EdgeWave Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Louis Ryan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fun fast moving long term company"

Current Employee - Network Support Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Network Support Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at EdgeWave full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Cutting edge stable high-tech

Cons

Proprietary difficult tools and hardware

Advice to Management

Pay increase

2. "secretart"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at EdgeWave (More than 3 years)

Pros

good fun place to work

Cons

poor pay. need better benefits.

3. "Office staff"

Pros

Good support of the staff

Cons

No maternity leave policy for staff

Advice to Management

Institute a paid maternity leave policy

"Love the energy"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at EdgeWave full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's some new leadership that is passionate about the success of this company. You now have people in place that are actually rolling up their sleeves and leading by example. We have realistic and attainable goals in place and leadership jumping on the phones and helping me close deals. The mood is undeniably positive. I look forward to work in the morning!

Cons

There's someone not refilling the coffee maker after taking the last cup. I have to wait a full year to park in the garage?

Advice to Management

Finally!!

"Going Down the Tubes"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at EdgeWave full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Casual dress code. Great engineers.

Cons

I don't know where to start. Executive team is really disconnected from the majority of the staff.. During my time there I witnessed multiple layoffs while executive staff continued giving themselves promotions and raises. The company has scattered goals that seem to be always changing, making said goals unattainable. Everyone is continuously on edge about how much longer they will be working there, and it's always a topic of conversation at the cool "company happy hour" and all company holiday parties (which are always in the office building itself). I'm not sure how they are still in business at this point, because the sales staff never meets their goals.

Advice to Management

Hire more engineers. Do better marketing. Take care of your people.

"An Honest Assessment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at EdgeWave full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-It is a startup environment, some people may enjoy that and some may not (see cons). Personally I enjoy the startup mentality. It is a lot of work but remember you are working with some of the best people the industry can offer.

- Little to no disconnect between the executive management and everyone else. The CEO of the company will literally walk by your cube, ask how you're doing, and if there's anything he can do to help . If you have a question, feel free to ask! There is definitely a sense of unity and that we are all on one team.

- The company does biweekly events outside the office to help strengthen the bonds between employees.

- The executive team sees your potential and truly wants you to succeed in your position. They are always there to help if you have questions.

Cons

- It is a start-up so expect to put in a lot of work.

- What you are working on today may not be what you work on next week. If you are very resistant to change then this would be unsettling for you. But if you enjoy the scenic route, new and exciting things, then you'll find your home here.

Advice to Management

Would be nice to bring back the morning huddles with the entire Sales & Marketing team.

"A Toxic Mess"

Pros

Nothing, other than the very few people left who are pleasant to work with. Convenient location, and a microbrewery just opened across the street.

Cons

Wow, where to even begin? I would give them no stars if I could. Executive management is either extremely delusional, incompetent, or both. Constant lies to the staff have become a daily, if not hourly, occurrence. The company is and has been dying a slow death, but the execs continue to tow the company line by saying there is great leadership and great products. Please. Multiple RIFs in 2015 will tell you otherwise. The ever-changing company strategy has very much hurt the company instead of driving the growth the Board so de$ires. Just take a look at their website - can you say you know what they really do? Web filter? Spam blocker? Network security? Who knows! Don't even bother looking at the Magic Quadrant. EdgeWave doesn't participate because it costs money, period the end.

Advice to Management

Please stop promoting yourselves after laying off the hard-working "little people".

8. "A 20 year start-up"

Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

I have been working at EdgeWave full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A good company to work for. As the title implies there are always change with a start-up and sometimes turnover creates perceived issues. The reality is that this company has a great product and pays well enough to deal with any issues that arise.

Cons

All companies have issues and this one is no different. A little top heavy and that creates a lot of change, hold on as this is a ride.

Advice to Management

Try to develop more structure and decide a direction for the company. Too much change, and with such frequency you will lose employees, or get bad glassdoor reviews.

"EdgeWave"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, CA

I worked at EdgeWave (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent new VP Sales and VP Channels and outstanding, experienced Security analysts and professionals who have joined the team

Cons

Highly competitive marketplace when EdgeWave is trying to reinvent itself. Needs to bolster field based presence in both direct and channel sales

"I'd keep looking.... Not sure if they're going to make the cut..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at EdgeWave (More than a year)

Pros

Most employees are pleasant, building is nice.

Cons

They are trying to gain a foothold in a very competitive market and do not appear to have the resources they need to stay the course. The product(s) are not the best and some use outdated technologies. There have been frequent layoffs where employees were told it was not performance related but simply a reduction in workforce which was followed by hiring another high level executive. Nepotism runs rampant there as does an affinity for ex-military personnel. The entire upper Management are close friends or ex-military buddies of the CEO.

Advice to Management

It's not alright to blow up people's careers by hiring/firing without any advance notice or legitimate reason(s). This leaves people with families and home responsibilities scrambling and puts holes their resumes that need to be explained as they attempt to move on. Get your resources in order, then bring employees on board that you plan to invest in and want to provide opportunities for.