"My Biggest mistake in life. Huge disapointment."

1.0
     in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Really there is nothing to mention over here, but still I must agree that they do not force you to sit beyond 6:30 PM, and if you come late in the morning then nobody asks... (given that you finish your work ontime). Other than that, sorry I have nothing to share. This company may be considered as good for someone who is not getting any job anywhere else and for fresher’s (maybe).

Cons

I can mention as many cons as you want: 1. Salary and Package Stuff: Let's take an example you are working in an organisation as a Software Engineer, you are earning 6 Lac/Annum and having experience of 3 Years in IT. You cleared Accenture interview process (which is generally a cake walk). HR will extend an offer to you. HR will make every possible try to fool you. If you ask for Senior Software Engineer (SSE) Designation, HR will say as per company policy the minimum criterion for SSE is 3.5 Years so we cannot give you. If you ask for money, let’s say 25% hike, HR will say we cannot give that because it will be beyond their standards for a Software Engineer and they cannot go against the policy, but what we can do for you as an exception is that: we can give you the same package along with Joining Bonus which is 10% of Base (60,000) and 18% of variable pay. Variable pay will be payable 2 times (after 6 months). Variable pay also depends upon performance but Accenture is known for giving 100% variable pay to their employees without any deductions. After this most of the people become the prey of HR and join Accenture, but the truth is something different. Read point 2. 2. This is true that you will get joining bonus in the first month salary. But the variable pay will be give only 8% (not 18%) for 1 year. This is based on the default rating as per Accenture. No matter how good you perform, you are not going to get your 100% variable pay. Example: Let's say you are eligible for 1 Lac Rs in 1 Year as your variable pay. You should be getting this in two parts 50,000 each (assuming you are a good performer and company is also performing well). You will be shocked to see not more than 24,000 Rs after 6 Months (you were expecting 50,000 Rs). This is company policy. HR will not tell you this at the time of joining. You will feel like cheated and surely disappointed. 3. You can find a SSE earning less than a SE and also some SSE earning more than a TL level person. Nothing at all standardised. 4. Promotions: Promotions solely depends upon your relation with your manager. Any similarity whatsoever with your good performance is purely coincidental. I have seen extremely good people having experience of 5.5 Years at SE level also. Such people are just prey of internal politics. I really feel sad for those chaps. 5. If you were on bench for some time, say 2 months, forget about variable pay. Continuing the above example you are not going to get more than 14,000 (in any case). 6. BEWARE: If you are joining Accenture Gurgaon just only for the Gurgaon location, then this is highly likely that you can soon be relocated mercilessly if you remain on bench for some time. They have all rights to force you. On the day of reporting (1st day in Accenture), they will make you sign a document that states this clause. 7. Notice Period: As you might be aware that the notice period has been increased to 90 Days. The same has been done for Infosys also. The good news is, if you are under probation period, you can get out of this mess in just 30 days. :) 8. Medical Policy for Parents: Only Employee, his wife and children are ensured. If you are a bachelor and your parents are dependent on you, then sorry, Accenture is not responsible for them. You have to purchase a medical policy for your parents. 9. Accenture doesn't believe in equality. Anybody less than Team Lead level is actually less than a human being. Let me give you one example: If you are at Team Lead level or above only then you will get Car Parking stickers. Below that level, please use company transport. You are not supposed to come by car. And if you prefer to come by bike, please note Accenture has very limited parking. If tokens are not available then wait outside under the sun till the time someone goes out. Note: 1. I am talking about Accenture Gurgaon office, DDC2 (Near Signature Tower). 2. Accenture does not have first in first park policy as it may hurt some project managers and senior management people while waiting outside. 3. They do have sufficient space to accommodate at least thrice the available car parking (125 slots). But, Accenture is not willing to pay for the additional parking cost for their below TL level servants... oh sorry, employees. Mind you, Accenture is a 21 Billion + $ revenue generating company. 10. Onsite Opportunities: Depends project to project, but due to huge internal politics, opportunities are limited to the near and dear employees of the project manager. 11. Non-Professional behaviour by the Project Managers and TL level people. North India is generally known for being very non professional and after joining Accenture Gurgaon, I get to know the reason behind such perception. Example: Project Manager and TL level believes in oral work related communications (in hindi language, no english please kind of work environment) rather than written. But if you do any mistakes, they will not leave any chance to escalate the matter in written. They does not hesitate using Red colour while composing such mails. This is surely against business ethics. 