ClickTime, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Alex Mann

1. "Privately Owned and Profitable"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClickTime, Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I look forward to everyday at ClickTime. While we often need to assist customers through complicated process change or integrations, we have a team of highly skilled professionals that work hard so that every client, large and small, feels that their business is supported.

At the end of the day I feel a sense of satisfaction of a job well done and a sense of ownership in the product and services we deliver to our clients.

Cons

As a small business in San Francisco we feel the pressure of inflation more than some of our large competitors that outsource their labor and development. ClickTime's application tracks with the employment index. Thus, when times are lean for the country and employment dips, as in 2008, so does use of the software.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to hire seasoned veterans. While our MO in the past has been to hire young talent and mold them into a successful contributor, at this stage in our growth we need to hire candidates that have a track record of success.

"Extremely Miserly Company and Very Old Technology"

Former Employee - Linux Systems Administrator in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Linux Systems Administrator in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ClickTime, Inc. full-time

Pros

The employees at ClickTime are nice and the physical location of the company is convenient to commute to. There are plenty of restaurants and bars around the area to go to for lunch or happy hour.

Cons

Where do I start? This company REALLY pinches every penny. Some employees are using computers that are 6 years old. The CEO would have to sign off on any purchase that was over $100.
        There is definitely a "inner circle" of those who suck up to management and get what they want. One employee waited over a year for a sit/stand station where a more senior employee in the "inner circle" got one approximately a month after working there. It is unacceptable to play favorites when ergonomics come into play.
        As far as technology goes, the stack is very old and it doesn't seem like it will be modernized anytime soon. There is not much to learn as far as Information Technology goes at this company. The main webpage looks modern, but once you log in, the app looks like it was built in the 90's. If you are applying for a Systems Administrator role, be prepared to do some desktop support.
        The facilities are very poorly maintained - I have seen people have to buy their own soap to put in the bathroom because the building doesn't take care of the restrooms. The company shares its office (and even some IT equipment) with Mann Consulting, ClickTime's parent company. There was very little office space for ClickTime despite the fact that Mann Consulting employees are rarely in the office. At one point, the company stuffed six interns into a single office because of the lack of office space.
       The recruiter at ClickTime once told me that some job postings are completely fabricated just to give the illusion of growth to the public. It is not okay to waste people's time who are looking for a legitimate job because you want to make it seem like the company is growing very rapidly. There was a two month probationary period before you get any sort of benefits and an even longer wait before you can start a 401k.

Advice to Management

Treat your business like a business. You need to spend some money to make money. Stop making one person wear multiple hats because you don't want to hire for separate roles. Put more trust in the employees to make decisions and do not micro-manage. Stop playing favorites with employees.

ClickTime, Inc. Response

Dec 16, 2016 – Recruitment

Thanks for your feedback about your ClickTime experience. We’re a small, bootstrapped company and we freely admit that this environment doesn't suit everyone. Without the depth of resources of a ... More

3. "Software Developer"

I have been working at ClickTime, Inc. (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a very innovative company. We have lots to learn from them. Good working environment.

Cons

It's a good place to start your work. Though you will have a lot to learn.

"Small company, BIG impact!"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great company to work for during an exciting time for sales! The product is solid and has been a leader in the market for 15+ years. Despite lots of competition that has popped up over the past few years, ClickTime has survived and surpassed expectations of them all. We're a bootstrapped company and live and breath just by profit and positivity. Think about that for a minute--our product pays for the staff, the roof, our expansion and itself. We're not venture backed because we don't have to be. That says a lot.

The culture is FANTASTIC. There are no "start-up perks" but that is because this is an adult professional office with long-term employees that are happy and healthy in their careers. We don't need those perks to feel satisfied. Everyone works together and your contributions don't go unnoticed. We also have monthly activities that are a blast to participate in (sailing, bowling, A's games, etc), and the office is in an idyllic location 2 blocks up from Montgomery BART and in the heart of SoMA!

I've worked in a few start-up tech companies in my career and this is by far the best environment I've worked in. I actually imagine myself being here for decades. That is unheard of with most small tech companies these days (I've been told the average sales rep sticks around for 2 years at most other places, yikes!). Most of the employees here are going on 5+ years, with our leading sales rep being here upwards of 10 years. I look forward to putting in my time here and growing with the company as well.

The facts don't lie. This is not a "just a job," this is a career. ClickTime knows how to keep employees and customers happy and satisfied for the long haul. If you get a chance to work here, take it! Best career decisions I've made.

Cons

Still improving a lot of process in sales. This is a Pro if that is a fun challenge for you (it is for me), but if you just want to come into a well oiled machine, that is not ClickTime Sales just yet.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on! No suggestions on my end. Except...maybe get more office space? We're running out :)

"Interview for Junior Account Manager Role"

Current Employee - Junior Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Junior Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClickTime, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1) Great culture full highly talented and motivated individuals.
    2) Members of each department are easily accessible and willing to assist at any time.
    3) Great product with a well-established clientele.

Cons

Great experience thus far, so there is nothing at the present moment that I dislike about the company or would like changed.

7. "Friendly staff, all-around good time."

Pros

-Interaction with students is pleasant. A great opportunity for high school and college students looking to gain experience in the education field.

Cons

-Relatively disorganized; often found myself performing the responsibilities of another individual even when it wasn't necessary. Sudden schedule changes.

-Pay is given irregularly.

8. "Challenging but a bit stifling"

Pros

You get a lot of say over the product and, since it's such a small company, you have a lot of impact on the company as a whole. The office is in a great location and the employees are generally kind.

Cons

The culture is a little cliquey and if you are new, people do not make any effort to get to know you. This really threw me off at the beginning but after some time I got to know the employees better.

9. "Challenging and enjoyable environment"

I have been working at ClickTime, Inc. full-time

Pros

Working at ClickTime enables you to learn about all aspects of running a startup and successful business. There are opportunities to prove yourself and move between departments and careers. I love the high level of activity and openness to new ideas coming from anyone in any department. The company provides great personable customer service and that attitude is pervasive throughout the company.

Cons

The rapid development and active open collaborative environment is great unless you're someone who just wants to come to work, put your head down and do your thing.

10. "Fantastic Place to Work"

I have been working at ClickTime, Inc. (More than a year)

Pros

- Clear, strategic leadership. ClickTime's CEO gets the whole picture; he's a great problem-solver and is always thinking three steps ahead.
    - Attitude. There's definitely a sense of 'work smarter,' so you rarely feel like you're wasting your time.
    - People. The people here are great - very smart, very interesting, and very supportive. There's a lot of trust in one another to get the job done, and get it done well.
    - Focused, necessary product. What ClickTime offers isn't flashy, but it's important, and there's value in that.

Cons

- The product itself isn't particularly flashy, and some people could find that aspect boring.

11. "Great place to work"

Pros

There are a lot of great people who work here, with a really fun sense of culture and community. Also a healthy sense of work-life balance, which is incredibly important to me.

Cons

Because the company and the product have been around for a while, you do have to work within an established framework, instead of starting from scratch. However, that also means there are opportunities to update and improve many things.