Elixirr Reviews | Glassdoor

Elixirr Reviews

Updated Oct 17, 2019

4.5
Elixirr CEO Stephen Newton (no image)
Stephen Newton

"The challenger consultancy"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Elixirr full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing culture, client interaction at all levels, lots of learning and development opportunities

Cons

Small firm, very little supporting infrastructure, few people spread across the globe

Elixirr2019-06-12
  2. "Trailblazing!"

Current Employee - Principal in New York, NY

I have been working at Elixirr full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot of creative people, hard working and from all walks of life. Industry people, consultant backgrounds, newbies.... Using 21st century tools and knowledge to get things done. Speed of solution with extremely good quality is commonplace

Cons

It's all good! Keep doing what you're doing and forge ahead

Advice to Management

Indaba was a blast (new hire orientation). Highly educational, fun, intense and came out a believer in the mission of Elixirr

Elixirr2019-01-18
  3. "Positive and challenging work environment!"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Elixirr full-time

Pros

I joined approximately 6 months ago and it has been nothing but an incredible experience. Joining from the US, I had the opportunity to start in there London office for my first 3 months - international experience right from the start was a definite plus! Everyone was very welcoming and made an effort to get to know you both during and outside of work hours. Upon joining the firm, you will be invited to a... retreat-like event that is intended to fully immerse you into the company as well as have you engage in a variety of team bonding activities. I found this to be a great way to get outside my comfort zone and meet people at all levels of the firm. You'll also have the opportunity to have one-on-one casual conversations with the CEO during this event. Overall, I've had a great experience at Elixirr so far and am consistently challenged to improve my skills through not only the interesting projects I've worked on, but by my fellow peers!

Cons

To align with their 'entrepreneurial' culture, they do not provide any training. It's more of a 'learn as you go' environment, however I do think they should have some sort of upfront training so that we know what the expectations are.

Advice to Management

Provide transparency on staffing

Elixirr2019-01-18

"Intriguing work, leadership needs to shift priorities"

I have been working at Elixirr full-time

Pros

Great work life balance. Project teams try to cultivate a family oriented attitude, treating each other with respect and valuing all perspectives/opinions.

Cons

Some folks tend to cling onto old-corporate habits and defer back to "how we did it at XYZ company." Let's start thinking about things the Elixirr way.

Advice to Management

Focus on diversity and inclusion initiatives. Your leadership is looking pretty stiff, an all white, male board of director and senior leadership is a huge turn off to many young, colored and female professionals, and even clients.

Elixirr2018-05-14
  5. "Great people poorly treated"

Former Employee - Analyst in London, England

I worked at Elixirr full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bright, fun and energetic people (particularly at the lower levels)

Cons

Awful management of the people, treated poorly hence the high staff turnover

Advice to Management

Treat people how you wish to be treated - working hours, salary, bonus etc

Elixirr2019-10-17
  6. "From Consultant to Manager, a thoroughly good experience"

Former Employee - Manager in London, England

I worked at Elixirr full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some really interesting clients and a great, smart team. You are given full autonomy and the brand has a really good standing in the market.

Cons

I was more specialised than most of the team and this meant, unfortunately, I was not able to focus in my area as much as I'd have liked.

Advice to Management

Engage more of the partners to get involved in the firm.

Elixirr2019-08-05

"Thoroughly positive!"

I have been working at Elixirr full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been at Elixirr for less than a year, and my experience has been nothing but positive so far. I am constantly impressed by the support, collaborative culture and driven, proactive work ethic of all employees here. As an analyst you are constantly challenged on new projects, new industries and learning new skills. Within your first few months, new joiners of all levels are taken away on an immersive 2-day away... trip to a special location. This is a unique chance to get to know the firm, its background, partners and culture, whilst also completing a number of challenging activities in teams and building relationships with senior members of the firm away from the work environment - something which I believe is quite unique to Elixirr.

Cons

Whilst not implementing a fully-fledged training programme, I think the firm could benefit from a few more structured induction sessions for new joiners, covering the key themes and basic principles to help analysts best position themselves from an early stage.

Elixirr2019-01-22

"Very Positive Experience"

I have been working at Elixirr full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined the firm as an intern, before being offered a job full time as an analyst. The application process was extremely dynamic and fast paced, unlike that of many other consultancy firms. My internship was a similarly positive experience which allowed me to get a sense of the multi-faceted approach of Elixirr, and its wide range of projects. During the break between finishing my internship and starting as a... full-time analyst, I was kept up to date with company activity, and was even invited to the Christmas party! Now, two weeks in to my role as an analyst, I have been overwhelmed by not only the calibre of my colleagues, but also their willingness to help me despite their individual workloads. I would recommend joining this company to anyone!

Cons

The speed at which the application process progresses is both a positive and a negative, in that it was pleasing to have an offer in place before Christmas, but very little notice was given before assessment days and interviews, with the result that rearranging pre-existing plans might be necessary.

"Definitely recommended!"

I have been working at Elixirr full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are the best part! The culture and variety of work are fantastic.

Cons

Some minor growing pains as the company is ramping up growth.

"Great start"

Intern in London, England

I worked at Elixirr for less than a year

Pros

I was able to do meaningful work as opposed to religios excel. Although I hear some of my peers within the company were not as fortunate. My immediate superiors and colleagues were really helpful and sweet. I have learned a lot.

Cons

The rest of the company outside my department seems really overworked, stressed and understaffed. Perhaps I am getting the wrong picture. The social culture is pretty much non-existent though.

Elixirr2018-07-21