Codefresh Reviews

57 Comments

Tech

211.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Codefresh~2889021
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

The Best Place I've Worked

Jan 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible culture, amazing people, and innovative product. Company dynamic is strong and lots of room for professional growth.

Cons

None that I can think of.

2. 5.0

A Start-up Dream Come True

Nov 30, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not only does Codefresh have a cutting edge product that makes it a leader in the industry and forefront of the DevOps/GitOps space -but embodies the desired traits of a progressive, modern day company & more. This includes: -Employees that are: Hardworking, self-starters, driven, open minded, fun, and incredibly talented -Collaborative & supportive teams with strong leadership Great culture: There are weekly happy hours with fun events; they fly you to the office to meet your team in person; team retreats; frequent gifts/swag mailed to you; gift cards for lunch-ins. They really value their employees & invest in us and our well-being. Some start-ups use the above perks to 'bribe' their employees while sacrificing other important aspects; but Codefresh genuinely cares about its employees and takes the time & effort to show it. Work/Life balance: Unlimited PTO that is supported & encouraged by management. I've never felt guilty for taking time -which is a huge aspect when it comes to the unlimited piece. Everyone is very supportive of taking time-off when it comes to family, traveling, mental health & well-being. Competitive Compensation & Great benefits: Compensation is actually above the avg range for positions. I think this is reflected in the great talent they bring in. They just recently revamped their benefits package as well; great insurance and includes wellness packages for mental health. -Flexible working hours -Option to work fully remote People Ops does a wonderful job of putting its employees first and it shows. I've been pleasantly surprised that it's possible to feel valued, excited, proud and love the company you work for.

Cons

There aren't any obvious cons I've come across yet besides mild start-up pains; mostly related to lack of internal processes to streamline workflows between different departments but this is being actively worked on.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A place where ideas are encouraged

Oct 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a lot to love about Codefresh, but here are the things that top my list: *Ideas are not only welcome here, but we actually bring them to life! Leadership really listens and wants to improve and make things happen, which is refreshing. *We have a very cool, user-friendly product with a great reputation in the market. Our customers consistently expand and renew with us. *I genuinely like and enjoy my coworkers. Relationships are not always perfect and there are challenges with communicating across timezones, but there are truly good people here who care about each other and want to collaborate. *Manager feedback and communication is really strong here. Along with my peers, I feel that I can go to my manager and be heard and find a resolution. I also receive consistent, direct feedback and know where I need to improve. *I think we do well with diversity and welcoming different opinions, but we can always do better. *There is SO MUCH opportunity for growth here - this is the place to be if you want to learn fast and work towards the next step in your career. * I can manage my own schedule and work hours. Codefresh measures your work and not your hours spent online, so I feel that I can take care of things during the day if I need to. *The interview process was transparent and respectful of my time, which is rare! *Amazing benefits and events led by the People Team. We have monthly All Hands to keep us up to date and weekly virtual happy hours. We also get fun surprises in the mail sometimes :)

Cons

*We're still growing and there's a lot to build. For some, that's really exciting to be a part of, but it's definitely not for everyone. It means doing things outside your job description, being fearless about finding answers, and building processes and programs that don't exist yet. *Collaboration between Engineering and US teams can be challenging with the time zone difference. *Hiring can be slow sometimes, but part of that is due to the market and how much we value hiring good people. I wish we were more open to hiring people that don't necessarily fit the "ideal" profile and instead assess potential so that we could hire faster.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great team

May 19, 2021 - Senior Sales Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people to work with

