Dunn-Edwards Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Karl Altergott

Pros
  • Great Company with amazing opportunities for personal and professional growth (in 9 reviews)

• Career Opportunities - People Development- Work Life Balance (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • If you get on the upper management bad side you will get fired quckly and unfairly (in 5 reviews)

• Little to no room for promotion or moving up in the company (in 3 reviews)

1. "Best products and people in the industry."

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Ventura, CA
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Ventura, CA

I have been working at Dunn-Edwards full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Going on 33 years now with this fabulous company. Started as delivery driver and have been a sales rep for over 15 years. Everyday still learning and growing! No joke here, architectural products keep getting better as technology advances while color still motivates consumers for that great new look. I look forward each year with the same enthusiasm when started, being the number one choice for professionals in the business.

Cons

Some of the stores have limited parking spaces.

Advice to Management

Do everything you can to hire talented people with the same vision for growth and opportunity.

2. "ASR"

Current Employee - ASR in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - ASR in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Dunn-Edwards full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Culture and Brand / Great People

Cons

No cons that I can think of

Advice to Management

Private

"Come Make The World A More Colorful Place"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Dunn-Edwards full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dunn Edwards has helped provide me the opportunity to make a difference with what I do each day. I have personally felt the impact of the values and beliefs that have been shared with me by the people that have helped make this company what it is. It's very rare in these days to find long tenured employees who still enjoy what they do. It is within those people that inspire me to come to work everyday. Dunn Edwards gives me the support I need to be the best I can be and and love what I do. I have never worked with such a team, from top to bottom, that has shown a genuine interest in me like Dunn Edwards has. From Day One, I have felt welcomed and supported from those around me.

I started out with the company 4 years ago. That was just the beginning. That was the first step in finding my purpose. Dunn Edwards has a way of finding the top talent from the workforce and has allowed the people it's hired, to contribute to it's success. There have been multiple managers that have been there to help me daily. My peers continue to push me to be better daily and to help our company grow as a whole. I have the privilege to pay it forward each day to my team. That just makes me want to come to work and make the world a more colorful place.

Cons

I wish I didn't wait so long to join this team.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing our people. The fact that you are deeply engaged in investing in your people is one of the best benefits that I have. My Management Team cares about me and wants to support me as I continue to grow my career. Thank you for all that you do. You guys are awesome!

5. "Passion and Hard Work Rewarded in Growing Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Dunn-Edwards full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A lot. Dunn-Edwards is the best place I've ever worked, bar none.

- Mature company, been around 91 years and still growing!
    - Industry leader. Really is the choice of painting professionals.
    - Company culture and family environment. People really care about you as an
       individual. Really a great bunch of people who care and look out for each other.
    - Innovation and hard work is rewarded. No politics, everyone just wants the
      company to be the best place to work and the best place to shop.
    - Every boss I've had has been a great mentor, providing excellent, caring
      guidance and have done a great job providing opportunities that improve my
      skill set.
    - Empowerment. Dunn-Edwards truly empowers their people. You are not
      micromanaged and are given the freedom to do your job and contribute on a
      grander level.
    - Opportunity! Been promoted three times in five years. If you are the right
     person for the job, you are rewarded. Not the old senority rules mindset here.

Cons

None really. Any are very minor and pale in comparison to the overwhelming positives of working for D-E.

Advice to Management

Market the brand more. Such a great story to tell, more people need to hear it!

"i'VE BUILT A CAREER WITH DUNN EDWARDS"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Stevenson Ranch, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Stevenson Ranch, CA

I have been working at Dunn-Edwards full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunities in every area. Career growth is only limited to your education, ability and drive. Corporation responsive to opinions and suggestions from store level. Consistent measurable improvements each year, stores opening at rate of 6+ per year. Work/life balance, tuition assistance, 70% of all non-entry level positions filled within internal employee base last year. Very good benefits package. Training, especially new hire training is second to none. President conducts in person yearly visits to every store in the chain.

Cons

Store employees required to conduct manual bi-yearly inventories.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow with short and long term real estate planning.

7. "Beyond Thankful"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Dunn-Edwards full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Career Opportunities - People Development- Work Life Balance

Cons

Jobs are only in West Coast

"Dunn Edwards the place to be"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Lawndale, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Lawndale, CA

I have been working at Dunn-Edwards full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Dunn Edwards is a great company with great people. I have been working for Dunn Edwards for 20 years. I started as a young man just looking for a job, what I discovered was a career. Dunn Edwards helped shape my future and brought stability to my life. As a 25 year old looking for more hours and better pay, I put an application in with Dunn Edwards. I started as a delivery driver and eventually moved up the ranks to become a store Manager. Managers I worked for taught me the skills I needed and the work ethic it took to become a store Manager. I loved the family atmosphere that Dunn Edwards provided as well as the opportunity to grow in my career. I also love the fact that Dunn Edwards likes to promote from within the organization. When I first arrived at Dunn Edwards I never thought it would be a career move, but between the people, atmosphere, and quality of products we deliver, it quickly became an easy decision. I love my job and the relationships I have built over the past 20 years and look forward to another 20 more.

Cons

I have no cons to mention, I love this job.

9. "Asst. Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Vista, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Vista, CA

I have been working at Dunn-Edwards full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work-life balance, room for growth and company is always looking for future potential associates.

Cons

Because its a paint store, during the rainy season the stores can be a little slow.

Advice to Management

None

"Great Place to Make a Difference!"

Current Employee - Manufacturing in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Manufacturing in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Dunn-Edwards full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Dunn-Edwards has a supportive environment that celebrates success. The company is just the right size - big enough to provide a stable foundation while also being small enough to respond to changing needs and allow individual employees to make a real difference.

Cons

If you're willing to put forward your best effort and support the team appropriately, there are few downsides to working here. The only people I've seen have a hard time succeeding are the ones that aren't willing to learn new skills and support team goals.

Advice to Management

Keep innovating and supporting employee efforts to make DE the best paint company!

"Editor, Color Marketing Manager"

Current Employee - Editor, Color Marketing Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Editor, Color Marketing Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Dunn-Edwards full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

good people who work hard
    allowed to create my own job description in some project areas

Cons

glass ceiling for women
    corporate office space needs to be redone. people want a nice, safe and clean place to come to work. the current office is unhealthy and if you want to stay late and work, the city is unsafe to stay late