Czarnowski Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Mark Nagle

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There are some great workers throughout this company that believe in the core values and know how to treat people the way they would like to be treated (in 3 reviews)

• Some really talented and experienced people in the company (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • You work long hours with minimum compensation (in 4 reviews)

• Upper management lacks accountability (in 4 reviews)

1. "We Love What We Do!!"

Current Employee - Production Assistant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Production Assistant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Czarnowski full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Czarnowski goes above and beyond for employees, and is really family focused. We have team building days all the time, which include fun, food and activities. I feel like the management team takes the time to listen and make changes. The best job I have ever had. I'm only 34 and I hope to retire with Czarnowski. We love what we do!

Cons

non that come to mind

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. "Depends on who you know"

I have been working at Czarnowski full-time

Pros

Laid back atmosphere
    Exciting projects and clients

Cons

Politics, Favoritism, Pay, Lots of OT

"Overworked and Underappreciated"

I worked at Czarnowski full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are great, the projects you work on can be really exciting, and they can be supportive at times.

Cons

They love to pile the work on and have unbalanced teams which makes it stressful when you work 70 hours a week and your other teammates are going home at 5pm everyday. Some people in management have no management skills at all, they have no idea how to deal with people or different personalities.

Advice to Management

Read some books on managing people.

"Go around or go through but just go go in..."

Pros

The Chicago office has been remodeled so its more modern. The Xmas parties are nice, you can win money which you will desperately need when you see your first paycheck...lol

Cons

Ive noticed there are A LOT of alcoholics at Czarnowski. Being drunk on the job is NORMAL here. I've seen staggering employees, and some smelled like they grow marijuana at home. The Accounting department, and IT department are all racists, including the Project managers. So many adulterers so little time. I have witnessed some things here that I cannot mention on Glassdoor. This place is toxic, the HR department talks about their "core values" but allow sexist, and racist jokes to go on daily! They preach DIVERSITY but there are NO African American managers, or Hispanics in roles of power. Dont even think about getting promoted or moving into another department. Management will frown upon your ambition and upward mobilty mindset. If you have more education than management you will be frowned upon, because most employees whom work there only have a high school diploma at best. I have a Masters and had an EXTREMELY HARD time trying to convince management that I would like to move up or into a new department based on my skill set and experience. I got shot down repeatedly. Management will need you "retain" information that is given...lol. How can anyone retain anything here when you are setup for failure? Please stop preaching this "WE LOVE WHAT WE DO crap. It's only a publicity stunt and joke...

Advice to Management

Please get new management. Project managers, IT managers, and Account Department management ALL need to be fired ASAP.

5. "Graphic Designer"

I have been working at Czarnowski full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Family orientated, accessible, team driven.

Cons

Lack of understand the future plan.

"Client Services"

I have been working at Czarnowski full-time

Pros

You can wear whatever you want to work
    The work isn't hard once you catch on
    Okay stepping stone of a company
    Can be initially exciting and rewarding but any experienced professional can see through the obvious-image they put on

Cons

Upper management lacks accountability. Managers who can't use the company's technology are making over a 100 grand.
    They hire people for their busy season which is the fall and spring and if you make a couple mistakes they will fire you by the summer
    The politics is unreal. If you're "liked" then you can take as many off-days as you want, work from home but if you're not, expect to take on all the work of your team. Even from other departments...
    You will work super hard on multiple shows, setting them up, dealing with crisis and your manager will get to travel after you put in all the work
    The work is DRAINING. The pay should be double for the work you do
    The benefits are non-existent. You either get half your paycheck eaten by medical/dental or get the very very basic coverage
    Don't expect HR to ever do anything for you.
    You get basic technology and when that crashes, you can expect IT to give you an attitude
    Printers break down at least once a week- people grossly over use them/waste countless amounts of paper
    There is something about Czarnowski office staff that makes you feel like you work among a bunch of immature children. The lack of professionalism for an office environment is shocking
    There are barely any company events or culture. The few events that we have are pretty bare-boned. No real company Christmas party.
    You will BURN OUT. Use this as a stepping stone while you look for a better job.
    The funds and budget use is SKETCHY.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone equally.
    Cut the sexist attitudes and focus on improving processes.

"Horrible place"

Current Employee - Carpenter in Austell, GA

I have been working at Czarnowski part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is nothing good about this place

Cons

Everything about this place is ridiculous especially management it is VER VERY POOR, if you work here and don't know anyone expect to be treated like crap because that's what's going to happen if your not best friends with the boss you won't get hired on or get a raise you can work all the full time hours you won't but don't expect to be hired on or get called full time you will always be part time, if you try to talk to someone in management expect to get fired if you say something out of the way this company needs improvements!!! Actually they need new managers!!!!

Advice to Management

Grow up and quit treating your employees like crap why don't you look at the people who come to work everyday on time and actually work their but off!! Those are the people who deserve full time and raises weather you think they deserve it or not just because you don't like the !!!!!!!!!

8. "Good Leadership"

I have been working at Czarnowski full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good work environment for the industry

Cons

Overseeing day to day operations

"Love working for this family owned company!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in College Park, GA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in College Park, GA

I have been working at Czarnowski (More than 3 years)

Pros

Czarnowski is a family owned, fast growing company. They offer great experience and opportunities in the experiential marketing industry. They have solid core values and are trying to retain their family spirit as they quickly grow.

Cons

They need offer better training and mentoring to young managers. They need to treat every office as a permanent asset to their growth. They need to hire more professional sales people, and take advantage of their in house capabilities.

Advice to Management

Invest in tools for project management.
    Invest in TRAINING for managers.
    Allow every office to be entrepreneurial, but monitor younger managers more consistently.
    Eliminate yearly REVIEWS, and convert to quarterly "sit downs" that provide employee feedback.
    Understand salary expectations in every city.
    Nurture youth, but value experience
    Learn who the "true believers" are in every office
    Hire COMPETENT, educated HR people for every office.
    Never forget that PEOPLE are your greatest asset.

"Carpenter"

Current Employee - Carpenter in Austell, GA

I have been working at Czarnowski full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job and you get a check. The t-shirts are nice, that's about all the pros I can come up with. And I tried hard too.

Cons

Long hours and bad pay, no raise in 5 yrs. Mangers love suck ups and they get away with any and everything.

Advice to Management

Don't keep people who don't wanna work just because they are suck ups