Cons

Market potential is to small IMO

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company, awesome team

Apr 27, 2021 - Dev Support Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Codefresh is an awesome place to work if you're comfortable working within a small team in a fast paced environment. The company pays very well and benefits are on par with many larger companies I've worked at (in some cases even better). They are very thoughtful about how they treat people, and the group events they plan are something I look forward to every time. During my six months here, we've done a virtual cooking class, wine tasting, origami lessons, and a whole lot more that I'm sure I'm forgetting. They also send out gift boxes periodically with company swag and treats. Remote companies often overlook this kind of stuff but Codefresh is really, really good at making people feel included and valued. The product is truly cutting edge, which can be a good thing and a bad thing. To focus on the good, I feel Codefresh genuinely is at the forefront of CI/CD technology and the engineers are brilliant. They are thoughtful about prioritizing new features, very quick to fix bugs, and they have a sincere interest in customer feedback, even when it's hard. This is clearly reflected in the business, and the amount of growth I saw during my time here was impressive. Leadership is excellent. I've had great conversations with folks from my direct manager all the way up to C-level and everyone is very easy to talk to and receptive to feedback. I always felt like my concerns were heard, and I think leadership has a really high level of awareness when it comes to things that need to change. My direct manager was really awesome about making sure that I was taking enough time off, checking the pulse of the team, and I really appreciated her ability to give honest feedback. I felt that leadership at every level really cares about the employees, not just as workers, but as people. On that note, the entire team is just a really good group of people to be around. Everyone is extremely willing to help and listen, and the group happy hours were always a lot of fun.

Cons

The main downside to working at Codefresh is the rapid pace, but I think this is very subjective. At times it is hard to know where to go for answers, and this is compounded by having teams on different sides of the world and on different schedules. To be clear, managers will absolutely get you the resources you need if you ask, but it can be hard to solve critical customer issues when almost the entire engineering department is offline for the night. Another con is the small team size, in some ways. On one hand, it's cool to work closely with a small group of people that you've grown to know. But as the company grows, the workload can be overwhelming at times. To expand on my comment about the product earlier - there are a lot of bugs. The developers do a great job fixing and responding to these, but instability can make it very hard to troubleshoot and assist customers. It's an extremely complex product, so learning that part of the business is a huge challenge. The cons to working at Codefresh don't apply to everyone equally of course. For me personally, this was not the type of environment where I could do my best work, but there are plenty of others who can thrive in these situations. If you are comfortable working in a small team on a rapidly evolving product, feel free to take these comments with a grain of salt - it's hard work, but I do think that Codefresh does everything they can to mitigate the difficulties and continuously improve their processes.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Mostly fake reviews on here. Company “encourages” every employee to write a review

Sep 22, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Startup culture can be fun and exciting. Not a bad product. Some of the staff is really great to work with. Pay is decent

Cons

Horrible marketing which causes revenue to suffer. Not a lot of cohesion throughout the company. One hand doesn’t seem to know what the other is doing. High turnover Unrealistic expectations of staff at times due to wanting to keep investors happy which feeds into the high turnover. Leadership doesn’t seem to have a clear path or plan for company other than go public. What tech company doesn’t have that goal?

7 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Codefresh is on to something big!

Jul 10, 2020 - Sales Director in Mountain View, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Super smart people to work alongside -All employees really care about the company -Leadership put employees 1st -Work/life balance actually exists here

Cons

None that I have encountered.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company for a good platform

Apr 22, 2020 - Support Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have not worked in Сodefresh for so long, but I can already say that really good people work in the company, the internal ecosystem is built correctly, for me this is the main thing in teamwork. Yes, we are at the stage of active development, but it seems to me that this can be attributed to the pros because each proposed solution can play a role and influence in general.

Cons

it’s difficult to note the cons, perhaps the distributed teams at this stage are not as effective as they could be, but I think it’s a matter of time

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fun, supportive and challenging work environment!

Apr 13, 2020 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

I currently work in one of your US offices, many of our staff are remote. I really enjoy the fun and creative work environment the office has to offer. I love how I am constantly challenged and how every day brings something different to the table. The company also values teamwork, no matter what your problem, someone will lend a hand.

Cons

The staff is worldwide, so you do not know everyone one on one.

10. 5.0

Great place to work!

Apr 9, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work and awesome, welcoming people. Very innovative company. Great work/life balance, WFH, flexible hours. Definitely learning a lot, and I've only been here a few months.

Cons

Not many that I've run into so far. Some of the team is overseas, so collaborating can be a challenge but you just need to adjust your hours, which they are very flexible with.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 34 Reviews

Codefresh Reviews FAQs

Codefresh has an overall rating of 5.0 out of 5, based on over 35 reviews left anonymously by employees. 99% of employees would recommend working at Codefresh to a friend and 99% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Codefresh employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Codefresh. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

99% of Codefresh employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Codefresh 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Codefresh to be management, benefits, culture and the cons to be senior leadership .

Popular Careers with Codefresh Job Seekers