Clari Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Clari CEO Andy Byrne
Andy Byrne

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great support from leadership team & board (in 8 reviews)

• Typical start-up with free lunch, amazing events, game room, 7-11 type snack bar and beer fridge (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • t say the work/life balance is crazy but its certainly a hard working culture (in 5 reviews)

• Hence, a lot of mediocrity is left for others to tolerate since even the smallest achievements are blown up as amazing by the CEO (in 2 reviews)

"Innovative, Fast moving and Collaborative"

I have been working at Clari full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are great. The Clari team is one of a kind and has a true appreciation for working with each other. The willingness for coworkers to go above and beyond is incredible and has simply become part of the fabric of what makes for a great culture.
    It's rare to find a company (big or small) where every department truly works together to achieve a common goal and puts the customer first. The Clari platform and solution solves a real problems for sales teams. Fun to be part of a great solution.

Cons

Don't be afraid of long hours (they fly by when you enjoy what you are doing).

Advice to Management

Keep the focus, empower the field, build a marketing machine and keep knocking them down. The innovation and all around efforts build momentum. Great job recognizing that "recognition is free" when it comes to the team. Don't forget the need to bring the remote folks together for team rapport. Working remote has advantages yet team bonding/collaboration can never be overlooked.

"Amazing people, product and vision!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Clari full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First and foremost, it is the people. The team is amazing and work collectively to achieve the Clari vision. The product is built using some of the latest technologies which give it a competitive advantage. The perks are among the best in class in Silicon Valley.

Cons

Given the stage, the Clari is at, a lot is needed from everyone to achieve its goals. This can sometimes get in the way of work/life balance. As a result, things can get a bit overwhelming at times but with good time management, one can manage this effectively.

Advice to Management

It's great that the executives are completely transparent about the affairs of the company which makes you feel like this is your company. Please keep this going as we scale.

"Outstanding vision led by remarkable leadership"

Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Clari full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clari is remarkably strong in both it's leadership team AND in a clear north star vision. I would say these are the top 2 priorities in searching for a good start up. The fellow employees here share a culture of community, inclusiveness, and kindness. Very generous benefits. Very remote friendly, as the entire company is wired to allow anyone to work effectively even if you are not at headquarters. Catered lunches if you work at HQ. Dog-friendly office. Half a block to Caltrain.

Cons

The company is growing very fast, so there may be times you are expected to put in extra hours and do what it takes to ensure you achieve your goals. I do not really consider this a bad thing since this is expected in any start up, but it's not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Continue the great work!

"Amazing and Growing Vision - Execution in Key"

I have been working at Clari full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff at Clari are among the most generous and sincere I've encountered. The technology platform is already amazing and is evolving to address market opportunities. If you want to be part of a team building something incredible, this is the place to be. Pick your priority and GO.

Cons

Clari is at a stage in it's history where we've proven the market demand and now need to focus on how we scale; people, technology, programs, documentation. We need repeatable, scalable processes that we can rinse and repeat, while maintaining some flexibility for special circumstances when required. Backed with expectations and accountability, these processes will help create a rhythm of business that is methodical, deliberate, repeatable, scalable.

Advice to Management

You have an amazing management team. So very supportive. Do not be afraid of implementing structure to support our vision. We're lean and able to snap to it quickly.

"SaaS with Class!"

I have been working at Clari full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Top to bottom team approach across all functional business units. It's an "all hands on deck" approach to make sure the company conducts business the right way
    * Great colleagues, but better humans! There is an honest camaraderie that you feel from day one, and it doesn't fade. People want to help, and are genuine in their efforts. The support is unparalleled to any work environment I have been a part of in 17+ years in the workforce.
    * Great product with talented and smart people across all BU's, and always wanting to learn and get better
    * Titles mean little from the CEO down, and we do not work within our job description. We operate like a Jazz Band!!
    * We're not perfect, but who is? Our difference? NO ego, and we strive to get better everyday.
    * We are a rocket ship ready to take off! Now is the time to get on board. Charge ahead!!

Cons

* None, but Glassdoor requires a minimum 5 words in this space

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! From all accounts I have personally witnessed the company trusts you and your vision for the future!!

"Strong Senior Leadership / Phenomenal Environment"

I have been working at Clari full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Senior leadership has a very clear vision and consistently communicates the company's direction. The team makes a very concerted effort to ensure employees are frequently informed about progress and/or challenges. Colleagues are overwhelmingly supportive of each other. Team members are compassionate and sincere - truly an extraordinary group of people.

Cons

Not necessarily a negative as all start-ups have challenges during the initial phases -
     Infrastructure still needs to mature, and it definitely will with time. In my experience, management is very open-minded and always welcomes new ideas and new perspectives.

Advice to Management

Stay true to the master plan and continue to value your people.

"Great product, even better people!"

