Dhap Digital Reviews | Glassdoor

Dhap Digital Reviews

3.1
Philip Dzilvelis
1 Rating

1. "Good People, Odd Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Dhap Digital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really talented pool of folks, decent process!

Cons

Some particularly poor management and hiring choices were made at one point, actually causing a whole team to be let go, by no fault of their own. I know they felt badly about it, but scrutinize the hiring process and complete background checks.

Advice to Management

scrutinize the hiring process and complete background checks.

2. "It is a small company in which there are no prospects for professional growth."

Current Contractor - Software QA Tester in San Francisco, CA
    Current Contractor - Software QA Tester in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Dhap Digital as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

In this company you will have many responsibilities. It was a positive factor for me because I was able to learn something new.

Cons

Stability of the work in this company will depend on the number of projects.

Advice to Management

If you have a choose I would not recommend you to sign a contract with DHAP

3. "Varied work, Skills development, Autonomy, Teamwork"

I have been working at Dhap Digital full-time

Pros

In my time at DHAP, I have gotten to work on so many different types of projects - both in scale and technology. As a result I have developed and refined many useful skills. Hard work has always been rewarded with recognition. Given the long-standing relationship(s) with clients, I have gotten to see my work mature over years of maintenance, which has been crucial in improving my skills as a programmer. Every employee has always had a voice at the company, I have benefitted from this even when I was a fairly junior contractor. Collaborating with smart and creative individuals has been the status quo.

Cons

The pace of (some client) release cycles may not be for everyone. Also, a necessarily pragmatic approach to client management, sometimes leads to political decisions in programming development - something that some programmers may find frustrating. Collaborative culture can sometimes lead to ideas/initiatives getting bogged down in committee.

Advice to Management

More attention should be given to a consistent and formal approach to knowledge retention. Whether that be in code documentation, file management, or project archives - the more information can be accurately captured and later found in an efficient manner, the more effective the company can continue to be moving forward.

"Smart people doing challenging work"

Pros

Good location close to all public transportation options. Smart people working in project management, engineering, support and design. Friendly staff with diversity.

Cons

Long hours depending on project load. Some projects were overwhelming and stressful (as with most project-driven shops). They lost a major client which impacted attitudes and profitability for a period of time.

Advice to Management

Solid foundation is there. Smart people are very resourceful. Reward people more to increase employee satisfaction. Improve lines of communication and bring everyone into the loop on important changes/trends/priorities.