Connex Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.6
David Martinelli

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Solid Company w/ great upward mobility!"

Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Connex Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Open communication with the leadership team. Dave Martinelli, CEO, encourages candid discussions. If the issue is a valid one, he will go out of his way to rectify it. This is a company which directly compensates you for the work you put in. The thorough training process helps set you up for success. This is not a company where you can skate and hide amongst your team - it will become apparent fairly quickly. Annual review tells you exactly how you measure up with the rest of the company. Great benefits!

Cons

None come to mind. As mentioned earlier, if you have a high work ethic, you'll fit in well.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring top people as the company grows.

2. "Great company with a great culture!"

I have been working at Connex Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Connex for over a year has been a wonderful experience! Connex really does value its employees and continually try to make it a better working environment. This being my first "real" job, Connex has done everything to help me grow personally and professionally, which says a lot about a company. Great support from employees and management.

Cons

Not really a "Con" but something to be cognizant of. You have to hit the ground running, so if you aren't used to that, it can be a challenging start.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, I have seen first hand how much you try to make the company a great workplace.

3. "Great Work-Life Balance"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate

I have been working at Connex Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management supports creative ideas and fosters professional growth. They value employee feedback and continually strive to make Connex Partners an excellent place to work. If you are willing to dig in and work hard, you will be rewarded.

Cons

Expectations are high but you will be given the tools and resources you need to meet them. You just have to be willing to put in the work.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employee feedback. Take into consideration what they value most in the workplace.

4. "Hardworking People That Actually Enjoy What They Do"

Current Employee - Director of Client Relations in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director of Client Relations in New York, NY

I have been working at Connex Partners full-time

Pros

I first became interested in Connex Partners when I found their information about a Client Relations position online. After submitting my application, I had a phone interview. This was followed by an in person meeting at the office and, finally, a virtual call with one of the partners. From the initial phone call, I could tell I was interested in the company, but it was really during the in person interview I had a better understanding of the culture and expectations. The interview process was an enjoyable experience in comparison to others because they really invested the time to get to know more about me and ensure I understood the in's and out's of their company. In sum, Connex Partners is a company filled with extremely hardworking people that actually enjoy what they do.

Cons

Management has high expectations for their employees so I would advise those looking into the company to be suited for a fast paced environment.

5. "Happily employed, can't ask for more"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Connex Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Always treated fairly, if you work hard, you are taken care of and left alone to do your job. Constant incentives to keep you motivated. Management always evaluating what can be done for a more pleasant work environment.

Cons

There are slightly cramped working quarters.

Advice to Management

Keep looking inward and through the employees eye's, it means a lot to be constantly evolving and incentivizing your workforce.

6. "Good place to work, unique solution, increasingly strong, talented culture"

I have been working at Connex Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fair evaluations -- Honest, productive feedback

Development -- Talented people are given opportunities to grow into larger roles

Responsive leadership -- concerns are heard and addressed directly, never impersonal

Innovative culture -- the company tries to remain dynamic and adjust its model to improve outcomes and sustain success

Cons

Growing company that is still building out its infrastructure, process and defining internal roles and responsibilities

Advice to Management

Keep improving

7. "Open Concept/Fun Company"

I have been working at Connex Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company has been growing so there have been opportunities to try a few different roles. Supports open concept of idea sharing and emphasizes a non-hierarchical environment. Sector Meetings allow opportunity to travel to new cities. Has really good Healthcare/ Benefits for a smaller organization. Some work from home flexibility.

Cons

Certainly growing pains. inconsistency with establishing some internal processes can be frustrating.

Advice to Management

Establish metrics and goals that allow for even more work from home flexibility and mobility.

8. "Challenging but always fair"

I have been working at Connex Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If I were to describe the company and its culture the word that comes to mind is fair. This is the one company that I have worked in where what you put in is what you get out. How much you get out of the company is really built upon your willingness to engage. Personal story, when I first started with the company I had an emergency come up and so I desparatelly needed to get my full check about a week early. I went to the partners explained my situation and they were willing to pay me in advance. Again at this time I had only be working there for no more than 2 months or so, yet they were still willing to hear me out and then understand. A lot of companies say they are there for their people but very few actually follow through.

Cons

The only con is this. Expectations that management have are extremely high which is not a bad thing, however when so much of your success is dependent of many factors that are outside of your control it can get a little frustrating. So this isnt really about management but more to do with the industry in general. Unless someone is mentally tough than this could be challenging.

9. "If you love Sales, then this is the place for you"

Current Employee - Team Lead in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Team Lead in New York, NY

I have been working at Connex Partners (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast Advancement, Generous Salary and bonuses; great culture...If we can drink with you, we can pitch alongside of you on the floor.

Cons

There's some dead weight...which is to say that MGT gives chances and gives you room to grow and figure out your style...but, in a growing company wherein you throw in your lots together...you want to see your firm grow. For team incentives and overall company health, breaking up is not hard to do.

Advice to Management

See cons.

10. "High expectations backed by investing in their employees through constant education."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Connex Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Connex provides the platform for your own success. If you invest the time and energy, you will reap the rewards. It's a challenging environment in that you constantly have to learn what's new in a given practice in within Connex and strive for excellence. Who doesn't want challenged in this manner? Who wants to do the same thing every day of their lives?

You grow as a person and professionally through working with this group of professionals. You have to be open to constant feedback and self-critiques and adapt accordingly. Each managing partner brings their own unique skill set and perspective to market. I can say that it's very rare that I don't learn something new in a given week.

It's a horizontal organization and everyone's door is open. They're open to criticism which is a rarity anymore.

Cons

Long hours are sometimes required, but who works 40 hours anymore in a job that is satisfying both personally and professionally. It's not a requirement, but if you're going to be top of the class, put in the time.

Advice to Management

Benefits could be better, but we're growing, and in the time I've been here there have already been improvements in the benefits package.