Division-D Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company, Even Better People"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Division-D full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Division-D is a great company to work for. New hires are provided with an excellent training program and each individual is a valued member of the group. Top Managers are very accessible, easy to talk to, and patient. The best thing that Division-D brings to the table, however, is the camaraderie that exists among the team members.

Cons

Sometimes the free snacks stockpile gets a little a low, but other than that, not too much to complain about.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Continue to develop the training program.

2. "Growing company"

I have been working at Division-D full-time

Pros

-Great culture
    -Healthy commission structure
    -Promotes from within
    -Flexibility
    -Access to upper management
    -Travel opportunities for sales team
    -Strong training/mentoring program

Cons

-Days can be somewhat monotonous

"Media Buyer"

Current Employee - Media Buyer in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Media Buyer in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Division-D full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I absolutely loved the people I worked with every day. This is hands downs the best thing about Division D.

We also had great office activities, although at times they felt more like a gimmick to keep people happy when their day to day task did not.

The Media Buyers managers are pretty great, they are all really helpful and just wanted you to do your best. Even the managers that have now left and gone on to other things were pretty great!

Free snacks and causal dress code.

Great position to start right out of college, but the actual job task will get pretty repetitive after 18 months

Cons

Salary: The “strong base salary” that they mention in the interview is literally a joke. The uncapped commission is only relevant for AEs. As a media buyer we got “bonuses”, these bonus are very unrealistic and the only person meeting them on a consistent basis is the VP of Media Buying. The bonus structure for MBs needs to be reworked so it is actually benefiting the whole team. I am not saying the goals need to be lowered, but being on a percentage commission scale like the rest of the company would be nice.
    If the bonus structure stays as is I would not suggest this Media Buying position for anyone. They money is just not there for how hard we are worked.

Growth: This is a great entry level job to get your feet wet, but understand that is all it is an "entry level position". There is growth in the company as far as a great new title, but at the end of the day your day to day task will not change. You will still being doing cold calls and cold emails so don’t get confused when they say “growth potential” in your interviews. This is just not a long term job position; it's more of a starter job to your career. EVERY SINGLE PERSON in a senior or manger position as a Media Buyer has left the company under 2 years except for the VP of Media Buying, this should tell you everything you need to know about this position and the "growth opportunity".

Advice to Management

Change the Media Buyers pay structure or people are going to continue to quit.

Hold everyone to the same standard, and actually enforce a discipline plan for the people not preforming.

Media Buyers are currently placed on all "direct campaigns" that the Account Executives bring in. We work hard to get things delivered in full, yet we get none of the real profit that campaigns. It's pretty counterproductive for media buyers to work on the campaigns or even care if it preforms since we are not getting any of the actual profit, we get our "little" bonuses. Management needs to change this back before more people quit based on stress and low pay.

NOTE TO CANDIDATES: Look only at the reviews that management has responded too, those are the real ones, and not the ones padded by current employees for a better Glassdoor rating.

4. "media buyer"

I have been working at Division-D part-time

Pros

half work day on friday sometimes

Cons

salary is a little bit low

5. "Great Company to Work!"

I have been working at Division-D full-time

Pros

Great company culture and work/life balance

Cons

Keep up the good work!

6. "Amazing Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Division-D full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People, PTO, Snacks and Coffee, Whirlyball, Hours

Cons

Small Office (which is being expanded)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

7. "Account Executive"

I have been working at Division-D full-time

Pros

Awesome company culture with room for advancement. All of the managers started out in entry level roles so it's a great company that you can not only start your career at, but also grow within.

Lots of perks - half day Friday's, office lunches and happy hours, employee appreciate days. Definitely a good work hard/play hard environment.

Cons

Not many - this is a true sales role so it can be a bit of a grind. It's rewarding to see the client relationships built!

"Account Executive"

I worked at Division-D full-time

Pros

Most of the people there are fantastic. HR hires really dynamic, hardworking people. This position provides great experience for cold calling.

Cons

The training for the position was not complete and did not provide enough opportunity to role-play before getting on the phone. The interview does not provide an accurate representation of the work that will be completed. The sales are transactional rather than relationship based. There is a general attitude in the office that chatting is not encouraged and you need every minute of the work day to get your job done. They do have a work hard play hard mentality and this may work out if you don't like casual interactions throughout your work day.

Advice to Management

Encourage inter-office communication, both work related and not, to encourage employees to get to know each other. Employees stay in jobs and leave jobs based in large part on coworker relationships.

Division-D Response

Mar 27, 2017 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your feedback on Division-D. Our recruitment team seeks out dedicated individuals as we are committed to building a diverse and creative culture. Our team members are our greatest... More

9. "Great company, people & culture"

I worked at Division-D full-time

Pros

Outstanding leadership team that truly leads by example and pushes you to accomplish your personal and professional goals
    Great culture & opportunities to make a lot of money
    Fast paced industry...your work day flies by!

Cons

No cons to list here.

Advice to Management

No advice really. Keep doing what you're doing! I've worked at other companies, so I have the experience of knowing what other companies are like to work for. I think DD has a lot to offer.

"Decent work events but that's about it"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Division-D full-time

Pros

We occasionally did some fun things as an office, but that's about it. Besides that, I can't think of many pros.

Cons

First off, there seems to be positive reviews written right after a negative review is posted.

The pay is awful and the benefits aren't much better. It felt like it was frowned upon that I elected health insurance through the company.

The amount of outbound calls made every day are monitored to make sure you're hitting call quotas so you're basically a telemarketer. How can you build relationships with clients if you have to get through at least 40 calls a day? That's 5 calls an hour which leaves 12 minutes per conversation if the only thing you're doing is calling with no email follow-ups, writing up orders, etc. Oh, and you can't forget about leaving time to prospect.

The office was very quiet as people seemed to be discouraged from outside chatter

The training program was underwhelming

The internet issues made things all the more difficult

Advice to Management

Allow time for sales people to develop relationships with clients. It's a competitive market and quality sales are better than the quantity of sales.