Complete Nutrition Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • A lot of fun if you are passionate about what you do and enjoy interacting with customers (in 4 reviews)

• Worked around my passion of health and fitness (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There were no cons at the time of my employment (in 5 reviews)

• Lots of down time, training needs to be better, not very well paid for the amount of hours put in (in 3 reviews)

1. "Nutrition Consultant"

Current Employee - Sales Representative/Nutrition Consultant in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Sales Representative/Nutrition Consultant in Eugene, OR

I have been working at Complete Nutrition part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great initial sales training that will get you started on your sales career.

Cons

Management does not care about part time employees

Advice to Management

Build value in part time employees

2. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Edina, MN
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Edina, MN

I worked at Complete Nutrition part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent place to work great support and team highly knowledgeable in the supplement industry customers are great awesome diet kits

Cons

No cons great support team very knowledgeable owners are fantastic and supportive and pay well commissions are awesome you can make good money

3. "FUN"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Good, Fun, Learning environment. Good management

Cons

There were no cons at the time of my employment

4. "Great Employees & Products"

Current Employee - Ambassador in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Ambassador in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Complete Nutrition part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The guys in the store are passionate about helping others reach their fitness goals and they are very knowledgeable. Justin Lackey (Store Manager) runs his store very well and ensures everyone is treated very well when they step in the store.

Cons

There are no Cons thus far

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

5. "Digital Media Marketing and Design Manager"

Current Employee - Digital Media Marketing and Design Manager in Corvallis, OR
    Current Employee - Digital Media Marketing and Design Manager in Corvallis, OR

I have been working at Complete Nutrition full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Freedom of work and ability to openly interact with the customers
    Easy to communicate with all upper-level management

Cons

High, usually unobtainable expectations that tied directly to pay
    Miscommunication and lack of communication prevalent throughout employment
    Long work hours and personal time required by superiors with no compensation
    lack of a desire by the company to uphold basic employee rights
    High turn around rate with no job assurance

Advice to Management

Follow all laws pertaining to state specific states

6. "Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Complete Nutrition full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people, work is easy

Cons

pay is terrible, you get 10 an hour to go out in the community most days and try to pull people's hair to come in, most raises are by $1 an hr and managers are only making $13 an hour to handle a bunch of back office stuff that you catch slack from upper management for. Manager minimum should be around $15-$16 an hr with higher commission rates, 1-3 percent commission is nothing in the sales world.

Advice to Management

PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES WHAT THEY ARE WORTH

7. "consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

I worked at Complete Nutrition full-time

Pros

the only reason to work for the 10k family is for a discount or if you want to gain training clients and you want to work only 20 hours a week so you have a life

Cons

Currently you are told if you cant post Instagram or facebook daily they will need to find another manager ???? If we don't sell a Top Health coach meal plan every week we will find another person to do the job-that was the previous month- If we don't have a higher average ticket - but we will lower the prices or send out$20 coupons to people that follow you on Instagram - or continually change the prices of the kits or programs weekly so our customers are never paying the same price when they come in the door! If they would not use their three people they have in the store to be the main form of advertising because we have to invite our friends and family to events in order to have success in our stores through Facebook and Instagram???? the company literally doesn't know its head from its butt right now They have 3 guys that sit in an office and text and email people to see if they are aware of how crappy their stores are doing. You cant pay peanuts and expect us to be excited to work for you cause next week or month everything we just spent time training on will be changed and we have to teach and learn all over again HOW FUN

Advice to Management

go back to the way it was before stop asking for the high margin and stop screwing our customers and associates every time you change something you make us look like idiots when stuff is different the next time we see the customer and told them a price and it goes up or down because you needed to make a few extra dollars that month!!!! find some constancy nobody likes you changing prices every week or specials or discounts or rewards or anything! and if your gonna do that then get a lot more product in the store cause people think your going out of business! Oh stop changing peoples pay and hours you will not only loose employees but they will never want to shop there because the experience was horrible look at the traffic decline

"Do not recommend working here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Learned quite a bit about sales

Cons

The hours, management and pushing product was not my favorite

Advice to Management

Appreciate and train your staff proper. Please stick to your word.

