Division-D Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Division-D CEO Lori Dillender
Lori Dillender

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Division-D full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working at Division-D! The people here make coming to work every day so fun and I always feel so valued.

Cons

Office can be quiet at times, but we make up for that with music.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. "STAY AWAY"

I worked at Division-D full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co workers.
    Decent snacks. (they save a lot of money on paying employees very little, they should be catering lunch more often)
    Good group outdoor activities.

Cons

Very low pay. Commission structure is a joke. When you interview with them they tell you these very rare lucky moments that people make decent money, but when you consider the low salary, it's really not a great money. They have an uncapped commission structure but in order to get commission you have to reach these unrealistic numbers. The only person bringing in big revenue is the vp of sales since she has all the big accounts and was the one who started the media buying team.

The office has cubicbles which makes for some very quite office hours. If that doesn't bother you then you can make this a Pro. At times they would email us to keep our talking to a minimum! They stopped doing that as of recently.

Most employees here don't stick around for less that one year. Most new hires after one month of being here hate it! You do the same thing every single day! The daily tasks they have in place are impossible for most to deliver on.
    For being around more than 15 years, this company feels like working for a failing and confused start up.

My advice, stay away from this company at all cost! Keep interviewing and hopefully you'll land a role with an honest company.

Advice to Management

Take action on any feedback you have from current employees while you still have them. They once had a meeting to go over anonymous employee suggestion to make working here better, but the meeting turned into a meeting about why they denied all suggestions lol.

3. "A good mix of hard work and fun"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Division-D full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard work is certainly expected at Division-D, there are clear daily and monthly goals established. Sometimes longer hours are needed to meet these goals but hard work is acknowledged and appreciated.

There are fun events nearly every week to get to know coworkers outside the office.

Cons

Since it is a base + commission pay structure, hard work and dedication is needed to increase financial gains.

Advice to Management

Maintain the open door policy and be receptive of ideas for positive change.

"Do not work for this company"

Former Employee - Marketing in Columbia, MO
    Former Employee - Marketing in Columbia, MO

I worked at Division-D full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Company offered free socials and coffee

Cons

-Terrible management: talking about potential issues with your manager or the CEO brought your performance down. People got fired for bringing up team stress levels and how all team members had to work overtime daily.
    -Horrible pay. Many of my colleagues had to work 2 jobs just to be able to afford rent.
    -Workload: no one on my team was able to leave work on time. The workload given to us was so strenuous we had to work overtime almost daily and sometimes even come to the office on weekends without any compensation.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. We should be able to discuss the work environment without the fear of losing our jobs over it.

5. "Great Company, Even Better People"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Division-D full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Division-D is a great company to work for. New hires are provided with an excellent training program and each individual is a valued member of the group. Top Managers are very accessible, easy to talk to, and patient. The best thing that Division-D brings to the table, however, is the camaraderie that exists among the team members.

Cons

Sometimes the free snacks stockpile gets a little a low, but other than that, not too much to complain about.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Continue to develop the training program.

6. "Growing company"

I have been working at Division-D full-time

Pros

-Great culture
    -Healthy commission structure
    -Promotes from within
    -Flexibility
    -Access to upper management
    -Travel opportunities for sales team
    -Strong training/mentoring program

Cons

-Days can be somewhat monotonous

"Media Buyer"

Current Employee - Media Buyer in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Media Buyer in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Division-D full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I absolutely loved the people I worked with every day. This is hands downs the best thing about Division D.

We also had great office activities, although at times they felt more like a gimmick to keep people happy when their day to day task did not.

The Media Buyers managers are pretty great, they are all really helpful and just wanted you to do your best. Even the managers that have now left and gone on to other things were pretty great!

Free snacks and causal dress code.

Great position to start right out of college, but the actual job task will get pretty repetitive after 18 months

Cons

Salary: The “strong base salary” that they mention in the interview is literally a joke. The uncapped commission is only relevant for AEs. As a media buyer we got “bonuses”, these bonus are very unrealistic and the only person meeting them on a consistent basis is the VP of Media Buying. The bonus structure for MBs needs to be reworked so it is actually benefiting the whole team. I am not saying the goals need to be lowered, but being on a percentage commission scale like the rest of the company would be nice.
    If the bonus structure stays as is I would not suggest this Media Buying position for anyone. They money is just not there for how hard we are worked.

Growth: This is a great entry level job to get your feet wet, but understand that is all it is an "entry level position". There is growth in the company as far as a great new title, but at the end of the day your day to day task will not change. You will still being doing cold calls and cold emails so don’t get confused when they say “growth potential” in your interviews. This is just not a long term job position; it's more of a starter job to your career. EVERY SINGLE PERSON in a senior or manger position as a Media Buyer has left the company under 2 years except for the VP of Media Buying, this should tell you everything you need to know about this position and the "growth opportunity".

Advice to Management

Change the Media Buyers pay structure or people are going to continue to quit.

Hold everyone to the same standard, and actually enforce a discipline plan for the people not preforming.

Media Buyers are currently placed on all "direct campaigns" that the Account Executives bring in. We work hard to get things delivered in full, yet we get none of the real profit that campaigns. It's pretty counterproductive for media buyers to work on the campaigns or even care if it preforms since we are not getting any of the actual profit, we get our "little" bonuses. Management needs to change this back before more people quit based on stress and low pay.

NOTE TO CANDIDATES: Look only at the reviews that management has responded too, those are the real ones, and not the ones padded by current employees for a better Glassdoor rating.

8. "media buyer"

I have been working at Division-D part-time

Pros

half work day on friday sometimes

Cons

salary is a little bit low

9. "Great Company to Work!"

I have been working at Division-D full-time

Pros

Great company culture and work/life balance

Cons

Keep up the good work!

10. "Amazing Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Division-D full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People, PTO, Snacks and Coffee, Whirlyball, Hours

Cons

Small Office (which is being expanded)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!