Childtime Learning Center Reviews

2.8
Childtime Learning Center CEO Mark R. Bierley
Mark R. Bierley
Pros
Cons
  • "Very low pay, long hours, health insurance was expensive with high copays(in 22 reviews)

• "Understaffed VERY HIGH TURNOVER RATE(in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"great place"

4.0
    Current Employee - Teacher Assistant

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center part-time

Pros

The staff is very friendly and follow all policies for childcare

Cons

no cons that you wouln't already expect working with kids

February 21, 2020Digital Reputation Coordinator

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your experience at Childtime. Thanks again for the review!

2. "Great Place to work"

5.0
    Former Employee - Teacher in Akron, OH

I worked at Childtime Learning Center full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

kids are great to work with

Cons

schedule can be trying at times

3. "Do not work or send your children here!"

Former Employee - Infant Lead Teacher in Penfield Center, NY

I worked at Childtime Learning Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with the children, the gratitude of the families

Cons

Pay, no sick days, heartless management, overworked, underpaid, no support

June 9, 2020Digital Reputation Coordinator

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We’re sorry to hear the level of support you had received from management. It is important to us that our employees feel they have the support they need to be successful in their role. Thanks again for sharing your perspective.

4. "Caregiver"

4.0
    Former Employee - Caregiver

I worked at Childtime Learning Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Caregiving Loving staff I loved my job

Cons

Under staffed Low pay Slow pace

May 28, 2020Digital Reputation Coordinator

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with Childtime. Thanks again for the review!

5. "Worst Job Ever"

Former Employee - Lead Teacher

I worked at Childtime Learning Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The weekends are really relaxing.

Cons

I was diagnosed with cancer. When I came back to work the day after my bone marrow biopsy I was handed 2 occurrences for missing work. The director made it clear how she felt. "Your health is not a priority to me or the company". I went through hell. Inconsistent hours. Ghetto employees. Horrible sanitation practices. It all depends on how clean that particular teacher is. Too much stress for so little pay. It just wasn't a good experience.

May 28, 2020Digital Reputation Coordinator

This is upsetting to hear. Childtime is committed towards ensuring a supportive work environment for all employees, where everyone is able to enjoy a positive, inclusive and welcoming environment and is enabled to be successful at work. Thank you for your feedback.

"Has potential"

2.0
    Former Employee - Teacher in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Childtime Learning Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Emphasizes learning through play, encourages teacher and student creativity. Safe place for kids.

Cons

The pay is low and there is a lot of pressure on teachers. Little or no planning time provided. Admins focus on numbers and ratio over teachers' well being. As soon as a class drops to ratio and the lead can catch their breath and get something done they pull the assistant to go somewhere else. Very strict policies that are not always honored. Poor communication.

March 10, 2020Digital Reputation Coordinator

Thanks for sharing your review. As a company, we strive to provide a supportive work environment that offers a development path for a meaningful and fulfilling career. As part of that, we regularly evaluate employee compensation and benefits to ensure they’re competitive within the industry. The concerns that you have mentioned regarding management (including those involving staffing and ratios) are ones that we take very seriously, and will be noted for further action. Thanks again for the insights.

7. "Little supervision"

Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at Childtime Learning Center full-time for less than a year

Pros

The salary was good kids were great

Cons

All of the exams you had to take before you get started

February 21, 2020Digital Reputation Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Childtime is dedicated in our mission to care for children and families as well as creating a positive work environment for all our employees. It can be challenging work, but we absolutely want our teachers to enjoy all the rewards early childhood education can bring. Thanks again.

8. "Great"

5.0
    Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center full-time for less than a year

Pros

Positive atmosphere to work at. Friendly

Cons

long hours that you work.

February 21, 2020Digital Reputation Coordinator

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your experience at Childtime. Thanks again for the review!

"I've never wanted to leave a job so badly."

2.0
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Bedford, OH

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Emotionally rewarding, kids are great, parents are nice, some nice staff.

Cons

Pay is low, raises are low, certain employees get away with things that others wouldn't, favoritism, hard work goes unnoticed, never leave on time

March 4, 2020Digital Reputation Coordinator

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you have not been having a positive experience as a Childtime employee. As a company, we strive to provide a supportive work environment that offers a developmental path for a meaningful and fulfilling career. As part of that, we regularly evaluate employee compensation and benefits to ensure they’re competitive within the industry. Thanks again for the insights.

"Not what it used to be!"

Current Employee - Teacher in Bedford, OH

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Love the kids, and most families

Cons

Management is horrible. Hard workers are over looked, it is all about the cliques. Director sits on her phone in office all day, teachers are overworked and underplayed.

March 6, 2020Digital Reputation Coordinator

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We’re sorry to hear the level of support you had received from management. We’re committed to providing a supportive work environment where every employee is given the opportunity to be successful. If you are open to sharing more details on your personal experience, please call our Employee Hotline at (877) 767-5241, and we will ensure that your concerns are addressed. Thank you.

Found 223 reviews