Cascade Engineering Reviews | Glassdoor

Fred Keller

1. "Great experience"

Former Employee - Operations and Sales in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Operations and Sales in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Cascade Engineering full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, benefits, leadership and Socially conscious. Very good company to work for!

Cons

Nothing that comes to mind.

2. "Cascade Engineering"

Current Employee - Design Drafter in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Design Drafter in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Cascade Engineering (More than a year)

Pros

I personally enjoy working with the staff at Cascade Engineering because they are laid back and professional. I was able to connect with the clients and design what they really wanted. It is great having the flexible schedule, being able to work from home, road and in the office while setting my own hours.

Cons

The only Con I have is that it wasn't a long term contract but rather a project to project. They could keep me busy but not year around.

Advice to Management

You guys are awesome to work with and I look forward to work with you in the future from Hawaii.

3. "Cascade Die Casting"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Cascade Engineering full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Multiple job opportunities and multiple location in N. Carolina and Michigan. Company supplies several major OEMs in the automotive, power tool, medical, and appliance industries.

Cons

Facilities are not all on the same business systems in regards to equipment maintenance, quality systems, and plant reporting systems.

Advice to Management

Be more open to new ideas from newer hires. Look to build current employees careers by supporting training and mentoring on current team.

4. "hilo driver"

Former Employee - hilo driver in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - hilo driver in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Cascade Engineering full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

higher up big wigs don't talk down to you. benefits and hourly wage is ok. most people are easy to get along with. it Is really easy to advance in the company.

Cons

unsafe working environment. cascade puts up a front like they are a green company that cares and has values, when most of this is false. so much oil has leaked into the floor and not properly been taken care of, so when it rains oil seeps though the floor from the ground underneath. they are too cheap to fix their resources to purify what they put down the drain, so they take the easy way and dump oil, chemicals, ect down the drain. direct management is awful. they look beyond potential work violence/ conflicts as well a verabally abusive bosses. there isn't any confidentiality, my boss would put my business out there in our shift meetings. worst boss I ever had. it was total chaos, something happened every day. it was not normal if some sort of issue didn't erupt throughout an 8 hour shift.

Advice to Management

management turns a blind eye to the crap that goes on in the factory area. especially if it involves an employee that is a minority. minorities are definatly favored over the majority, no matter how bad it is.

5. "Intern"

Former Employee - OHIO in Montpelier, OH
    Former Employee - OHIO in Montpelier, OH

I worked at Cascade Engineering part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

A lot of overtime during the busy season

"Marketing"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing and Communications in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing and Communications in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Cascade Engineering full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

TBL culture of diversity and inclusion. Excellent leadership and great place to work.

Cons

Stable workforce with rare openings for management level and above.

Advice to Management

Thank you for creating a great culture to be a part of.

7. "Project Engineer"

Former Employee - Engineer in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Engineer in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Cascade Engineering full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Allowed to do your job with direction but without being micro-managed

Cons

Was not prepared for the economic downturn and had to go without (services, amenities) for quite some time

Advice to Management

Be better prepared and have a rainy day fund for an economic downturn

"A decent job for longer term employment"

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Grand Rapids, MI

Pros

- Easy to willingly get overtime
    - Full time is unofficially guaranteed because it's a growing business
    - Lots of opportunity for advancement
    - Middle class wages
    - Many good benefits

Cons

-There are no paid holidays when you are an affiliate, and the facility will be shut down during many holidays.
    - Around 90% of employee benefits are not applied to affiliates in any way.

9. "Outstanding mission and vision. Average execution."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Pros

A very fulfilling vision and mission for the company. The owner is serious about the commitment to sustainability. Great culture. A genuinely fun place to work where you know you are valued.

Cons

A lot of firefighting. Probably too diverse for the size of the business - which leads to under-capitalization of all business lines. Management is average.

Advice to Management

Be more proactive about making necessary personnel changes. Streamline the business lines to reduce unnecessary overhead and drive more profitability.

"Started strong, ended weak"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Pros

There is a good balance between work and the personal life - overtime is little or none. I'm given free reign to complete my work with little management intervention.

Cons

Senior Management is poor - leading to lousy project management and cost overruns. Over-emphasis on diversity instead of concentrating on making the best product for the customer. Professional development in my department has been nil, causing general dissatisfaction - there is nowhere to grow or go unless you are part of the favored management team. Basically cronyism runs rampant.

Advice to Management

Actually listen to the diverse collection of experience you have instead of the same voices over and over. Pull back on the new business division creation until the others have settled down. The constant stream of new projects damages the core businesses which could be making more money if given more time.