Clari Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Clari CEO Andy Byrne
Andy Byrne

1. "Great, well-rounded company"

I have been working at Clari full-time

Pros

* Positive culture. From the CEO down, everyone is extremely respectful and positive. You won't be put down and you'll feel like your ideas/contributions are valued.
    * Transparent. Everything is out in the open. Andy was getting feedback that he didn't share enough of the negatives and less upbeat stories, but he's since then been doing just that. He and the rest of the executive team listen to feedback.
    * Hard working. Everyone here works extremely hard. Don't expect to work 9 to 5, we're in it to win it.
    * Seasoned/down to Earth executive team. The leaders at Clari are well seasoned, and make intelligent decisions based on their extensive experiences. Every move is calculated.

Cons

Location... not much to do around the current office (Sunnyvale)

2. "Named Account Executive"

Current Employee - Named Account Executive
    Current Employee - Named Account Executive

I have been working at Clari full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity, Challenging, Culture, Flexibility, Leadership, Impact

Cons

Newer Market Selling, Start-up, Challenging,

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Keep pushing!

3. "Great leadership, great team, great product"

I have been working at Clari full-time

Pros

The company has a strong and executable vision of giving sales teams the platform they need to reach their numbers. There is leadership support from all angles and they are willing to go in the extra mile for you to get your projects completed. Decision making is encouraged across individual contributors with support from other teams.

Cons

You'll probably work more than you're used to but the team is in full support of your efforts.

Advice to Management

As the company grows, it's imperative that management provides the right level of attention to each business unit as they scale, whether its hands off, or high levels of direction.

5. "A Caring Company with Visible Success in the future"

I have been working at Clari full-time

Pros

Business grows steadily, with visible expanding market;
    Executive team really care about employees, put lots of effort to help employees grow and build up inspiring environment and culture;
    Highly transparent about company and division performance;
    Almost all employees are pretty nice and friendly, with several really geeky and cool :-)

Cons

The product focuses on enterprise space. So it takes more time to build up products and adoption. You have to be patient with the journey.

I wish more resource can be allocated to increase our technology advantage over competitors or big players like Salesforce.

Advice to Management

As company size approach 100, it becomes critical to keep the past startup atmosphere but at the same time to scale up all teams efficiently.

"Needs Improvement"

I worked at Clari full-time

Pros

- Good investors
    - A lot of great team members
    - Focused on making customers happy
    - Energetic atmosphere

Cons

- Unfocused management
    - Micromanaging at every level
    - No work/life balance
    - Constant finger pointing
    - Product innovation has slowed down to the point of no longer having a competitive edge
    - Management tries to be transparent, but never has conversions about the "hard things"
    - Individual growth isn't prioritized
    - Departments aren't able to work together

Advice to Management

Focus on hiring the right people - don't settle

7. "Driven to Excellence"

Current Employee - SDR in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - SDR in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Clari full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Before I allowed myself to start my career in sales I always look for three ideas which are challenging opportunities, continuing to learn and grow. Money can be made at any company but a good sales man or women need more which is why I joined Clari. Clari has not only proven the three ideas I wanted in a company but more. Clari does not just focus only on numbers and quotas but the personal growth of their employees. They believe that many companies get lost in the success of the company but not Clari. Clari understands that success is driven by the employees who work here.

Clari is a great place to not only start your career but a place where your CEO pushes you to greatness. The company is transparent but this allows for everyone to help those in need when a problem arises. All and all I am very happy with starting my career here and excited to see where this company takes me.

Cons

Many people say there is always a con in a company but at the moment I can not find any because Clari allows us to voice our options without judgment. Again, Clari allows their employees to speak up because everyone's option could help create not only a better environment for the company but could help further the development of the product.

8. "A perfect place to grow"

Current Employee - Senior User Experience Designer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior User Experience Designer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Clari full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a designer, it's been fantastic journey to build a product that our users love. Team is very focused on the best product on market, and it pushes everyone to the edge of innovation. Open, creative, and your ideas will highly impact to the live product. You can learn about users everyday, becoming better designer everyday.

Work and life balance is great as long as you keep adding values to the team.

Over-communication can be fun or nightmare depending on your personality. People here are very fun in general, but also very seriously critical in many discussion. You are required to have an opinion as a team member.

Lunch is provided, and we have lots of small fun events for employees to enjoy very often. Active and outgoing company culture may feel like family.

Cons

As a startup, responsibility is often broader than bigger company. You have to figure out the best position you can take regarding complexity between high expectations from company and your best outcomes as an individual.

Comparing to big company, we have less systematic performance review process, so cannot expect minimum annual raise without proof of remarkable accomplishment. And no bonus yet...Benefit package is good, but not as good as SV unicorn companies like Google or FB regarding maternity leave.

Snacks aren't the best quality IMO. Maybe I am spoiled child type, I don't feel like company is trying to feed employee the best quality food (organic, healthy, tasty ice cream or desert etc)

Most of fancy company thing is employee only. So almost no benefits for employees's family.

Advice to Management

Always think what employees need and want to perform the best for the company. People are most valuable assets for our company.

9. "Great team building a great product"

I have been working at Clari full-time

Pros

This is a smart, energetic and action-oriented group of people that is committed to building the best possible product. There are great opportunities to learn and grow by taking on responsibility. The emphasis on achievement and getting stuff done is really well balanced with strong company culture and values.

Cons

Nothing significant at this point. The company is growing, so there are still things to figure out from a process perspective but overall that seems to be heading in the right direction.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and maintain the Clari culture and values as the company continues to grow.

"Sales - careful if you're thinking of joining them"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA

I worked at Clari full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you've never held a sales job before, it's a great place to learn many aspects of sales - inside sales, SDR, large enterprise sales. You may even get a pass for the first two to three quarters when you just can't close anything.

Cons

Under scrutiny by senior management for every little action. Constantly being nagged by the CEO who believes he can help, and doesn't trust you to do the job. Also, product is very early stage and is hard to sell with complex enterprise buy in process, and hard to prove ROI.

Advice to Management

Trust people to do their work and empower them. If the work is too complex for junior sales team, don't hire them and expect them to do miracles.

"Excited about the outlook at Clari"

I have been working at Clari full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being at a startup, you'll be given the opportunity to run with projects that will benefit customers, the company, or your own personal initiatives. There's a lot of room to grow and the outlook of the company is generating a lot of excitement in the market and internally. The engaging work that you do is felt across the board with our customers and internal teams, and helping build a great Product while working with high-profile People (internally & externally) brings forth a different challenge everyday, so you're not really doing repetitive work.

Cons

Some of the growing pains include tools and processes that are not aligned cross-functionally. Part of it is experimentation, but the other part is that we need to map out the processes that work to automation and be supported by an infrastructure.

Advice to Management

Allocate resources to a yearly training stipend to help with employee advancement.