Dialog Direct Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Doug Kearney

Pros
  • love that the call center is laid back (in 12 reviews)

• Very well staffed with great people that want to do a good job (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay for the amount of work they want you to do (in 12 reviews)

• Upper management could do the company a service by being more upfront with their employees instead of keeping things hidden (in 10 reviews)

1. "The Best"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist/Pharmacy Service Agent in Denison, TX

I have been working at Dialog Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited room for self growth as well as plenty of opportunities to move up in the "ranks"

Cons

Limited location opportunities, this job is currently preventing me from moving because i love my job and there is not another office near the location that my family and i are looking to move

2. "Needs more structure."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Troy, MI

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked there for almost 2 years. If you're looking to gain some experience this will be a quick stepping stone.

Cons

The turnover is extremely HIGH. If a supervisor does not like a individual, they can make it hard for you. The pay rate is almost minimum wage and they hire anyone who's looking for a job. People were stealing from other employees, just a low morale environment.

Advice to Management

Be fair with everyone and try to boost the morale in the office. Advise HR to stop hiring anyone off of the streets.

"good Intentions, Poor Execution!"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Highland Park, MI
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Highland Park, MI

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is very innovative and is always making advancements to stay competitive. They seem to want their employees to have a good work atmosphere and promote productivity. The training process is thorough, they do not just throw you to the wolves. Lots of role play and team based exercises. They do offer a paid cafeteria for lunch which is nice and convenient.

Cons

The biggest con to working here was the fact that you spend 45 a week working for them and they treat you like part time employees. EVERYTHING kicks in after a year of employment. They DO NOT give annual raises to most of their employees because they only have 2 programs permanent programs. The rest of the programs are meant to be permanent but if they lose the contract, you are pretty much laid off. If you were a good employee with good attendance you will be called back when another program starts. So its pretty hard to make it a full year when working on newer and temporary campaigns. The management structure is good but the execution is horrible. I started with 1 manager and a group of about 15. The group dwindled and the company we were servicing wanted to expand their campaign. So they hired a few people and brought back some people from a campaign that had recently ended. AND A SECOND MANAGER! Big mistake! Our manager pretty much promoted an atmosphere of "team vs. team". This caused a lot of internal struggles. The managers didn't like each other so they would implement conflicting policies. Our original manager basically told us we didn't have to listen to the new one, so we had co workers who did not respect her authority, some even stooped to confronting her on the floor during calls. My manager was so unprofessional it astounded me. She would discuss workers attendance or personal issues with the subordinates that she befriended. In our very first staff meeting she told us about her 1st abortion experience! To kill time in the beginning we often had staff meeting where we pretty much listened to stories about her ex's or fights she had been in. I wrote her off day one! She had no tact and often took legitimate questions about her methods personal as if it was completely normal to behave the way she did. The human resources office was closed most of the day and when you did get a chance to meet with them they didn't have any answers to offer. Once my check was short, they offered to give the balance on a Meijer gift card!!! Maybe my experience was bad because of the manager i had or the location i worked in, but when i was lad off i was told i would qualify to come back with another program. i told them no thank you! Oh and you'll experience random bedbug scares. One young lady went as far as to cover her chair and clothes

Advice to Management

More vetting is needed when selecting the individual program managers! Most of them are chosen because they have been with the company for a while and applied when a position came open. However, they dont seem to be given any management skills training. offer more incentives to full time employees! the little things count! We heard another location had taco Tuesday and a pop corn machine, OMG they let never that go! "why cant we have popcorn days?" "we do we get a taco Tuesday?" If you're gonna transfer employees from site to site, it may be good to implement a little conformity in the incentives... Good Riddens!

"Medicare Enroller"

Former Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent in Highland Park, MI
    Former Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent in Highland Park, MI

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

close to home , enjoyed and appreciate introduction into the Medicare business

Cons

Disorganized training, do not support agents and their success

Advice to Management

Treat agents with respect

"Horrible don't do it"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Euless, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Euless, TX

I have been working at Dialog Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My schedule is mon-fri so I have weekends off and I also work 8-4:30. Another pro would be the vendors that come selling stuff.

Cons

No bonuses no pay raises. There is a slim chance you will move up and become a sme and when you do the pat stays the same.

Advice to Management

Stop showing favoritism

"If you need some call center experience..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highland Park, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highland Park, MI

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

recognition and awards for meeting metrics

Cons

not a professional environment, high turnover, employees left as fast as they were hired

Advice to Management

Recognize the mature, hard workers for who they are. Take your managers aside and suggest they not be so blatant about favoritism because it hurts the whole team's morale and productivity.

"Could be better...."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Dialog Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love my job, don't ever get me wrong. I love what I do and helping the homeowners is one of the best parts of my job. I love the benefits that I have working here, I have full medical, dental and vision. I can even option for the 401k(have no idea what it is and I'm still young, so I don't need it just yet!) The campaign I'm in is expanding rapidly, so if you want a full time career, not just a job(which stands for Just Over Broke!) definitely fill out the application and schedule your interview!

Cons

The only flaw that I have found working in our building in particular is the bed bug issue. I've been with DD since 6/6/16 and I've known about the issue the entire time I've been there. I know they have just recently started to change up some of the flooring, but in order to get rid of the pesky creatures, we have to close the doors for 24-48 hrs, and bomb the crap out of the building. I know they spray for bugs(not sure if its weekly or monthly), but today(4/3/17) alone, I was bit 4-5 times in a training room.

Advice to Management

maybe rip up the rest of the carpet- in the pods- and get rid of the cloth on the cubical dividers to be able to battle the bug????

9. "WARNING! WARNING! DANGER!"

Former Employee - RSA Customer Service Representative in Holland, MI
    Former Employee - RSA Customer Service Representative in Holland, MI

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the people on the line are, generally, good people to work with. Management leaves much to be desired. If you're not a brown nose, you have no future here. They do not promote based on merit.

Cons

blatant favoritism. You do not get promoted or considered for any kind of position unless you brown-nose the manager. Also schedules are not based on merit, but on favoritism, as well.

Advice to Management

get the favoritism out of the call center! Promotions and schedules should be based on merit, not on how well you kiss up to management.

"Seasonal employee who has the opportunity to apply for full time employment"

Former Employee - Iicenced Insurance Agent in Highland Park, MI
    Former Employee - Iicenced Insurance Agent in Highland Park, MI

I worked at Dialog Direct part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Variety of clients gives you the oportunity to learn new and different software programs that are required in our job market

Cons

Expectations and duties are often not clearly defined which makes it difficult to know if you are doing a good job

Advice to Management

Require all trainers provide thorough important information that their classes are expected to be responsible for. Training has been inconsistant.

"customer care"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Dialog Direct (More than a year)

Pros

location benefits some positive wokers

Cons

no promotions and management is poor