Cover image for Designity

95% Recommend to a Friend
94% Approve of CEO

Found 22 of over 45 reviews

4.8
Designity CEO Shahrouz Varshabi (no image)
Shahrouz Varshabi

The latest conversations about Advertising

Join the conversation on

Advertising

126.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/advertising/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Designity~1592078
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Warm Community

Nov 6, 2022 - Creative Designer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's a warm and dynamic community with a group of great designers

Cons

The workload is fine if you are experienced.

2. 5.0

Love this place!

Jul 27, 2022 - Creative Director in Harrisburg, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Transparency in all systems, humility among the leadership, a true collaborative team atmosphere, unwaveringly high quality standards, and a human-first worldview. Management helps out in the case of life circumstances (death in the family, etc), and has instituted an automated promotion system, thereby removing human bias from raises and promotions. There’s a real value here for keeping employees happy while working hard to also make clients happy.

Cons

The workload can be intense! We’re continuing to add new clients every day, so most Creative Directors stay at or above max capacity at all times.

1 person found this review helpful

Designity Response

CEO

Thanks for the feedback! We consider our Creative Community as a key part of success here at Designity and are thrilled to see that the strategy we're putting into supporting that team is paying off! We've recently done some capacity surveys and recognize the importance of keeping an eye on workload levels. Happy to report that hiring continues - even when many other companies are slowing or stopping recruiting efforts. It's our ultimate goal that the team is at the right capacity where they can both show off their current skills and plan for future growth!

3. Join the Designity team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Unique and Innovative Thinkers and Doers

May 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interviewing with Designity was one of the most interesting and innovative experiences I've had. They break with convention by reviewing work-product vs. resumes. In today's market, most people can apply for a job with the click of a button, but this one took a little more work. I almost didn't complete it, but I certainly am glad I did! Designity is a very unique and innovative group. Always looking for new ways to improve processes, break the mold, think outside the box, etc. This means dabbling in NFTs, crypto, and virtual reality. It's incredible how forward-thinking they are and it's exciting to witness! I've never worked at a place with more detailed, clear, laid out processes. It made onboarding extremely easy. The asynchronous tools and way they schedule meetings makes it possible to work across the time zones in a way that actually gets things done. Pros: - Remote work - Flexible scheduling - It's clear that management really cares about happiness/satisfaction of the team. It's something they openly talk about, ask, and make adjustments for as necessary - No Meetings Wednesday (a day you can set aside to actually get your work done vs, just sitting in meetings). - No multi-tasking on meetings (this one is actually hard to adapt to, but it's a very good rule to have) - No sharing bad news in a Slack message - record a Loom video or get on a call, but Slack isn't the platform used for tough news/feedback/etc. - Leadership is open to feedback and wants to hear from the team - then makes changes quickly with the right plan laid out - They're working to hire the right team to support all the growth

Cons

There's always areas for improvement. What stands out the most is the need to hire additional Creative talent to keep up with all the new clients - but they're working hard to do that, and it means more jobs for more people!

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

NOT A HEALTHY PLACE

Jul 31, 2022 - Creative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sounds like a company that could have potential

Cons

It's the fast junk food of the design world and that starts with its authoritarian selfish management team. Micromanagement is at its highest here. They don't trust their staff Pay sux Working hours are beyond healthy and still more expected of you Ops and CEO are selfish and narcissist in all meetings NOT HEALTHY ENVIRONMENT where they try to out you at meetings So much data surveillance and metric'ed to make the work very unenjoyable.

7 people found this review helpful

Designity Response

CEO

Hello, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry and surprised that your take-aways from Designity were this negative after 4 years of working with us. We do strive to provide the best experience possible for our employees and welcome ongoing, constructive feedback so we can continually work to improve the organization. Our internal decisions and processes have been implemented and updated as a result of voting from our community and feedback from clients. One of our core values is to seek feedback from our community and reach collaborative decisions in a democratic way vs. commands and directives of management. Additionally, the pay levels for our Creative Community are set according to market and industry standards - and transparently laid out for all to see what career and compensation growth looks like at Designity. In the past few years, we have been able to add many talented Creatives to our community with our standardized pay scale based on metrics and performance. We do apologize for the fact that you had a bad experience for 4 years and felt it was a very healthy environment, and wish that we could have discussed and addressed this earlier on to determine whether it really was a good long-term fit. As we grow, processes are continually evolving and being updated to help the team complete work as efficiently and effectively while providing a great result for our clients. Additionally, we use metrics and empirical data as much as possible to remove any possible biases from interactions and experiences. We strive to provide a workplace based on mutual respect and trust - while also creating safe spaces for feedback, innovation, and transparency. We’re sorry you have had such a bad experience, and invite you to reach out to our VP of People, Joy Banfield to raise any additional concerns or questions you may have.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Awesome Onboarding Process

Jan 12, 2022 - Senior Creative Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoyed the onboarding processing. I applied through their website and was contacted two weeks later. I completed a design challenge to showcase my talents and skills. After another week, I was contacted again to for an interview. The interview was very exciting and relaxed. Two days later, I was offered a position and the rest is history.

Cons

I do not have any cons as of yet. I may mot have any in the future.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

the perfect place to grow

Jan 7, 2022 - Senior Design Manager in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is a super friendly team, composed of excellent professionals willing to help and collaborate among all to achieve the objectives of each of the team members. As a creative person, you must have the freedom to leave your vision and mark on each project you are in, and here in Designity, we have that very important characteristic.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say, I am grateful to have the opportunity to collaborate with this great team.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I truly feel fortunate to be working at Designity.

Jan 11, 2022 - Creative Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It has an amazing culture and is filled with genuinely good people. Love the team meetings and the company culture. Benefits are decent and paid for by company. The CEO is really communicative. - Unlimited vacation policy - Benefits - Amazing team

Cons

- Not that much to say here

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Innovative interview process and friendly environment

Jan 12, 2022 - Senior Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Quick to respond throughout the entire interview process -Friendly management and employees -Proper compensation for work

Cons

-Completely remote! It was a huge pro for me, but not everyone can handle the remote workspace.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Very promising company!

Oct 25, 2021 - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The CEO is very visionary and sharp. The culture is very friendly and everyone cares about each other. The company has a clear mission and is moving in the right direction.

Cons

Everyone is remote across different states and we are always remote. I know the management is trying to implement a hybrid model though which would be great.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee

A stimulating and motivating workplace

Sep 15, 2021 - Copy & Content Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is creative and understanding of each other, projects, etc. No team member is left behind, making everyone feel heard. Being around others in your expertise and above is stimulating and motivating to do and be better!

Cons

There are no cons for working here!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 Reviews
</>Embed

Designity Reviews FAQs

Designity has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5, based on over 45 reviews left anonymously by employees. 95% of employees would recommend working at Designity to a friend and 94% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Designity employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Designity. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

95% of Designity employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Designity 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Designity to be management, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be workplace .

Popular Careers with Designity Job Seekers