Corvirtus Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Marta Erhard

1. "Great company to seize your opportunities both professionally and personally while being suppirted by excellent leaders"

I worked at Corvirtus full-time

Pros

Great environment to develop both professionally and personally with a supportive leadership team. A work family that not only supports you professionally but also through life's critical events. I faced adversity while obtaining various position, but not once did I feel my supervisors and the owners were not vested in my development. We work and collaborate as a team celebrating wins, facing challenges, and learning from difficulties. My experience was both challenging and rewarding. The owners have huge hearts and their kind gestures never went unnoticed.

Cons

This is a relatively flat organization, and being autonomous; strategically creative; and self responsible are keys to success. It might be a hard adjustment if you are not use to this type of environment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great momentum and support for success.

2. "Great learning environment"

Pros

Great people, great work in the hospitality industry, great environment to learn

Cons

Lack of accountability, failure to deal with poor performers

Advice to Management

Give people freedom to do what they are good at

3. "Great opportunity to focus on growth as a professional inside and outside of the company."

I have been working at Corvirtus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a newer teammate at Corvirtus, I was instantly welcomed in as part of the family. Leadership has a strong sense of where the company is going and how to get there and also encourages a powerful sense of drive within each employee, both inside and outside of the company. Every day is a new project and a re-invigorated drive to succeed.

Cons

Because the company is smaller and agile, budgets to push forward larger projects can be difficult. This inspires a lot of creativity and flexibility, however, because the Team here always finds a way.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. The clarity in your plan and consistently transparency helps start with the end in mind.

5. "Great entrepreneurial, opportunistic, start-up type environment."

I have been working at Corvirtus full-time

Pros

Small company with supportive and hard-working teammates. Fast-paced environment with many opportunities to learn and get involved in a variety of professional disciplines. Leadership, and in particular Marta Erhard and Tom DeCotiis, display intense caring and respect for the team and company, and truly believe that the teammate/employee experience is the key to unlocking success. Teammate input is encouraged and welcomed, and leadership takes all feedback seriously and to heart. Much more transparency than you'll find at many companies, some of it attributable to the small size of the company, but much more of it a result of the inclusive culture. This doesn't mean that there aren't times when there may be disagreement about decisions or the direction of the company, but the opportunity to openly discuss perspectives, even if different, is far beyond what I've experienced in other companies. Teammates have the opportunity to know more about the company and get more involved in the business than they would at a larger, more traditional company. Significant focus on creating opportunities for teammates to grow and leadership strikes a good balance between managing the day-to-day needs of the business and allowing some space for teammates to stretch and learn on the job. Small team is very diverse and interesting, ranging from early career emerging Millennial professionals to seasoned business leaders.

Cons

The fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment requires that teammates display resilience, agility and comfort with change, and is not for everyone. The evolving nature of the business and small size of the company means that teammates must take the personal initiative to communicate, seek development opportunities and involve themselves in activities that may overlap traditional functional boundaries and roles. I personally don't consider these things cons, but they may be cons for those who seek more structure and predictability in their day-to-day activities.

Advice to Management

Continue to seek ways to evolve and differentiate the company to meet the new challenges that have emerged in recent years. Maintain the courage to do what is needed to ensure the future success of the company, no matter how difficult, and at times frustrating, the journey may be.

6. "You get out of it what you put into it."

Current Employee - Consultant in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Consultant in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Corvirtus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are opportunities to learn and get involved in a wide variety of work roles and tasks at Corvirtus. Leadership, initiative, and courage are highly valued and rewarded. The environment supports creativity and teamwork. The organization is very flat, offering more communication, transparency, and input at all levels than is typical. Work-life balance is exceptional. Because the business is flexible and tolerant of change, people thrive here that can also be flexible and tolerant of change.

Cons

The organization is small and flat, so advancement in the since of taking on direct leadership of departments, supervising more people, or receiving new titles, etc. is correspondingly limited. However, that doesn't mean that development is limited or pay cannot be advanced. One can certainly advance one's own knowledge, skills, and pay/benefits through collaboration with teammates, initiative, hard work, and a willingness to take on new, perhaps even intimidating tasks.

Advice to Management

Since I am a current employee, I share my recommendations and advice directly with upper management or utilize other existing internal channels to do so (i.e., If I have advice, I've already shared it).

7. "This ship is sinking and the captain has dropped anchor."

I have been working at Corvirtus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people overall. People tend to care about each other and are very resilient during tough times like right now.

Cons

Leadership is beyond repair. No direction, no strategy, no authenticity. I've been here for a while and things just seem to be getting worse and worse.

Advice to Management

Try being genuine for a change and "practice what you preach." Our way is dead. The elephant in the room is that we all know we are struggling. And the sheer moodiness of leadership is at times, unbearable.

8. "Teammates flourish at Corvirtus."

Current Employee - Industrial Organizational Psychology Professional in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Corvirtus full-time

Pros

Talented and supportive colleagues. Above market compensation and benefits. Working with high-profile customers to improve the employment experience of others. Open-minded, caring and supportive leadership team. Collaborative teammates. Smaller organization means lots of opportunity for each person champion ideas and change. Comfortable and spacious office environment.

Cons

Although Corvirtus has immeasurable positive qualities that make for a meaningful, nurturing, and engaging work environment, it is a smaller company; it's lean nature can create a high-demand work environment, and requires efficient teamwork to accomplish goals.

Advice to Management

Marta Erhard and Tom DeCotiis care just as deeply about CV employees as the vision and mission of the company.

"Was a great place up to 2008"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Corvirtus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Used to be a great place to work. People stayed, candidates wanted to work here and the business was in good health.

Cons

We've lost a lot of talent over the years. The culture turned from engaged to doing the minimum to keep your job. Working here is taxing and stressful due to a lack of solid leadership to grow our business. Overall, there are no opportunities for development and getting a raise in pay is impossible.

Advice to Management

Figure out what we need to do and provide leadership. Promote trust, be transparent and get someone on the team who has the knowledge and experience to lead us!

10. "Great people, great place!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

Corvirtus has a very refreshing culture based on strong values. It is by far the best place I have ever worked in terms of its people and culture. In addition, Corvirtus remains a place where everyone's voice is heard and where continuous innovation and improvement are given more than just "lip service." Finally, being located just minutes from the mountains in sunny Colorado Springs is hard to top!

Cons

Very few cons. The biggest con would be that Corvirtus is pretty small and competes against some giants in our industry.

11. "Was a good company, now not so good"

Pros

used to know what they were doing, practiced what they preached

Cons

leaders came back and their dishonesty drove away all the good employees

Advice to Management

stop lying