Dialog Direct Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Doug Kearney

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Inbound Call Center and NOT a collections trap (in 13 reviews)

• Very well staffed with great people that want to do a good job (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay for the amount of work they want you to do (in 15 reviews)

• No chat to talk to other agents or upper management (in 11 reviews)

1. "If you're ghetto you'll fit right in, if not don't bother!!"

Former Employee - Licensed Sales Producer in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Licensed Sales Producer in Orlando, FL

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was competitive with profession

Cons

Unprofessional atmosphere, no perks, very small lunch area. Higher ups unwilling to assist new employees and old employees are violent and territorial

Advice to Management

Everyone has value

2. "Data Entry Operator | Boxtop for Education"

Pros

Mostly easygoing, Could listen to music while working at the computer. No shortcuts allowed. Integrity while working is encouraged.

Cons

Security cards were required to go anywhere in the building which is fine, but a bit of a hassle if you forgot it for a single day. HR was nearly inaccessible. I tried calling and leaving emails several times, but was not responded to even in the negative.

Advice to Management

Be strict, but don't treat employees who misbehave like children who need to be shamed into doing the right thing. Stern and calm, please.

3. "Trainer"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Highland Park, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Highland Park, MI

I have been working at Dialog Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coaching and helping agents keep their jobs

Cons

Competitive and stressful. It's a very political company

Advice to Management

communicate more

4. "Ehh! Needs work"

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a good place to start if trying to get your foot into the door! People are nice and friendly! Plus they train you!

Cons

Don't havr enough leads on the floor at all times to help with questions and when you get stuck! Some of the Clients can have rude moments when you call them with questions about the RVs or trailers!

5. "Meh"

Former Employee - Roadside Assistance in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Roadside Assistance in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had been out of work for 2 years before I came to work there, so it was a good place to start back working. They don't drug test for certain positions. There are some nice people that work in the building, but if you don't smoke/vape, you won't meet anyone outside of your campaign. There are several campaigns in the building so there is always opportunities to transfer around. The guy in the cafeteria makes a mean burger and there is a food truck outside M-F. Plenty of opportunity for overtime and training. They will work with you if you have health issues, as long as you have documentation from a health professional.

Cons

Security is lax, so they closed the shop on the weekends because of thieves. The pay is not enough for the amount of work you have to do, but that's to be expected at a 3rd party company. Training is unorganized and from my experience so is the hiring process. Half the computers don't work, IT needs help!

Advice to Management

Get some people in the IT department. There should be no reason that a call center that does most, if not all, of their work on the computer and 86% of the computers either do not work, are very slow, or will shut off in the middle of working. It costs more to buy new equipment, with the right IT, they can rebuild the computers on the floor for less.

6. "Comfortable with computers"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate

I have been working at Dialog Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Inbound Call Center and NOT a collections trap. A fun and engaging environment.

Cons

A lot of learning required of the systems that are used to function in the job.

"Poor communication from management, glitchy software, but relaxed atmosphere."

Current Employee - Call Center Representative
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative

I have been working at Dialog Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This review is regarding my current assignment, ICSolutions, where I process prepaid collect calling accounts, which enable people to receive calls from inmates in penitentiaries.

We do not have to meet super-strict quotas. QAs are relatively lenient, as long as you touch the important bases the worst that happens is you don't get a 100%. Also there are no sales quotas to meet, just a call time average, which is pretty easy to maintain. My own team lead has been very helpful and understanding. When there is no queue, you can relax at your desk until a call comes in.

