Community Coffee Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Matt Saurage

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Poor management...Main office needs investigate this office"

Former Employee - Pre-Sell Representative in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Pre-Sell Representative in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Community Coffee full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay, company car, loved my job and serving all my customer & getting new business

Cons

Poor local management that are only out for themselves. They will lie about your performance even when you make salesman of the month several times and even route of the year.

Advice to Management

The main office in Baton Rouge needs to seriously evaluate the New Orleans office management. Management has let some great employees go due to lying about their performance. Even letting someone go due to performance the month they make salesman of the month and has been route of the year. Someone needs to evaluate the sales numbers of each employee even the long term ones that were recently let go.

2. "HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK"

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Port Allen, LA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Port Allen, LA

I have been working at Community Coffee full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most employees are cool people. Other than this, maybe free coffee one a month?

Cons

This is a huge slave sweat shop and a lot of management is clueless. they will work you into the ground. Easily the most stressful job I have EVER had. I worked in the oil field for 12 years and this made oil field work look easy. If you're looking for a B'S high stress no life job, this is for you.

Advice to Management

Learn the equipment and actually know what you're talking about. Listen to your employees. Why do you think most people want to quit working in this slave factory of a plant.

3. "Management"

I worked at Community Coffee full-time

Pros

Excellent product and loyal employees.

Cons

Constant change to justify the lack of capacity within the senior management team. Overall lack of long term strategic vision. Business objectives change frequently and management by fear is acceptable. This has lead to infighting within the organization and unhealthy work environment where employees are not motivated.

"sick place"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Community Coffee full-time

Pros

None really, some of the drivers and other hourly employees were cool, that's about it though. Leaving was best thing to happen to me in a long time.

Cons

Management was horrible. I was told I was hired to do my specific job and not to be seeking promotion opportunities after my boss found out I applied for a drivers position. He was very angry I was trying to better myself.

Advice to Management

Burn it down and start over lol. I don't know....all the head people there had been there for years so good luck changing that.

"Great Brand. Great Product."

Former Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Community Coffee full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Their is a great sense of Community and Family there and their values are strong. The benefits are also good, and I can imagine it's only better now that they reformatted their values and mission statement, along with work life balance issues.

Cons

Certain teams/departments are not collaborative. They tend to overwork you, without seeing reward. The pay is not amazing by any means, which makes it harder to do your job if you don't have the passion for it. There also was a lot of finger pointing without help from team members.

Advice to Management

I would have loved to see more rewards for employees. When I was there, we had little to no recognition, and were just expected to do more. Also, the ladder for professional advancement was little to non-existent. This was the biggest reason for me leaving.

"Be Wary"

Pros

decent store manager, flexible hours, was able to reach small promotion within months, ability to create relationships with guests

Cons

when CC's split from Community, company culture turned somewhat aggressive - management would claim to seek feedback on major changes, but any concerns were met with warnings about not "spreading negativity"- a culture of fear and suspicion developed; upper management was unwilling to keep any store properly staffed to deal with rushes and implement drastic changes in service

Advice to Management

make a greater effort to treat diverse employees fairly; create a culture of trust in which employees can provide feedback without being punished; at least 1-2 more employees per store is ideal

"Route sales"

Former Employee - Route Sales Representative in Shreveport, LA
    Former Employee - Route Sales Representative in Shreveport, LA

Pros

Good benefits; average to above average pay.

Cons

Management is out of touch with the hands on sales force. Their focus is on increased sales (understandably so) yet the list of responsibilities for route salesmen is incredible. Typically my manager made mountains out of mole hills over non-sales criteria, so much so that morale was very low among us.

Advice to Management

Baton Rouge has strapped the route sales force down. Loosen up guys!

8. "Great company for the younger crowd"

Pros

Great benefits, good pay, good people.

Cons

Hard to advance once hired into a position, lower management doesn't always look out for the best interest of the employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to your subordinates and pay attention to detail when it comes to work and integrity.

"Loved it"

Pros

I loved working for this company. They truly cared for their employees and the quality of their products.

Cons

One manager in particular cared more about sales and put quality and her employees on the back-burner.

Advice to Management

Ask employees to review their managers quarterly.

"Company Overview"

I worked at Community Coffee (More than 3 years)

Pros

Quality products. Compensated fairly. Benefits.

Cons

To much oversight. Don't believe in individuals or independence