EDSI Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kevin Schnieders

Pros
  • Work /Life balance is critical to the success of EDSI's future (in 9 reviews)

• The flex schedule is also awesome (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • I honestly can say I do not have anything negative to say about the company (in 3 reviews)

• The Corporate office is the epitome of Nepotism (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at EDSI full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

EDSI fosters a positive culture that begins with our CEO and ripples throughout the entire company. Staff are passionate about their work and deeply care for the population they serve. Over the years I've witnessed the company expand and they've done a great job with maintaining a "family owned" feel.

Cons

That we cannot reach out and serve everyone who may be in need of our services.

Advice to Management

Safeguard our Core Values of Show Up, Smile and Support as the company continues to expand.

2. "Review"

I have been working at EDSI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Every other Friday off. Annual raise based on performance. Holidays off.

Cons

Company is based in Michigan so not in location I work in.

3. "Community Liaison"

Current Employee - Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at EDSI full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, swing schedule with Monday's or Friday's off. The CEO seems to really care about the employees and their suggestions.

Cons

Too much downtime, the raises should higher, management should have one coherent voice. Can't really move up unless you have worked here for years and if there is a opening in another state.

Advice to Management

Consolidate departments

"Career Advisor"

I have been working at EDSI full-time

Pros

Meaningful work helping people with career guidance and securing employment. Corporate really cares about the well-being of staff across the country. Flex program provides some scheduling flexibility.

Cons

Lower salary and not great 401k options.

Advice to Management

Provide more room for advancement.

6. "Driven, Supportive Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at EDSI full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

EDSI offers a supportive, positive environment to work. My experience with my direct boss has been outstanding.
    Benefits include HSA and FSA plans, flex scheduling, and 401k.
    Those I work around are talented, focused, and fun. I truly see my team members as family!
    Being an ISO 9001 certified company helps create a work environment that has structured work flows and ongoing improvements.
    Opportunities are shared internally, which allows for organic growth of existing talent.

Cons

Some programs are dependent on funders/state funding with limitations, however this is the nature of the line of work.
    The benefit plan has expanded recently which is great. The investment options for 401k could be better.

Advice to Management

Keep the "open door concept" for supervisors, managers, and leaders.
    Continue to and consider allowing more autonomy locally so managers can be more flexible to local conditions/funder needs.

7. "This is the best company I have ever worked for and I have worked in 9 others previously."

Current Employee - Workforce Pograms Manager
    Current Employee - Workforce Pograms Manager

I have been working at EDSI full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

EDSI offers the best of both worlds: serving others in a professional work environment while offering a schedule that promotes a great life/work balance. If you enjoy giving back to your community, this is an excellent company to work for. The wages earned are very good with the opportunity to receive merit increases on a yearly basis. Helping others is the focus of the company and it is reflected not only in the everyday work, but also through the charitable events and programs that team members are engaged in on a regular basis. The flex tour program in combination with the paid time off accrual, paid holidays and regular work schedule; offers team members the opportunity to spend quality time with their families. EDSI has a good benefit package and a company match program for your 401k. Also, team members are recognized for their efforts/hire date anniversaries/birthdays/holidays by receiving emails, greetings cards, gift cards, free gifts, and free meals -fun perk! There are a lot of opportunities for growth and opportunities to lend one's talents to start up new programs, as well.

Cons

This is really difficult for me to answer because there isn't anything that I would say is a "con". There is always an open line of communication within the organization. We all have the ability to influence change through the continuous improvement program. Anything ideas or suggestions that we have for improvement, we are able to submit to our home office for review and discussion.

Advice to Management

Within this organization, you have an open line of communication all the way through to the CEO. Any advice that anyone has should have been/should be discussed with any of the leaders that bare available to us on a daily basis. Professionalism, resourcefulness and integrity are important qualities for success and should be utilized when team members are experiencing difficult situations. My advice to management: Please keep up the great work!

8. "Instructor"

Current Employee - Job Readiness Instructor in Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Job Readiness Instructor in Chester, PA

I have been working at EDSI full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Promotes professional growth by encouraging employees to take ownership of the programs they work in allowing staff to take risks and put new ideas and concepts to work. Great team building through solid hiring practices. Diversity. Flex scheduling is on the top of the "pros" list.

Cons

No carry over of time off. Down to the wire of December 31st to use those "just in case" days that are saved.

9. "Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Career Coach in Norristown, PA
    Current Employee - Career Coach in Norristown, PA

Pros

Flex Schedule, great coworkers, doing work that makes you feel good. If you are connected with the right people, you can really go places.

Cons

Too many managers/supervisors/bosses and raises don't happen often.

10. "Bilingual Recruiter"

Current Employee - Bilingual Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Bilingual Recruiter in New York, NY

Pros

Flex days, health insurance good life balance

Cons

Poorly educated senior and mid level management

Advice to Management

Be professional

"Instructor"

Former Employee - Training and Assessment Specialist/Instructor/Recruiter in Bridgeport, PA

I worked at EDSI (More than a year)

Pros

Community service/team building activities on holidays that the office is open were a lot of fun.

Cons

Hiring process is long and drawn out, by the time they make an offer you aren't even sure you are in the running any more.