I have been working at Clari full-time

Pros

This company is changing the game in the world of enterprise sales. The market is reacting extremely well to what we are doing and the leadership team is very experienced, they have been successful with prior companies.
    Amazing group of extremely talented individuals who are fun to work with. It has been an incredibly rewarding experience to work with very friendly, helpful, humble and approachable team members. There are plenty of opportunities to grow individually as well as learn from others.

Cons

For a startup I wouldn’t say the work/life balance is crazy but its certainly a hard working culture. That may not be a con for everyone but it is worth mentioning.

Advice to Management

Advice to management would be to always maintain the current levels of transparency as we grow. It’s been extremely refreshing to be a part of this culture.

"Also disappointed, a big let down..."

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Clari full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As noted in several posts, Clari was a great place to work. They even got an award for The Best Places to work. All of the people are extremely friendly and nice. It seemed like everyone cared for each other. There was a big emphasis on helping and enabling you, especially when you were just hired. I had excellent on-boarding sessions with CEO, CTO and all other functional departments, and was trained in Sales with lots of passion, energy and engagement. They treat new employees very well so they get integrated into the company quickly.

They also care deeply about customers and have very loyal customers. People who use their product generally seem to be very happy with the product.

Their benefits are top notch, and have many fun all-hands meetings etc. Their CEO is very approachable, and leadership team genuinely seem to be nice people.

Cons

Masking behind all the feel-good atmosphere are deep-rooted problems. Many of the senior sales reps in my team had challenges in meeting quota, and when the company could not meet its growth targets, the sales team was singled out for poor sales execution. And, when they had to do a RIF, as someone else has recently posted, they did it in a way that simply magnified the shock. We all in the field were thinking everything is going well, but all of a sudden, we are let go.

Deeper problem was that the product seemed to be early to market, so not enough demand. The product team leadership did not seem to understand sales team challenges in selling, marketing was unable to get enough good leads. Not much was being done to address the growth target and product's ability to match with demand.

Advice to Management

Take a look at where the problems are before blaming a department. Ask yourself, if you think you have a great product, why is it so hard to sell? Or, if you have a great product except few would purchase outside the silicon valley bubble, outside the friends network, is that really ready for the market? Stop drinking your own cooled, and ask yourself, what is more important - whether a rep is active, doing his meetings, or if you really need to look at demand and probe into why demand is not there.

"Nice people, hectic work/life balance"

I have been working at Clari full-time

Pros

Typical Silicon Valley startup culture with free daily lunch and positive environment. Management makes an active effort to be transparent.

Employees are extremely nice and approachable and try to make everyone feel included. There are some really bright people if you can get time to speak with them.

Cons

Teams are small, but scrappy and often are juggling many projects with aggressive timelines, which sometimes quality will take a backseat to quantity. Projects outlined at beginning of quarter are not prioritized and last minute fire drills become the norm.

Hard learning environment as there is no time.

No clear indication of career path or review of performance. No review of past wins or failures.

Advice to Management

Outline top priorities and achievable goals before quarter begins and get all departments to focus on the same core objectives. Would be good to have higher level management spend more time educating the market.

"Very disappointed"

Former Employee - SDR
    Former Employee - SDR

I worked at Clari full-time

Pros

(I wasn't going to do this, but others are here so I'll jump in.) A real feel-good atmosphere, friendly to a fault, usual startup perks almost to a Google cliche. I looked forward to work every day...which meant I never took a day off, including on the weekends.

Product is solid and I felt good about selling it. My manager (eliminated) was supportive. It was a great place to learn--and earn--confidence in my role for the future.

I doubt this will be the case for any future employee, but they really did give us time and opportunity to prove our mettle before throwing us out to sink or swim. (Although I dread the lessons they'll perceive themselves to have learned from the imagined consequences of this cultural patience.)

And management feels incredibly regretful and guilty, which means that despite the crocodile tears, we are getting honest help after the RIF hung us out to dry. We will measure the sincerity, however, by results. Admittedly, if I'm sincere myself, I'll miss the experience day-to-day and the wonderful people who really built the place. (Though many truly special ones are gone.)

Cons

The caveat to hiring positive people almost to the exclusion of anyone else is that when you miss a target, the "gut feel" of optimism still drives your decision-making process, and without pragmatic types to rein in the upward trajectory...well, you end up hiring when you can't afford to and are surprised when it doesn't work out.

Advice to Management

Get a handle on business and trust your product! Or don't. Convey any bad news without theatrical debacle. But please, PLEASE acknowledge that even though MPDG employees may act like Stepford zombies sometimes, they always retain their humanity. You won't get better actual financial results by cutting a contributing minion's paltry salary from the payroll; it's purely a symbolic, heartless move. You are better than that, or seemed to be, or should be. Of course you need to appease the tone-deaf board to get funding, but gutting the spirit and morale of the place makes a *true* zombie out of the entire org.