission rules seem to shift in the favor of the company and there is a lack of clarity regarding most policies.

Advice to Management

Boost performance by reward, not policing. Build morale, share information, make it easier to earn a living, this will create loyalty and performance.

Apr 10, 2018 – HRBP

Hello, thank you so much for your feedback!

Please reach out to HR, I'd like the opportunity to dig deeper into your concerns!

"Family Advisor"

Former Employee - Family Advisor
    Former Employee - Family Advisor

I worked at Caring.com (More than a year)

Pros

Great innovation in access to tools and systems.

Cons

Poor sales management resulting in a mass exodus of the sale force in the last 2 years.

Advice to Management

Compensation plan for advisor should reflect deep knowledge of the picture the metrics paint.... Not just the metrics themselves. Compensation plans drive your advisor team or they kill it.

"Great job!"

I have been working at Caring.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like helping families with their senior care needs. Working from home is awesome but it's not for everyone. I really enjoy not having to commute to work and don't mind working by myself. Our team interacts enough to not feel too isolated. The benefits are great- affordable health insurance, dental, vision, 401K, short and long term disability and 4 weeks of PTO is great. Pay is above average with bonuses. My manager is awesome and very helpful. Ongoing training is nice to have also, they want to help you be successful.

Cons

An occasional increases on hourly base pay would be nice