Cons

While ICSolutions does have automated and online service, both features are NOT user friendly, therefore it falls to call center reps to manage most customers. Any customer who manages to set up an account and pay into it for as long as their loved one's incarcerated, without talking to a live agent deserves a medal. In any case, we often have to deal HUGE amounts of calls; currently we are dealing with day after day of queues which last for hours at a time. This can be very taxing on it's own, but there are other factors that make it worse. The software we use is the poorest I've seen in a career spanning multiple call center jobs. The program we use to input information freezes periodically, and the actual calling software, Avaya, often drops calls and provides poor reception. Another issue is that supervisors often give conflicting pieces of info, which then get passed on the customers, who of course get annoyed at being told different things by different people. While I'm lucky to have a decent team lead, others have not been so lucky. Lastly, the trope that call center reps are stuck with customers until they hang up is especially ridiculous in this context. ICSolutions is never lacking for customers, and many who call in are the kind of people you'd expect to produce or associate with somebody in jail. Yet management expects us to humor them, even when there's nothing we can do for them, and plenty of other customers waiting who we CAN help. All of this adds up to a high amount of stress on the job.

Advice to Management

Make the automated system and website more user friendly. Automated should not transfer customers to a live agent at the drop of a hat; give them the chance to try again, and only transfer them over if they select that option. The website could use better terminology for lay-people. For instance, how is a first-timer supposed to know that "agency" means the correctional institution?

Replace Avaya with a different system. Again, I've worked in multiple call centers, and Avaya is the worst software I've used. The same goes with the ICSolutions program for processing payments. It constantly freezes and occasionally logs you off for no reason. This needs to be fixed.

Make sure team leads are receiving clear directions when changes are made. The policies we pass onto customers need to be consistent and concise.

Since we don't need sales quotas, and are never lacking for business, we should not be required to humor rude or unprepared customers. For instance, if a customer needs info from their account (as opposed to starting a new one), but cannot verify the account info we are required to ask for, there is no reason to keep them on the line or transfer them. Temper tantrums in particular should not be rewarded, they should be put in time-out; if If a customer is being abusive, there are always other customers waiting to take their place.

8. "Customer service analyst"

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time

Pros

Working from home was nice.

Cons

Everything about HR and benefits departments. Terrible response time. Terrible to work with. Never any help.

Advice to Management

Try harder.

9. "Very easy to get hired.."

Former Employee - Roadside Agent in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Roadside Agent in Irving, TX

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Easy training (if you have a good trainer)
    -Management easy going, if you do your work, show up on time
    -Almost everyone is pretty nice/cool
    -Onsite cafe, great location for gas/food
    -Plenty of parking space
    -They hire almost everyone

Cons

1.) [[[Verizon Campaign Section]]]
    BUGS...yes, the bugs are what pushed me away initially. Co-workers said it may be bed bugs or dust mites. So if you do work in the Verizon Campaign, DO NOT set any of your belongings on the floor. I came home with swollen bug bites the first couple weeks, then I just avoided wearing any thing that wasn't pants.

2.) [[[Verizon Campaign Section]]]
    If you need to work certain hours, days, whatever...you may not get them EVEN if the recruiter tells you so. Just from experience, when an HR Rep has to walk in during training to tell you that pretty much you were lied to about schedules...then that should raise a big red flag. Again, you may not have this problem at all, but just a heads up.

3.) [[[General]]]
    -Don't use your phone or dress inappropriately, front desk lady will get you kicked out before an interview.
    - ***Team Lead's Words***Get fired after 3 no call , no shows ( so call in everyday you do not show up...and you will still have a job as long as your supervisor can get in contact with you. )
    - Roaches in bathrooms
    -Stained carpets,almost every chair is severely damaged and/or stained
    -Your application will time out in the middle of a call, so all info. you didn't take note of will be gone.

4.) Quality Assurance will be a little dramatic when it comes to reviews, training, meetings.

Advice to Management

Please do not ignore:
    - If someone has a question, common sense answer or not, answer them without a sarcastic remark. Not everyone has been working there for as long as you.

- Act like you care about managing your employees properly, don't let them do their job without proper knowledge. If someone needs more training, give it to them. It benefits EVERYONE.

- It's not really appropriate or professional when you try to intimidate a potential employee(s) in their second interview with you (Verizon Campaign Manager). Don't do it.

- Try to remember that you're not the only one doing the observing when you do your rounds.

10. "Starting pay but this is a temporary position disguised as a full-time position or career."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The starting pay was exceptional.

Cons

The campaigns the company managed do NOT last long at all.

Advice to Management

Have a backup plan when working with this company.