Childtime Learning Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

1.9

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Childtime Learning Center (Akron, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

The director completely glossed over the fact that I was cocky, brash and cussed. It was a doomed relationship from the get-go. I had even told my spouse that I had a bad feeling about the place. I was hired based solely because my personality was the complete opposite of the person who had previously held that position.

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't remember. I just remember the director telling me that I would be a great fit for the position and asking me when I could start after about 10 minutes of small talk. It felt more like between my personality being the opposite of what was there before and the desperate need for a warm body I was essentially handed the keys to the car and told to drive. But I was told to drive with no training. Seriously. My training was watching a bunch of videos on a laptop. And of those videos, I learned more about their self-made cleaning solution and how they wanted you to spray things down than I did about policies and procedures.   Answer Question

Lead School Age Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Childtime Learning Center (Winston-Salem, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

It was real busy because it was around Christmas. Asked me typical questions about classroom management and how I would structure a day with the children. Because I came at the end of the year. The holidays delayed the process. It took 2 weeks for me to hear back.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if 2 children aren't getting along well?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Just waited for corporate to approve the application and my pay. Tried to negotiate part time hours but they said to go through part time first before full time. Plus I came under the sign on bonus they are having.

Anonymous Employee in Wyoming, MI

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Childtime Learning Center (Wyoming, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

The director was very nice and made the interview easy. She asked me the normal interview questions about child care and customer service. Then she asked very fun get to know you questions.

Interview Questions

• If you and your class were stuck on island what 4 things would you bring? (island is safe and there is food)   1 Answer
    • 2 children are throwing toys.. How would you handle the situation, when Childtime does NOT do time outs or say no?   Answer Question

Food Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yorktown, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Childtime Learning Center (Yorktown, VA).

Interview

It was quick and easy. Only took 3 days for the decision from the managers to return with a answer. I started work two days after final decision with three days of on the job training.

Interview Questions

• How long have I been in the childcare food specialist role.   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Childtime Learning Center (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and after applying was directed to complete an assessment and fill out a background consent form. Once these were completed I received a phone call from the director to set up an interview. The interview was conducted by the director, one on one. She was very friendly and asked typical child care interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a parent who was upset that his or her son was dressing up in princess or ballerina outfits?   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winterville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Childtime Learning Center (Winterville, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

a recruiter called me and did a phone interview. Then she sent me a test I had to complete. I then had an interview with the center director and district manager

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have with management ?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Childtime Learning Center.

Interview

I found the job description on Indeed.com, and followed the link to submit the application. I received a call from them few weeks later, and scheduled an interview. When I arrived, the Director had to leave mid-interview to do bus runs, so the team lead conducted my interview. They contacted me the next to to offer me the job. I returned to do paperwork and started after the holidays.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Childtime Learning Center (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interviewing process truly begins at home upon receiving an e-mailed invitation to fill out additional paper work after completing the online assessment. After which I received a phone call from the establishment the following day. Once, at the Day Care facility you are asked to complete another application form that primarily focuses on your prior child care experience. Overall the interview went amazing, everyone was more than welcoming, and the environment was comfortable yet professional.

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Childtime Learning Center.

Interview

I applied online and a field recruiter contacted me to set up an interview within a couple of days.After the interview, I was asked to email transcripts. I did not hear anything for couple weeks and the field recruiter finally contacted me asking if I was still interested in the position.

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Childtime Learning Center in October 2015.

Interview

Was called to interview. I arrived 20 minutes early but wasn't called back until 10-15 minutes AFTER our scheduled appointment. There were no other interviewees or pressing matters, such as parents. Interview went well, and I was called back the next day and hired via phone. I sent in all of my information as requested, including desired salary. She called back to tell me she could offer me $7.50/hr and I responded that I really could take no less than $10/hr having graduated with a M.ED. She said that she knows some employees negotiate their pay and that she'd contact me with a response within 24 hours. I never recieved another call. Common courtesy would have been to have a final, "sorry, no can do."