EDSI Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3
Kevin Schnieders

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There is great work life balance (in 11 reviews)

• The flex schedule is also awesome (in 13 reviews)

Cons

1. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at EDSI part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've worked with EDSI since 2009, and I've been promoted 4 times. The great thing is that if you are willing to work hard, learn all that you can about your position, and have a natural ability to be emphatic and compassionate, you will do great! The work-life balance has been wonderful, and there is no excuse not to take a vacation; the time is available, especially if you continue your employment with EDSI. I've worked in 3 offices, and have met wonderful people that I've kept in touch with over the years. EDSI goes above and beyond to learn your communication style so that you can be successful.

Cons

You have to be willing to travel or relocate, if you are interested in getting promoted.

Advice to Management

None at this time.

Oct 24, 2017 – Talent Team

Thanks for showing up, smiling and supporting for the past eight years! We're glad that EDSI continues to be a great place to work, and that your life-work balance feels great. We are always... More

2. "Team Lead"

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at EDSI full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

EDSI is very flexible and willing to work with staff on time off and helping to keep a family friendly atmosphere. Yearly increases are very high for the human service industry. CEO is GREAT! Very attentive and truly caring individual.

Cons

Not a lot of advancement opportunities, unless you want to be a manager and relocate. Staff development/training, especially for leaders, should be created. Tend to overwork employees that excel and under performing staff will be placed on performance plans but never let go.

Advice to Management

Come up with standard practices for employees under performing and inform management/supervisors. Create training for all positions/offices for new hires. More direct interactive in person training, rather than online webinars.

3. "Review"

I have been working at EDSI full-time

Pros

They will never fire you

Cons

Some manager don't have any idea off what they are doing.

Advice to Management

Management need a training in how to be leaders, how to communicate effectively with different kind of people.

Sep 26, 2017 – Talent Team

Thanks for your feedback. We think we have a great team here.

We know that our people are our most important resource, and we are always working to provide personal and professional development... More

4. "ReEntry Services"

I have been working at EDSI full-time

Pros

Helping individuals overcome their backgrounds. FLEX days. Great people to work with.

Cons

Leadership in this office has a lot of improvement to work on. Provide educational opportunities for staff to continue to grow. Really understand the programs and the population we work with overall before making decisions that will impact the services we provide to our clients.

Sep 26, 2017 – Talent Team

Thank you for providing your feedback. We take these reviews and suggestions to heart. We always aim to provide meaningful development and educational opportunities for our staff to continue to grow... More

5. "I started with EDSI 7/1/2010 as a Career Navigator and now I'm a Program Manager."

Current Employee - Program Manager in Hazleton, PA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Hazleton, PA

I have been working at EDSI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

EDSI has given me the opportunity to grow not only as a worker, but also as an individual. EDSI has given me the options of going to other locations and lean about other programs, which has helped me to advance to become a manager. Overall EDSI is a great company to work for and they offer its workers the ability to advance throughout the company as much as you would wish to do so.

Cons

None that I can think of at this time

Aug 23, 2017 – Talent Team

:). Happy to hear you are having a good experience at EDSI!

6. "Excellent professional development opportunities"

I worked at EDSI full-time

Pros

Caring staff, flexible work schedules, upper management is intuitive, smart and genuinely cares about staff and developing professionals.

Cons

Works with difficult-to-service populations that can be draining to some; high chance of burnout for some personality types.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in training opportunities

Jul 25, 2017 – Human Resources Assistant

Thanks for your positive feedback. We are thrilled to know you felt supported during your time at EDSI.

"No place quite like it"

I have been working at EDSI full-time

Pros

Everything about this company is kind, accessable, transparent, and supportive. Even though the work is based upon contracts, EDSI jumps through hoops to show employees how much they care.

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent, open to new ideas, and supportive as you already are!

Sep 26, 2017 – Talent Team

It's great to hear that you are feeling how much we care. :)

8. "The Most Socially Intelligent and Kind Company Around!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

EDSI is a place where living the core values truly is rewarding. From our fearless leader to each of our offices around the company, ethics and kindness comes first. If you do great work, and treat others well, it is rewarded. There is also accountability to drive results and ensure our clients are receiving the best of the best. It is truly a culture that is awesome to see in action, and where people who "get" the culture thrive. After being here, I could not imagine spending 1/3 of my life anywhere else!

Cons

Absolutely none. With any company, focusing on communication is key to ensure the right people are called on to present solutions and support one another.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, connect more people to the "big picture" to increase communication.

9. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at EDSI full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Values are very important to the company. Supporting each other is most important. The CEO is always there to offer his support as well. I feel grateful to work for such a great company

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

None

10. "EDSI is a fantastic company! I love everything from the company culture to the enthusiasm of my colleagues."

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at EDSI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent customer service, Corporate office is wonderful and so helpful! Availability of training, staff development, and supportive management/leadership team.

Cons

Honestly can not think of any.