Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Dr. John Watret

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "low pay,limited hours and days (8 to 3 Monday through Friday)" (in 12 reviews)

• "On site food is terrible, pay is not competitive, some of the upper management is too focused on profit to see actual problems" (in 10 reviews)

1. "Good pay for student"

Pros

Lots of different job opportunities

Cons

better scheduled for students

2. "Good place go be at"

Pros

An amazing school with an amazing opportunities

Cons

Weather during summer is a bit too hot

3. "Veterans Affairs Counselor"

I worked at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University full-time

Pros

Management had an open door policy and would go above and beyond to help employees. Salary increases each year. Paid winter break and paid holidays. Sick days and personal leave were all in the same pot so your PL would accumulate quickly. People were great.

Cons

Working in a cubicle with no face-to-face interaction with students. This was with the Worldwide Campus so all communication was done via telephone and e-mail.

4. "Okay employer if you get the right campus director"

I have been working at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits
    Personal leave accrual rate amazing
    I love what I do and getting to work with students one on one and guide them through their academic careers is extremely fulfilling. The adjusted summer schedule is amazing.

Cons

Workload over bearing at campus location with low pay
    No checks and balances for campus directors.

Advice to Management

There needs to be more checks and balances put on campus directors. While many may follow the rules, some do not. Unfortunately our director has delegated all responsibilities to campus assistants, is not in the office half of the time, and when in the office, refuses to answer phones or have any dealings with students. While he/she is supposed to be marketing and recruiting, and the face of our campus, all events are covered by the campus assistant. Our director is a figure head only! By not having checks and balances for campus directors , you are giving them free rain to delegate all their responsibilities to their employees while being able to sit at home and collect a paycheck while you think they are actually in the office working. There needs to be some sort of monitoring of campus directors, their duties, and individual workloads of each employee at the campus.

"I have learned a lot..."

Pros

- Great benefits package, education included for full-time
    - University has a great reputation
    - There are a lot of passionate students

Cons

- Not a lot of upward mobility, unless you can move
    - There are a lot of expectations but not always the resources to support them
    - Salary is not location based
    - There isn't really training for directors/managers

Advice to Management

I have learned a lot in my position; I was hired with little college advising experience. That being said, for the amount of responsibility I now have and the operations I have to oversee, my salary would be much higher at a community or local college. The salary range is not appropriate for where we are and if something happened to my partner, I would have to leave the area or find another job.

6. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working at Embry-Riddle. The people are amazing. The students are a pleasure to work with (most of the time). The amount of Personal Leave is great. The adjusted summer schedule that gives you Fridays off is awesome. The interview to hire process also was very quick which is appreciated.

Cons

Not any that I can think of.

7. "employee"

I have been working at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University full-time

Pros

management is good at this job

Cons

nothing bad here to say

8. "Tuesday, July 24th, 2018"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Coronado, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Coronado, CA

I have been working at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The university boasts a very generous and competitive benefits package including healthcare, dental, vision, retirement matching, health savings account, and an optional summer schedule (you can elect to work four ten-hour days rather than five eight-hour days). As an employee, tuition for a certain number of classes per year is free. The university also provides an abundance of professional development training free of cost to employees.

Cons

As higher education continues to evolve and the demand for online education increases, staff at some physical locations suffer when employees transition to other jobs. The positions they vacated are not immediately, or ever refilled, which creates a heavier workload for the remaining staff.

Advice to Management

Consider building capacity for higher cost marketing and outreach efforts in more expensive advertising locations.

9. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Graduate Student Assistant (WW Admissions) in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best place to work (worldwide headquarters) professional environment and friendly employees
    Flexible hours to adjust the classes

Cons

None to state at this moment

10. "Student Assistant Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The flexibility of work hours is a great advantage.
    Due to low workload you have time to commit to other obligations (homework, other jobs, etc.)

Cons

Depending on your supervisor, you might have a really bad experience working here.