Color Me Mine Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
James A. Warner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Creative Work Environment"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Naperville, IL

I worked at Color Me Mine part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great owners and coworker. Artistic freedom.

Cons

The pay could be a bit more

2. "Bad Management"

Former Employee - Studio Assistant in Sterling, VA
    Former Employee - Studio Assistant in Sterling, VA

I worked at Color Me Mine part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I got to paint a lot of samples and the work scehdule was flexible with my other priorities.

Cons

Pay was inconsistent and I never knew when the paycheck was coming. Never had enough experienced workers to glaze and load the kiln.

Advice to Management

Hire a more permanent manager who is willing to train new employees, order inventory, and make sure payroll is done on time.

3. "The good outweighs the bad"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Color Me Mine part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun and 'colorful' environment, very kid-oriented, high-energy customers and very easy to get along with.

Cons

Very young and immature coworkers, lots of drama, management does not care much about your personal life unless you can dedicate your entire life to CMM.

Advice to Management

Hire more mature management.

"Great job and fun place to work."

Current Employee - Studio Associate in Gaithersburg, MD
    Current Employee - Studio Associate in Gaithersburg, MD

I have been working at Color Me Mine part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cash tips are awesome and being one of the associates who make signature plates means I get to paint for my whole shift. It's a really relaxed place to work if you work during the week because not a lot of people come in and bother you.

Cons

Pay is sporadic. You never know when your paycheck is coming in. Previous associate worked two months before she got paid.

5. "Associate"

I worked at Color Me Mine part-time

Pros

Great environment with lots of fun

Cons

Can become busy with little staff

Advice to Management

NA

"Most Upsetting Job I Have Ever Worked (and that's saying something.)"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Mission Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Mission Viejo, CA

I worked at Color Me Mine part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really love children and I love ceramics. The actual work I was doing at this job was really enjoyable for me and I was good at hosting tables and determining the needs of the customers. I have had multiple people tell me "I have never tipped here until now/this is the best service I have ever had at this business" when I was their server.

Cons

I worked here for several months and I met the owners/managers of the specific location literally 2 times. I received NO formal training and was thrown into the job, even though I expressed my concern to the managers multiple times, to which they replied (via text) "Just call if you need something", which in my opinion, is unprofessional. The fact that we were so under-staffed and there is never anyone to manage shifts present in the shop means that I never got to take a lunch break or even an actual 10, which is illegal. It also created a really toxic hierarchy between my coworkers, the girls who had worked there longer than others were very bossy and hostile even though we were all the same position. Overall just really didn't feel any kind of companionship or teamwork between anyone that I worked with, felt like I got thrown in there without any help and when I asked for help people were just very mean to me. There were multiple instances where I was scolded by another employee in front of a customer for making very small mistakes in the way I phrased or explained things. I also found that my tips (that we all carefully logged in a binder) would never match what was actually on my paycheck, so I would not be surprised if the mangers pocketed credit card tips off of my paycheck as well. I don't like to dwell on negative things and feel weird spending the time to type this out, I even felt bad somehow being upset working there like it was my fault. I had a family emergency that resulted in me needing to take time off to see someone who was dying and I explained this to my boss and he literally called me at 8pm and fired me.

Advice to Management

Please stop dehumanizing your employees. We are not robots who are built to serve, we are human beings. Most people preform better when they are acknowledged and nurtured in a career setting. The location I worked at has extremely bad reviews on Google and Yelp and I completely understand why. It was honestly embarrassing to work here. I tried so hard for so long to stick it out because I had enjoyable meaningful interaction with the customers but it's really not worth it.

7. "Very rewarding, customer service based job."

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I worked at Color Me Mine (More than a year)

Pros

Very fun work environment, very flexible. Never a dull moment and when there is one it's a welcome break. I was lucky enough to work with only great people.

Cons

Pay won't sustain a livable wage even at manager level but that is just the reality of the financial turn around. Great first job for anyone who has an art degree and is still in school. Heart breaking to have to leave but a job you will always love!

"Great"

Former Employee - Daytime Clerk in Rockville, IN
    Former Employee - Daytime Clerk in Rockville, IN

I worked at Color Me Mine part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun job

Lots of flexiblity

Really got to know management and learn from them

WOrk environment was nice and customers were easy to deal with

Cons

Not very many hours

Communication could be improved

No standard prices across all stores

A little disorganized and sometimes understaffed

No Salary raise

Advice to Management

In order to keep employees let them know that they are valuable team members. At times it felt as if i was just a place holder and could be replaced at any time

"Would Not Recommend."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Rockville, MD

Pros

Good tips, generous employee discount, creative environment, regular customers

Cons

Bad manager/owner, staff consists of only teenagers, lots of drama, illegal activity

Advice to Management

Let corporate take back over and run the store appropriately - there are so many customer and staff complaints.

"Good"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Color Me Mine part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible schedule for students. Good management which is supportive. Friendly employees. A fun and creative place to work. No complaints.

Cons

Nothing that I Can Think of. Good part time work. Lots of events which may not be preferred by some employees but that's on you.