"Chaotic Mess"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Complete Nutrition full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Product employee discounts make them cost as much as you would pay on bodybuilding.com

Cons

Pay - they try to make it seem like they are paying you so much and that you should be grateful. In reality they pay slave wages for the amount of work and effort they expect. Managers are scheduled 50 hours a week, and consultants make $8/h. It's barely worth the drive to the store.

Nepotism - Family ties run deep in this company. Regardless of actual competence, all you have to do is be related to the CEO to make more than 50k/year.

Poor Execution of Constantly Changing Structure - You can't work two weeks in a row with consistentcy. Every day is a new focus, a new reason to get yelled at and ridiculous expectations and high pressure sales. Harping on getting "pitches" right by a "manager" who prides himself in breaking down as many people as he can to solidify his superiority.

Advice to Management

What sense does is make to put an individual in charge of a region that bankrupted his own franchise with his methods?

Pay your people a wage that you could expect of the demands you give.

"Worked for one week"

Former Employee - Manager In Training in Liberty, MO
    Former Employee - Manager In Training in Liberty, MO

I worked at Complete Nutrition full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Deep, deep, deep, DEEP discounts on right-at-average quality supplements. I have no more pros about the 10,000% brand of Complete Nutrition.

Cons

• Micromanaged to the fullest extent.
    • Corporate "Training" team doesn't know how to proofread their video modules, this totally discredits your "professionalism."
    • Anyone above the retail front is offended by new ideas
    • Horrendous pay. I quit after the first week because they decided they did not want to pay me what we had agreed to. They wanted to pay me several dollars per hour less than we agreed to and forced all employees, except store managers, to go part-time (pretty sure this is against the law).
    • District leadership refuses to approve much needed maintenance to the retail stores because this is not "high profit."
    • There is no salesmanship in this company. On the 3-4 mandatory "sales" conference calls that I had to sit in on, during the ONE WEEK I was there, all I ever heard was "let's hear your 'pitch'" for certain products.
    • The training program is ineffective.
    • Turnover is HIGH VELOCITY because this company refuses to treat or pay employees well.
    • Too many "deals."

Advice to Management

Sales is not about "pitching." If all you care about is a "pitch," this illustrates a lack of sincerity between you and your guest. It is evident that this company does not know how to dig itself out of the hole it has put itself in. There are 3 key factors to sales; you are tremendously failing to deliver in each of these.

1. Service. Service is senior to sales. When you want to sell something, you have to genuinely care about your customer and believe that you are doing a disservice to them by not recommending the best product for their needs. Serve them. Don't pitch to them.

2. Professionalism. The way we talk to our customers matters as well. They should be doing most of the talking because you have asked effective questions. Listing ingredients and features of every powder is pointless.
    - Store Aesthetics also play a HUGE role in this sense of professionalism. If drywall is falling, paint is chipping, and lights are burnt out... fix it. This will drive revenue and WILL assist in delivering high products.

3. Product knowledge. Don't be confused, it's not about being able to list ingredients. All customers want to know is how will this BENEFIT me. This is totally different from "what does it do." Having a deep understanding of how to impact someone's life is crucial. PITCHES DON'T MEAN DIDDLY SQUAT.

Treat your employees well and they will stay. Pay them a living wage. Even your store managers don't make enough to survive. Stop lying to them.

Also, nepotism is never okay. For example, hypothetically, if your brother-in-law doesn't understand sales, loves to "call people out," and is a junk leader, maybe he should not be the sales leader of a whole region.

Stop running deals all the time. Deals will never make you money. Your customers are willing to pay full price because they are getting club cash. You're giving away money. Stop it. Stop it right now.

High turnover destroys customer loyalty by 10,000%