Digium Reviews | Glassdoor

Digium CEO Danny Windham
Danny Windham

1. "Great place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Digium full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I feel like I can make an impact EVERY day. I've got a great manager who is flexible and understanding. Plus the exec management team is easy to access and listens to ideas I have.

Cons

I'd always like to make more money but still feel competitively paid.

2. "Inside Channel Account Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Digium full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management cares and keeps employees informed on the company's business outlook. Open, friendly place to work. Opportunity for advancement. HR is constantly looking for ways to improve company perks. Excellent executive management team with open door policy. Best coffee in town.

Cons

Salaries aren't as competitive as in other industries but improvements have been made and opportunity to advancement exists for those who are willing to dedicate the effort to excel.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, especially in the areas of educating employees on both the current and future plans for growth.

3. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Digium full-time

Pros

The people are laid back, the hours are flexible with the ability to work remotely at times. Just a great atmosphere to work in.

Cons

I really can't think of any.

Advice to Management

I don't really have any. Just continue to respect your employees and let them know when they've done a good job.

5. "Smart leaders and open environment"

Current Employee - Developer
    Current Employee - Developer

I have been working at Digium full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment and the leadership encourages autonomy and entrepreneurship. Management at Digium encourages open source contributing. The explicit focus on performance vs corporate B.S. is refreshing (not perfect but far far better than other places I worked). There is a high concentration of really smart engineers and the tenure is pretty long considering the age of the company. 401k match is instantly vested and there are stock options.

Cons

Pay is fairly average. Some of the internal legacy systems could be scrapped in favor of cloud options, to let people focus on Digium's strengths and new business.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging entrepreneurship within Digium, and expanding into new markets.

6. "Great atmosphere"

I have been working at Digium full-time

Pros

The flexible working environment, casual dress, team bonding activities, intelligent management, high value on family and life outside of work, charitable involvement.

Cons

the pay could be better

"Fun and laid back, smart people, unique products, low pay"

I worked at Digium full-time

Pros

Company is great about hiring intelligent and hard workers with good personality. Atmosphere is fairly laid back with very little micromanagement (depending on which department you work in). Vacation time and benefits are excellent. A mostly stress free place to work.

Cons

From talking with others, pay is below market for some positions and departments. Raises are fairly low and there are no bonuses. Stock options are fairly meaningless at the stage this company is at.

8. "Excellent people, great atmosphere, challenging work"

Current Employee - Network and Systems Administrator in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Network and Systems Administrator in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Digium (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible time schedules and people who understand personal life gets in the way sometimes. I also enjoy working with really talented people who are pros in their discipline.

Cons

I don't really have any cons other than the scenery outside is far to enticing to be working so close to it and not be out enjoying it. That's 20 words :)

9. "A Good Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Pros

- Digium is very transparent about the status of the company, holding town halls that go into great detail about what's happening.
    - Danny is an excellent leader with a good head on his shoulders and a mind for this business.
    - The work environment is extremely relaxed.
    - Some employees at Digium are genuinely brilliant individuals, true masters of what they do.
    - The majority of people who work at Digium are extremely pleasant.
    - Great facility, well cared for.
    - A relatively challenging work environment that keep things interesting

Cons

- Average salaries are slightly below average for similar work.
    - I'm concerned that Digium doesn't seem to be interested in retaining talent, and have seen highly skilled people come and go. With no market adjustments, performance reviews, or raises I'm not surprised.

Overall - If you can negotiate a good salary off the bat- go for it. It's a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Please take some of these reviews to heart.

10. "Open source leads to open arms"

Current Employee - Sales in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Sales in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Digium full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment, great people, helpful from day 1, you definitely can feel the love and support daily. Look forward to coming to work everyday!

Cons

More clarification & transparency around ways to excel and not only get promoted but earn potential pay increases. Continuous/consistent evaluation around individual workload to ensure it is well balanced from dept to dept would be another key to continued success.

Advice to Management

More clarification/transparency around ways to excel and not only get promoted but earn potential pay increases. ALSO I believe that creating a program which supports employees that have career aspirations to grow with Digium, that helps them excel in areas other than just their direct role would be phenomenal, and truly promote continuous internal growth.

"Low Pay, High Expectations"

I have been working at Digium full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Digium has proven to hire talented employees. The health benefits are good. The work space is nice. There are a lot of employees that are able to work out at work as well as go for walks and runs during work hours.

Cons

Recognition is rare. Pay is low. I cannot remember the last time I have gotten a raise and when I did, it was embarrassing. Turnover is high. The energy has changed for the worse.

Advice to Management

Find ways to recognize employees better. Bagel Fridays aren't cutting it. Bonuses and pay increases are needed.