ClearlyRated Reviews | Glassdoor

ClearlyRated Reviews

Updated May 14, 2019

4.9
ClearlyRated CEO Eric Gregg (no image)
Eric Gregg
  1. "Great and Rewarding Place To Work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at ClearlyRated full-time

Pros

Working on rewarding projects. Amazing culture and transparent management. Flex Fridays. Great coworkers. Good benefits.

Cons

No 401k matching, though there is a 401k. No dedicated parking, but public transportation is covered and there is a secure bike room and showers.

ClearlyRated2019-05-15
  2. "Friendly, Smart People With Work Life Balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at ClearlyRated full-time for less than a year

Pros

-People here are approachable, friendly and very helpful -Great hours -Every other Friday off, the Friday you work, you can WFH (work from home) -Small business so everyone feels like family (in a good way) -Free coffee and snacks -Close to the heart of public transportation -Everyone is supportive of everyones success -CEO encourages people to ask him tough, uncomfortable questions -Mgmt open to feedback... and suggestions -Managers are great about supporting you in your job

Cons

-No parking, garage parking available, but expensive

Advice to Management

-Keep maintaining a culture of openness and transparency even as more people come on-board

ClearlyRated2019-05-08
  3. "Pretty Good Short Term"

I have been working at ClearlyRated full-time

Pros

Extremely friendly co-workers. Good benefits. Every other Friday off is a great progressive policy to encourage folks to enjoy their life outside the office. Good environment to learn if you're self motivated.

Cons

No tracks for professional improvement. If you want your career to progress from the position you were hired in for, you're honestly better off looking elsewhere. A number of managers have a very hard time offering real praise to team-members outside of sardonic compliments. If the kool-aid isn't really your flavor, there aren't a lot of ears to hear you out. Also no matching retirement plan.

Advice to Management

Make genuine efforts to hire diverse individuals. Celebrate individual growth and achievement (at least on team levels). Don't be complacent with the good changes you have adopted. Offer real career incentives for individuals to remain loyal to the company. Invest in the future of your employees.

ClearlyRated2019-05-09
  4. "Honest people who work hard"

Current Employee - Vice President of Engineering in Portland, OR

I have been working at ClearlyRated full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You are given as many opportunities as you are willing to take on. Real professional growth is encouraged and available. Owners personally care about your well being and happiness at the company.

Cons

Small and open office, so occasionally can be loud.

ClearlyRated2019-03-06

"Culture and vision go a long way"

I have been working at ClearlyRated full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work-life balance is a top priority here. Leadership genuinely cares about what's happening with the people on their teams. Communicative and caring culture make this a great place to come to work every day. ClearlyRated has a pretty big vision, and it's exciting to be a part of such an innovative company! Lot's of opportunity for growth, it feels like we're tackling new challenges every day.

Cons

There has been a lot of change at the org in the last 2 years, which inevitably comes with some challenges. The good news is that our team has stayed largely in tact and we've been able to evolve alongside the business.

ClearlyRated2019-02-14
  6. "Really awesome workplace!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Portland, OR

I have been working at ClearlyRated full-time for less than a year

Pros

Wonderful co-workers, fun events and activities throughout the year (quarterly "culture wall", like baby picture guessing games; Escape Room; Thorns soccer game; Office Olympics, weekly Beer + Strategy meetings), flexible work schedule (every other Friday off), pretty casual dress code, and a true commitment to work/life balance - these are just a few of the things that make working here great! We're all about... client satisfaction (obviously!) so we go above and beyond to practice what we preach. We're serious about what we do and we work hard, but we also celebrate our wins and do what we can to make work an enjoyable place to be every day!

Cons

We're a small company so upward movement is a bit limited, but each person does have a yearly training budget to use towards learning new skills or advancing current skill sets. Management is also good about encouraging you to figure out what your interests and strengths are and how those can help you further your career.

ClearlyRated2019-02-15
  7. "The People Here Care About Each Other!"

Current Employee - Vice President Product in Portland, OR

I have been working at ClearlyRated full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have worked here for nearly 10 years and I still have room to grow in my role, learn so much and take on new challenges. The people are genuine, the vibe in very entrepreneurial, we are building the future here and it's an exciting time to be part of ClearlyRated!

Cons

The open office can be hard to concentrate at times for me, but headphones help!

Advice to Management

Remain focused and rally the team around the vision often.

ClearlyRated2019-02-14

"Great company, Amazing Culture!"

Current Employee - Sales in Portland, OR

I have been working at ClearlyRated full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Flex Schedule (Every other Friday Off) -Small company allows you to get to know your coworkers on a personal level.

Cons

Open office can be distracting. (Not necessarily a con for me, but can be for others.)

Advice to Management

Keep crushing it. Keep guiding us in the right direction.

ClearlyRated2019-01-24

"Great culture and happy customers!"

Current Employee - Sales in Portland, OR

I have been working at ClearlyRated full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really nice joining a company that has some long tenured employees that are knowledgeable and fun to work with. This company has a great culture with unique benefits and leadership. Great open working space right in downtown Portland near the food carts and central to all the trimet lines. But the best quality by far is a great product and delivered value to the customers. Customer retention rates are off the... charts high for a tech company and I can’t tell you how rare it is to know that what you’re selling is working and giving a huge return to its customers.

Cons

Pretty usual things here for a small startup trying to make hay in a growing market.

Advice to Management

Keep being pragmatic about the growth plan by investing wisely. Inavero is definitely an understated company in the Portland tech landscape that has built something really cool and meaningful.

ClearlyRated2018-06-13

"Fantastic, high growth software firm"

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Portland, OR

I have been working at ClearlyRated full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great culture, strong product, work/life balance, fun place to work, and tons of growth potential

Cons

Still small, mostly bootstrapped, wear multiple hats.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture strong like it is as we continue to grow

ClearlyRated2018-06-04