Dev Technology Group Reviews

Updated May 1, 2020

4.6
Dev Technology Group CEO Kendall Holbrook
Kendall Holbrook
  1. "My Dev Technology Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Dev Technology Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dev Technology provides opportunities to explore, grow, learn and challenge yourself in a respectful and supportive environment. Colleagues are collaborative, professional, and supportive. Dev leans forward into new technology and solutions to support their client's missions and also internally to provide efficient and effective operations support to their employees. During Covid-19 Dev leadership has worked quickly and diligently to keep the employees safe, up to date, provide the tools and resources needed, communicated all changes and new information in real time and provide opportunities for colleagues to get together virtually and have fun. We continued our community outreach initiatives, client support, and daily operations without missing a beat. I’m proud to work for a company that puts their people first and strives to make a difference, even in the most challenging of times.

Cons

I am not able to think of any at this time.

Dev Technology Group2020-05-01
  2. "Great position"

Former Employee - Developer in Reston, VA

I worked at Dev Technology Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great hours and flexibility

Cons

Spread out job sites and campuses

Dev Technology Group2020-01-22
  3. "Great company, wonderful people, love working here"

Current Employee - Vice President Marketing in Reston, VA

I have been working at Dev Technology Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good work life balance. Caring management team. You can grow professionally and thrive.

Cons

Growing pains of becoming a medium sized company. Leadership is fully engaged to manage the change and improve things for each employee.

Dev Technology Group2019-07-03
  4. "System Engineer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Dev Technology Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work / pretty of work

Cons

No issues all great work

Dev Technology Group2018-06-25

July 2, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to post a comment. We are glad that you enjoyed your time at the company.

5. "Software engineer"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Reston, VA

I have been working at Dev Technology Group full-time

Pros

Employee centric company , values its employees, great benefits and lot of opportunities for growth, Company executives are down to earth people.

Cons

No cons ,No cons,No cons,No cons ,No cons,No cons,No cons ,No cons,No cons,No cons ,No cons,No cons,No cons ,No cons,No cons,No cons ,No cons,No cons

Dev Technology Group2018-03-30

April 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We certainly strive to focus on our employees and providing a great place for them to come to work. It's our employees who make us a strong company and it's our job as executives to provide the tools you need to keep doing what you do. Glad to hear you see it in action!

"Corporate"

in Reston, VA

I have been working at Dev Technology Group for less than a year

Pros

Employee-centric company with true collaboration throughout. Management is accessible. Fun atmosphere. Company throws great parties and feeds its employees well (they keep snacks and beverages on hand!) Managers treat their employees really well and make them feel appreciated. Great benefits! I feel extremely lucky to work here.

Cons

Everyone works in different spaces, so it feels disconnected at times. BUT we are moving in a couple of months to a great new space so that will all go away!

Dev Technology Group2017-01-19

January 26, 2017CEO

Thank you for your feedback! I'm looking forward to being all together in the new space.

"Database Developer"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Reston, VA

I have been working at Dev Technology Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Since I moved to DC 16 years ago, this is the only government contracting company that I would recommend to a friend that was currently employed. Employee centric. Great office. I believe that they avoid chasing the many low-hanging-fruit government contracts that can be unpleasant. I feel like the company seeks out the better developers rather than just finding heads to fill the positions listed in a contract.

Cons

It's just the nature of government contracting that there is a risk that some projects will be chaotic on the customer side. I have not experienced that yet.

Dev Technology Group2016-10-28

January 26, 2017CEO

Thank you for the feedback! I love hearing that you would recommend us to a friend who is employed. That says a lot. We execute our detailed strategy to make sure the work we seek out is a good match for our team and the client mission and that every team member can contribute to the success of the team. It just makes good business sense and it makes for a strong collaborative culture. Thank you for being a part of our team and culture.

8. "Analyst"

I worked at Dev Technology Group

Pros

Great place to work great atmosphere

Cons

No complaints here thus far

Dev Technology Group2016-03-03

March 9, 2016CEO

Thank you for your feedback!

"There are great opportunities at this small, technically advanced company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Dev Technology Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked at Dev Technology for over six years and have seen the company grow significantly as it continues to earn the respect of their federal customers. Dev Tech employs some of the most talented software developers I've had the pleasure of working with. Dev encourages developers to take on new challenges. I've had the opportunity to greatly expand my skill set and role on projects and within the company. The management staff understands how to bring the best out of their people. It is no wonder why many of the best people stay with Dev Tech for many years.

Cons

At any small technical consulting company in the DC metro area there are going to be limits to the client opportunities available, which could mean limited technology exposure or undesirable work locations. The aforementioned issues don't escape Dev Technology--their senior leadership is dedicated to improving the company's staff through training opportunities and other unique initiatives for employees to share and cultivate new skills. Dev Technology understands its path to growth is through its employees and values their feedback greatly. I always feel that my feedback or opinion is appreciated, and I have seen multiple improvement programs started based of employee involvement.

Dev Technology Group2015-07-22

March 9, 2016CEO

Thank you for taking the time to provide detailed feedback. Our priority is to maintain our great culture as we are on a faster growth trajectory. Each team member impacts our culture with their excellence and great ideas. Keep up the great work!

10. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Dev Technology Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I came to work at Dev Technology because it seemed like they really cared about their employees and clients. 5 years later and this has only been proven further. I have really great coworkers, and everyone here is super smart, considerate, and hard working. My coworkers make my job a lot easier and more enjoyable than it could be otherwise.

Cons

I don’t really have any that are worth listing, unless you want to hear about how we sometimes run out of snacks. The management team works hard to address issues that can be common to small businesses and federal contractors, such as projects ending and finding new opportunities for employees.

Dev Technology Group2014-10-31

February 13, 2015CEO

Thank you for your feedback. I agree, the Dev Team is a group of smart people that create a caring work family. I'm proud of the team we are. And yes, we are snackers! I love that we've added fresh fruit inspired by our latest fitness challenge.

Found 18 reviews