12. No work from home facility. This facility in only reserved for Project Manager. So, please don't ask for laptops and VPN access. Sorry. 13. Spam Mails: Expect getting approx 25 spam mails from Accenture itself that does not have anything to do with you. 14. Stationary: This Company is so poor that it will not issue you a single pencil without an online ticket that you have to raise. They call themselves as an environment friendly company that is saving papers that employees used to fill to issue stationary material. I prefer using my own stationary rather than raising new tickets. This is exactly what they want. 15. This is very small thing but you are going to miss paper towels in washrooms. Again, the answer comes: we are environment friendly company so we do not provide paper towels in washrooms. Whenever they want to save money, they say they are environment friendly. You decide. 16. Security: They don't leave any chance to harass their employees. Security Check-1: The drama starts in the morning when you reach the barrier (just before the building, near the NH-8 highway). Some illiterate, ill-mannered security guards will welcome you and pretend to check your car by looking inside the car and will smash the boot door of your loving car. Goshh!!! what a bad feeling it is... You will fell like killing him, but you cannot do anything, sad. Security Check-2: Once you cross the barrier, the same brutal treatment is waiting for your car again. Yes, another security check. Your car boot will be opened and smashed again without being looked at inside. They say they are checking for explosives. God knows how they determine without looking inside. Security Check-3: Let’s move on, park your car. On the parking exit towards the lift, you will meet one more security guard who will ask you to show your carry bag/laptop bag etc. This guy is amazing; he will unzip and zip the bag without even looking into that. Security Check-4: Once you reach your floor you will meet one more security guard that will again pretend to check your bags. I would have been more than happy if they were actually doing a security check. The fact is they are just pretending do it, wasting your time and damaging your car. Believe me, nothing more than that. 17. Cafeteria: Everything is paid. Vendors are pathetic. You will feel regretted after spending your hard earned money on the pathetic food. You will get lunch @ 45 Rs (full plate). It will be fixed quantity, no buffet system at all. Please do not dare asking for more, you will get a blunt/rude reply only. If you are coming from a product based company, you are going to miss those luxuries and good behaviour of office boys. 18. Medical Facility: In papers, every day a doctor is available from 3PM to 5 PM on weekdays. But, at the most he/she comes 2 times in a week only. 19. No AC facility in cabs. Employees have to pay directly to the cab drivers if they wish AC to be turned on. I feel pity for my fellow colleagues who come from Noida and surrounding areas in non-AC cabs in Summers of Northern India where the temperature touches 45 Degrees Celsius. 20. Dress Code: As in many service based companies, here also you have to follow the dress code. You need to wear formals (except Friday). On Fridays, you cannot wear round neck T-Shirts. Your supervisor has all rights to fine you Rs 500 if found guilty for violating this "LAW" for the first time, if you are unlucky enough to be caught second time then you will be sent home and it will be considered as PTO (Paid Time Off). Awesome! Also, you are not supposed to wear Shirt/T-shirt bearing any corporate logo other than Accenture logo. That means, even if you are coming from Microsoft, you cannot wear a T-Shirt/Shirt having Microsoft logo or its name. 21. Oops... I forgot to tell you about HR. Accenture HR people are the most useless people in the world. There is ZERO co-ordination between them. When your interview process is going on, believe me, nobody knows where the process actually is. They will literally call you and ask you, what all rounds have been done with you. Anybody will wake up and call you from their department. In my case, after getting the offer letter, one HR called me to schedule the technical interview. Can you believe this? They don't know if the candidate has already gone through the selection process or not. I spoke to 12 different HR people during my selection process. I am sure "each" Accenture employee will agree on this without exception. 22. Long working hours (8:30 AM to 6:30 PM). People using company transport has to follow these timings, others come late generally. I hope these points are enough to open your eyes. Would that, I were knowing these things before joining Accenture, Gurgaon!!!

Continue reading
  1. "Excellent company"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Management Consultant in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good pay great flexibility great maternity benefits

Cons

lower pay than comparable consulting companies up or out performance management ranking still exists

2. COVID-19

"Great Career, Until Cuts Come"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Managing Director in Dallas, TX

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Highly competitive environment , talented people, well run business, financial strength of the company, good pay

Cons

Demanding work schedule, heavy travel, bureaucracy, massiveness of the company

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Accenture.