EARNEST Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great experience"

Former Employee - Product Management in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Product Management in Atlanta, GA

I worked at EARNEST Partners full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The firm is the perfect place to establish a career. While various teams share many hats, the opportunities for exposure to different parts of a buy-side firm are boundless.

Cons

There are no specific cons to working at EARNEST Partners. There are great people there!

Advice to Management

There is no specific advice for the management team. I wish everyone the best of luck!

2. "No work life balance"

I have been working at EARNEST Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent salary, friendly employees, looks good on resume. Some senior members of management are very hands on and willing to coach you,

Cons

No work-life balance. Expected to work (i.e respond to email, submit documents) after hours, on weekends, and holidays, after putting in 10 hour days.

Advice to Management

Understand employees have lives outside of Earnest Partners, and respect their PTO. Work harder to create a culture where employees feel valued and not like commodities.

3. "EP"

Pros

Earnest partners is in a great location by Piedmont Park, and the provided parking is a great perk on weekends. Everyone is very friendly and inviting. Casual attitude and atmosphere.

Cons

Strict dress code requires all male employees wear a full suit all day regardless of position. This seemed unnecessary.

4. "Upgrade to neutral if you're not terribly ambitious"

Pros

Work-life balance is great, if you know what you're doing there is never an excuse to stay past 6pm. Benefits are very fair. For the most part everyone there's a good person.

Cons

Agree with most of the above negative comments. Probably an ok place to start right out of college, but past a certain point you're going to have to leave if you want any kind of career development. Poor management of expectations sometimes masquerades as "entrepreneurial," so you'd better be sure you have a realistic idea what you're going to achieve. Flat structure often confuses who is responsible when something goes wrong, which happens far too often given the firm's AUM. I was always amazed how out of touch managers, directors, and partners could be, especially since they normally sit a cubicle or two away.

Advice to Management

Invest in employees, we can't all be temp-to-perm.

"Never so glad to leave a job..."

Pros

Some of the people were nice. Beyond that, I have no positive experiences from working here.

Cons

Despite what one or two other reviews say, neither the pay nor the work/life balance were great, particularly given the level of work. I have never felt quite so undervalued in a job, particularly where I was working 12+ hour days.

Levels of management vary from group-to-group - some groups had very little guidance from their manager (as another review says, this is labelled at the firm as "entrepreneurial", while others were micro-managed to the most ridiculous extent.

Management protected certain employees for reasons little more than nepotism, and allowed them to get away with just about anything, while other employees were treated very poorly by those who were protected.

Another former employee I still talk to recently described the atmosphere as "brutal". I don't disagree with that - expectations are unrealistically high of some people.

Advice to Management

Invest in your junior employees, and develop their skills. Don't practice nepotism in the workplace. More PTO would be nice, too.

6. "If you are willing to learn and go above and beyond, which we all should ....game on"

I have been working at EARNEST Partners full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Co. is small, entrepreneurial and dynamic. There are not layers and layers of red tape to accomplish big ideas or goals

Cons

we all have a lot expected of us...however, there is likely a direct correlation to its successes over many years now

"I wouldn't work for this firm again and wouldn't recommend people to work there."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at EARNEST Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The offices are nice and the hours are reasonable. I never had to work after hours. The neighborhood is decent. It is reasonably safe. There is a park near by and many apartment rentals available. I can't think of anything else that are pros.

Cons

Employees had to take turns cleaning the kitchen. The employee turn over rates were high. Many people come and go within 1 year. No learning opportunity. The pay is not very good for some people. Someone had to get a second job at a supermarket.

Advice to Management

Good luck.

"Great first out-of-college job for resume building. Otherwise, keep looking elsewhere."

Former Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at EARNEST Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to wear a suit and tie to work. Every single day of the year. Regardless of how much you make.
    Great work/life balance. This is like a post office/government job. Working hard doesn't get you rewards.

Cons

- Low Pay
    - Low Motivation
    - Very few advancement opportunities. Most people just come in for a year or two, or until they find another job. Only few departments, which all consist of "directors" are worth being in.. but most likely, you are better off working at a larger firm in Atlanta.
    - Company peddling same products. Even the investment/trading team has been turned into marketing (apologies... "product development") team. 100s of stocks, and only 10 people to keep track of all of them (actually, some "employees" are just listed on the website, very few people have actually seen them)? The company doesn't foresee what is going to happen to your investments in the future, it 'acts' after your investment have dropped. Which doesn't help customers.

Advice to Management

Expand! Offering same products for ever, while trying to cut costs, rarely helps companies grow. At some point, your clients will catch on that you're charging them the yearly .75% for stocks you've held for 10 years...
    Treat your employees right. The firm is small enough to be able to do 'team building' activities more often than once a year.

9. "cons and pros"

Former Employee - Analyst
    Former Employee - Analyst

Pros

good environment to learn, good for entry level

Cons

co-workers are cold, do not communictae much

Advice to Management

be closer to your employees. It would be nice