Employbridge Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 9, 2019

3.4
Tom Bickes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Values employees and family first motto" (in 14 reviews)

• "While we work hard, we also stress work/life balance and try to ensure that everyone balances their work life and personal life" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "No work-life balance, job is very demanding, no time for family & friends" (in 7 reviews)

• "Very little room for growth; received little to no support at the branch level; average company with average perks" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Excellent company to work for"

I have been working at Employbridge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility, growth opportunities and compensation.

Cons

Growth can take time to attain

Feb 7, 2019 – Digital Media Specialist

Thanks so much for the 5-star review, we're glad we've provided you with great customer service and could help you with your job search. Don't forget to refer your friends and family to us! If you... More

2. "Great company but I feel things are not really improving"

Current Employee - Personnel Supervisor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Personnel Supervisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Employbridge full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Family first motto. A company with integrity. Bonuses available . Company Laptop and cell phone. Trips for conferences and training. Tuition reimbursements.

Cons

Huge work load with little reward and wages do not seem competitive enough. Many changes are made which is fine but it doesn’t seem to improve much. Our system, with all the updates made, they still don’t seem to work as efficiently as it should. For example, calling from the lists of our job postings is horrific. We’d like to ensure the applicant is qualified but any time we open a profile and go back to the applicant list, the page closes out and we have to go back into the order, then to the postings and then to the applicant list.

Our PTO hours accrual has changed too. We were once able to accrue a certain amount of hours based on tenor. For example 1-2 year = max 120 hour, 3-5 = 150 hours, etc. Now they have been tapped out to 120 hours for everyone.

The branch I work with seems to have too many chiefs. From the BDM, to the payroll/compliance clerk. Everyone seems to be managing others. It’s starting to make us all feel micromanaged. We’re given verbal praises as a team yet there doesn’t seem to be much reward. For a company that Likes to give the impression that we’re growing financially, they sure seem to be taking a lot away from the employees that are making this growth happen. I’m starting to feel disappointed in this company and what I loved about it

3. "Okay Place to Work for short-term"

Former Employee - Search and Support Coordinator in Bloomington, IN
    Former Employee - Search and Support Coordinator in Bloomington, IN

I worked at Employbridge part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to increase hourly wage

Cons

Supervisors are always monitoring you. Very demanding with their work expectations. Personally, I felt as though I were treated as a child. You are always on the phone literally every second. If you don't answer 5 in a workday you are penalized. The work environment is toxic and unprofessional. I would not advice my own friends to work there. There has been a change in management in the past year. Sadly, it changed for the worst. I use to like working there, but at the end I dreaded going to work.

4. "Select Staffing Merger"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Employbridge full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you worked for EmployBridhge you had no worries

Cons

If you worked for Select Staffing you were. It’s kikely going to be unemployed.

Mar 19, 2019 – Reputation Management

5. "Good Place to Work"

Pros

Travel, organized, good benefits, good people on top

Cons

Overworked, some top leadership is elitist

Mar 19, 2019 – Reputation Management

6. "Not a bad Company"

Current Employee - Driver Relations in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Driver Relations in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Employbridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Pros working here:

- Very Flexible when it comes to work life balance.
    - The President of the company makes you want to stay here forever. Very
       Humble guy.
    - Not a demanding environment.
    - Great Driver Roster (They give so much love).

Cons

-Management can be better when it comes to one on ones and having difficult conversations.
    -Accruing PTO. (I wish they can give you your PTO in the beginning).
    -Can be very judgmental sometimes.

Advice to Management

To offer one on ones for growth. Treat everyone equal. Really live up to the core values. Hire more people to fit the core values.

7. "Great opportunities, if you work for it."

Current Employee - Corporate Professional in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Corporate Professional in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Employbridge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family oriented, they live the values they preach (mostly).

Offices are handled at a local level so it feels like a small business with a ton of corporate support.

Upper management and leadership are great!! They treat everyone as if they are family and listen.

Cons

There are bad apples in every company and this one is not the exception. They usually get pushed out eventually but not always.

Health benefits are not terrible but could definately use some love.

Hard to get a raise. Bonuses are okay but not dependable.

Advice to Management

Overall: Keep it up!!

Look into a better bonus structure. I know it's hard to give raises but allow superstars to get more money.

Jan 23, 2019 – Director of Digital Operations

Thanks for the great review! Happy to hear you are enjoying your job and the company. We're looking forward to great things in 2019!

8. "Good job for college student"

I worked at Employbridge full-time

Pros

Good co workers, supportive leadership, paid holidays, set schedule, great job for college students

Cons

work can be stressful, a LOT of micromanagement (as required by corporate -- most leadership disagreed with these policies), work day DRAGS

Jan 21, 2019 – Director of Digital Operations

"Branch Manager"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Employbridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Where do I begin? I will keep this very very short. There was not a single pro. Worst company. Stay away. Working for their other divisions might have been better. But their merger with Select Staffing... ouch. Extremely low low end type staffing.

Cons

More cons... management is a joke! They do not practice what they preach. Leadership is terrible. No guidance.. and the best part is the brand you will represent which supposedly is the largest industrial staffing company has no merit to those you are trying to persuade to use you over the 100 other staffing agencies that do the same thing! Maybe even better. Total commodity and the management oh my goodness is is so old school been in the game for years and are not open to any new ideas.

Advice to Management

Get all the old Select Staffing tenure folk out of there!! When EB bought them they should of laid these crooks off. If you want to really become the largest staffing company in the US, think about cleaning house.

Jan 21, 2019 – Director of Digital Operations

Thanks for the candid feedback, we’re sorry you didn’t have a positive experience during your time at EmployBridge but we will pass it along to the leadership level.

"You have to be a part of their clique"

Current Employee - Search Specialist in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Search Specialist in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Employbridge (More than a year)

Pros

good benefits and paid time off.

Cons

You have to be part of their clique to be promoted or given raises. Raises are non existent overall, People promoted are not necessarily the right person for the job, and do not have the experience or maturity for the position.

Advice to Management

Promote for hard work and ability, not your BFF.

Jan 23, 2019 – Director of Digital Operations

Thanks for the candid feedback. Sorry to hear you've had some frustrations locally. We will forward it along to leadership to take a look at.