Clinkle Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2020

3.3
Clinkle CEO 	Lucas Duplan (no image)
Lucas Duplan
  1. "Great place to work with many smart and talented people"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Clinkle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working here has been great. After almost 2 years with Clinkle, I can say that most of the work has been challenging and fun. Working with very talented people around you always allows you to come in to work and actually learn something. There is great flexibility in what you work on, and can move around the company's roles as needed or as you desire. Obviously with some lead time and talking with the managers but usually its not a problem.

Cons

Not much, its been great working here. The lay offs sucked, but that is not really different from any other company.

2. "Eng was great"

2.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Clinkle full-time

Pros

Eng team were very dedicated and talented

Cons

CEO was less than desirable

3. "Sucked"

1.0
    Designer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Clinkle for less than a year

Pros

As you already know, nothing good to say about this company

Cons

Poor management. Lack of transparency

"Interesting Learning Experience - First Real Job Out of College"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Clinkle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with some really amazing individuals who had good ideas. The excitement of helping to contribute to a company from the ground up.

Cons

The Management team didn't know what they were doing. There were very few details as to how specifically the company was doing or how we as a team could contribute to making the business be successful. Most of the "leaders" were constantly infighting and would cause confusion amongst their teams.

"Fun while it lasted"

Former Employee - Test Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Clinkle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

By far it was the team. Never have I worked with a more talented and friendly core team. Yes some people came and left, but the people who stuck through it were great people and I'm better for knowing them. Plus they had catered lunch I suppose.

Cons

Once all of those great people left, the company itself was a shallow shell of its former dream. I don't have much hope of it succeeding after this. But they still have money and at least one person who won't give up... I'd still take my chances elsewhere though.

Continue reading
  6. "Smart people, awesome product, lots of opportunity."

5.0

I have been working at Clinkle full-time

Pros

We have an amazing team filled with extremely smart, passionate people. It has also become a very transparent environment with a really healthy culture and good work/life balance. Everyone works really hard but also gets rewarded for all their hard work and there is a ton of opportunity to learn and grow.

Cons

It is challenging being under such a microscope due to our large round of seed funding and some mistakes that were made early on. Negative press is never fun. That being said, mistakes were made early on and owned up to and we have matured and grown as a company and I'm excited for our product to speak for itself very soon.

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Clinkle full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The ability to make a significant contribution to the product. - The freedom to choose the areas of the product you'd like to work on. - Friendly and open culture. - Lots of talented people to work with. - Great work-like balance. - Fast-paced development process.

Cons

- Not much to say here, I've enjoyed my time at the company and I'm optimistic about it's future.

8. "Huge opportunities for growth"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Clinkle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Within my first hour of my first visit coming onsite at Clinkle, I was a firm believer in the product as well as the quality of the team. I am incredibly optimistic about the outlook of this company. Working here, I have had the ability to be very hands on and to help build out the infrastructure and business logic that will be the basis of our system. The team leaders (including recently hired VP Engineering!!) are awesome and allow for a lot of room to be creative and hands on with different projects. Some perks: free lunch & dinner, membership to SF Bay Club (across the street), flexible work hours, awesome location

Cons

in order to recruit (especially for engineers which we really need!) we have to deal with the negative press that is out there. However, as I said before, if we can get someone onsite, they tend to be very interested.

Continue reading
  9. "One of the most valuable experiences of my life so far"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Clinkle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I am challenged every day at Clinkle to do my very best. I'm given the autonomy to pursue the work I deem is most important, and I get to do it alongside an incredible team that includes some of the smartest, friendliest, and most multifaceted people I've ever met. Under this intense pressure, I've grown in a hundred different ways and accumulated meaningful experience at a rate far faster than I could've imagined. Not to mention the sweet, beautiful product that we've painstakingly built! If you're hungry to learn and ready to be pushed outside your comfort zone, Clinkle is where you should be.

Cons

The company is always evolving and changing. As with every startup, there is instability and changes of direction, and I've seen a lot of this firsthand. It sucks, but again that's just the startup life. If you're considering joining, make sure Clinkle and you are on the same page about what you're looking for and what you expect Clinkle to be. Good communication reduces the risk of expectation mismatch, which sucks for everyone.

10. "Good opportunities, room to grow and learn, a lot of autonomy and good benefits for an old startup."

5.0
    Current Employee - Software/Database Administrator Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Clinkle full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Leaders show a lot of focus on the goals of the company. - Open environment and good chance of growing and learning about latest technology - Compensation and benefits are good. - Work-life balance is respected. - Hiring new people who are experienced is one of the goal of the company.

Cons

- Accountability across the organization is still in infancy stage but working on it. - I haven't felt the real culture of the company yet but I think the new leaders below the Chief's are making a good effort in creating one. - a little bit farther from the Bart :(

Found 24 reviews