Complus Data Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

"No room for growth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

I worked at Complus Data full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Convenient location if you live in Westchester County

Cons

-Hours 8:30-5 but expect people to talk negatively about you if you leave at 5
    -Hypocrites, Managers and above are late constantly but expect to be yelled at, like a child, if you are late
    -Old technology, constant problems
    -No room for growth, management will remain in their positions regardless at how poor they are at their job
    -Very small, incremental raises and minuscule bonuses
    -Never any words of encouragement or positive feedback from managers
    -Some managers talk down to employees

Advice to Management

Take some courses in being better managers. Management is as much about overseeing employees as it is about teaching employees how to be come better at their job.

"Invited to interview to be criticized"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Tarrytown, NY
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Tarrytown, NY

I worked at Complus Data full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No reasons to work there

Cons

I was called for an interview as a software developer. When I entered their office, was nobody to receive me. After waking up and down on their hallways, after about 3 minutes somebody showed up asked me If I am looking for someone. I said, yes, I was supposed to have an interview. The guy was surprised :) . Have to admit, myself too. Anyways, finally two individual showed up. A man and a woman. In their hands they had two copies of an old resume of mine. It was no technical, but dumb questions. After that, they suggested me to take off the resume from the website because on it was mentioned the fact that I was not interested in working overtime hours. I tried to explain that was something in the past and that was not my current resume and even so I am not willing to work endless amounts of unpaid overtime as I told them that happened to me before (bad experience) The guy still suggested me to take it off. I told him "I don't want to." And they left without nobody showing me the way out. :)))) How about that ?!?

Advice to Management

Willing to work overtime or not (many or few hours) is not something that you should suggest at a job interview. That's why the interviews have been invented: to see if there is a match or not.

3. "since Venture Capital bought in, really, really, bad"

I worked at Complus Data full-time

Pros

Some good people (old guard) and good to customers

Cons

since new management team hired by VC/new ownership came in, no respect for employees, no knowledge of industry.

Advice to Management

new management from VC firm is going to pump and dump. I'm guessing they will inflate numbers and plan to exit in a year. Pity a Company with a good reputation and good employees have to suffer to endure or rebuild after emergency surgery by hack new management team.

"Technology Company???"

I worked at Complus Data full-time

Pros

Benefits of working for a small company, your voice can be heard to a certain degree. Great reputation in the industry with excellent back-end services. Most of the people really care about the company and everyone works very hard.

Cons

Still using OLD software powered by Citrix, really? Office is old and needs to be re-done, it's almost embarrassing when bringing outside people in. Office hours are 8:30-5 but if you leave at 5 it's frowned upon, to the point where your review is in jeopardy. You have to wait (3) months for benefits and after that it's a bit pricey. Sales cycles are very very long and you're dealing with municipalities, very frustrating. No training whatsoever and no plan for development. They will continue to lose market share unless they have a cloud solution.

Advice to Management

Listen to your your people and re-invest back into the company.