Construction Testing & Engineering Reviews | Glassdoor

Construction Testing & Engineering Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2019

Found 6 reviews

3.5
Construction Testing & Engineering CEO Rod Ballard  (no image)
Rod Ballard
  1. "Overall a very satisfying tenure."

Former Employee - Field Technician in San Diego, CA

I worked at Construction Testing & Engineering full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work environment is very relaxed. As long as your work gets done, no one breathes down your neck. Management team is excellent. I feel I was very fairly compensated.

Cons

The health insurance cost was a little higher than expected. There are some spans where work is scarce, but that is just as much the industry as the company.

Advice to Management

Things could be a little more streamlined and organized, but overall I have a highly favorable view of this company and it’s leadership. They’re a smaller outfit, and while it has its cons, it has its pros. Everyone knows each other by name, and it’s like a family.

Construction Testing & Engineering2019-07-16
  2. "Project Engineer"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Escondido, CA

I have been working at Construction Testing & Engineering full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Diverse work environments. Meaning, a great mixture of field and office work. Get your hands dirty and truly learn the ins and out of the geotechnical engineering trade. Amazing experience and great working environment. Get the work assigned to you done and there will be no mirco-managing. If you need help, everyone is willing to give a hand or spread some knowledge on a particular subject. Couldn't be... happier

Cons

Honestly, not a whole lot. There are lots of negative comments about salary, but you get paid for the work you do at the very least. In the field on inspection and testing, there are decent turnover rates. Inspectors and office staff will come in and not be able to hold up their end of the bargain, then quit and talk lowly of the company, but they are just upset they could keep afloat.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Also, the CEO is no longer Rod Ballard.

Construction Testing & Engineering2018-08-01
  3. "Geotechnical Intern at CTE South"

Current Intern - Geotechnical in Oxnard, CA

I have been working at Construction Testing & Engineering

Pros

Laid back supervisors, job security, potential pay increase as soon as I receive my bachelors to 18 dollars an hour

Cons

May not be getting paid what I should for the nature of the job. Other employees further along (2 years+) only making 15 dollars or so an hour.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more.

Construction Testing & Engineering2018-04-06
  4. "If you must."

Former Employee - Staff Geologist

I worked at Construction Testing & Engineering part-time

Pros

Flexible schedule. Easy to get your foot in the door and gain experience in this industry.

Cons

Poor organization, pathetically low wages, and strange policies had me running for other companies ASAP. They want legally unnecessary certifications that are costly to pay for, though they will reimburse you, you have to stay with them for like 2 years or they will deduct the cost from your paycheck. They have weird policies, and they are deceptive when it comes to opportunities for you to grow as an employee and... how much money you could make.

Advice to Management

Look at how other companies operate and get it together! Streamline everything.

Construction Testing & Engineering2017-04-23
  5. "Special inspector"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Riverside, CA

I worked at Construction Testing & Engineering

Pros

Work several projects in the 3 months involved with CTE

Cons

Low pay, not very organized, and hard to get a hold of supervisors when needed

Advice to Management

A person focus on the field work assigned.

Construction Testing & Engineering2016-12-28

"Inspector at Construction Testing & Engineering"

Construction Inspector in Escondido, CA

I have been working at Construction Testing & Engineering

Pros

The overall diverse quality of projects that the company is involved in including biotechnology, government including the military and high rise projects in downtown San Diego.

Cons

The inadequate distribution of work and projects to certain individuals. Useing unqualified and licensed individuals on certain projects. The compensation to the employeees is not adequate..

Advice to Management

Training must be the main focus of management in order to keep and retain the most qualified individuals. They must be rewarded financially.

Construction Testing & Engineering2009-03-28