Chef on Call Reviews | Glassdoor

Chef on Call Reviews

Updated Jan 28, 2019

3.9
Chef on Call Co-Founders Robert Kauffman and Gabriel Malbogat (no image)
Robert Kauffman and Gabriel Malbogat
1 Rating
  1. "Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Montreal, QC

I worked at Chef on Call part-time for more than a year

Pros

Welcoming, friendly coworker environment. Flexible scheduling and easy to get cover/ pick up extra hours.

Cons

Late night/ not great environment as a woman. Work taken for granted despite hard hours and little pay.

Chef on Call2019-01-28
  2. "Perfect Student Job"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative, Shift Manager in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Chef on Call part-time for more than a year

Pros

I learned (and am still learning) a lot at Chef On Call. This is my first job, thus I was really shy and scared at the beginning, but thanks to the managers and the great environment. It also let me grow as a person. Working at a late-night delivery restaurant might be challenging, but at Chef On Call, you get to have fun which makes you work better!

Cons

Working late night might not be for everyone, and it might get stressful

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and maybe better training for new employees (which I know they are working on) !

Chef on Call2018-03-22
  3. "Amazing restaurant - Great Environment"

I worked at Chef on Call part-time

Pros

Great people, food and management

Cons

Late working hours, can be stressful

Chef on Call2018-03-19
  4. "Chef on Call"

I worked at Chef on Call full-time

Pros

Working at Chef on Call was a great learning experience. Not only did I grow professionally but I grew as a person as well. I learned valuable skills that have helped me with my future endeavours. Its a very fast paced environment, high level problem solving, and fairly interesting challenges.The environment is one of support and development! The crew is amazing and super friendly and the managers were great too! Open to discussion and very easy to communicate with them!

Cons

The only downside is the late hours but once you get the hang of it, it's not so bad.

Chef on Call2017-02-04
  5. "Great Student Job"

Customer Service Representative in Montreal, QC

I worked at Chef on Call

Pros

made friends. flexible hours. staff discount on food.

Cons

late night hours. lots of drunk customers (only on fri and sat!) which can sometimes be frustrating.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the underperforming staff.

Chef on Call2017-02-01
  6. "Alright"

I worked at Chef on Call full-time

Pros

Owners are cheap Food is actually good but the owners are very cheap and doesn't want to to add or make the menu better

Cons

Underpaid drivers Pressure when in rush hours They make u feel like you are there to work for short time and minimum wage

Advice to Management

Take risks

Chef on Call2017-01-11
  7. "Customer Service"

I worked at Chef on Call

Pros

Flexible schedule, great for students

Cons

Terrible management, disorganized, late night hours,

Chef on Call2016-09-30
  8. "Student's Dream Job"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Montreal, QC

I worked at Chef on Call full-time

Pros

As a former employee of Chef On Call, I have only positive memories of my 3.5 years working with them. During this time, I was a full-time student at McGill University, and they were amazingly flexible around my school schedule. As it was my choice to work at a restaurant that was open until 4am, the late hours did not bother me, and the fun team made working into the wee hours of the morning exciting. The owners and managers were also willing to expose and teach employees about various facets of the business, which opened my eyes to how small businesses are run and helped me to gain skills that I wouldn't have been able to acquire at another restaurant job. My thoughts, queries, and concerns were always heard and ideas from employees at all levels were considered to help the restaurant become a better place for managers, employers, and clients.

Cons

Working late hours is not everyone's cup of tea: it's hard to stay up until 5am and then proceed with a normal, functioning day afterwards. For those people: this job is not for you. It is a fast-paced, demanding environment that thrives in the late night hours of a day; but that is transparent from the beginning. Balancing a school/life/work balance can also be difficult, but at the end of the day, finding this delicate balance is the responsibility of the employee with the help of the employer. If you approach this job with honesty, a good work ethic, and an ability to admit when you are unable to handle your work load, management will listen and do what they can to help.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! I miss you guys a lot, and wish all my future employers will be as lovely, considerate, and easy to work with as you all were. The #key to success is listening, learning, and loving what you do - and you guys kill it!

Chef on Call2016-08-25

"Too demanding for too little pay."

Delivery Driver

I worked at Chef on Call

Pros

Food discount, young company and fun coworkers.

Cons

Management schedules you only when they want, regardless of when you've told them when you can work. Very late hours.

Advice to Management

Allow for breaks! Compensation for mileage on car would help greatly or something such as a gas allowance.

Chef on Call2015-03-28