Accenture Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Senior Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Accenture (Austin, TX).

Interview

A phone screen with a recruiter, then a technical interview, then a final interview with the director. All interviews felt relatively easy and were straightforward. Each interviewer was friendly and easy to talk to.

During the phone screen, the recruiter asks about your background, interests, skills, what you're looking for, etc. Talk about your experience with front-end frameworks and any production-level experience you have.

The technical interview was an hour long and covered basic technical questions using an online coding environment. Be sure to know HTML, CSS, and Javascript well and be ready to talk about your experience with each.

The final interview is a chance for you to ask questions and get to know the director and share more about yourself and why you're a good fit for the job. Standard interview questions here - strengths, weaknesses, challenges (technical and interpersonal), etc.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest technical strengths?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Two rounds, first one was an hour behavioral, second was an hour case and an hour behavioral. Think they try to phase you during the case interview but as long as you don't get flustered its ok.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Super laid back. I applied on campus and got an email letting me know I got the interview. There were two back to back 30 min interviews. The first was all case the second was half case half get to know me/ask questions. Sent thank you notes and didn't hear anything for a week. I got a super cryptic email from the recruiter asking to chat the next morning. On the call the recruiter offered me the internship.

Interview Questions

• The first case was more math based the second was more big picture thinking "how would you solve x problem."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First round interview on campus - behavioral. Very chill.
    Second round interviews in their SF office. One case, one behavioral. My case interviewer was sick or had allergies or something but he was incredibly sleepy/tired/boring. Somewhat unprofessional, but he seemed sick so maybe that explains it. Second interviewer was bright, intelligent, well accomplished (grad school, mechanical engineering, stanford), a bit cocky. He was much more engaging.

The case was different that the typical case-prep cases. No calculations, mostly logical deduction and organization. Not interview-led (not very conversational). You were given a sheet of paper with the details of the case, 10 minutes to analyze it and then provide your analysis and summarized takeaways.

You'll have to do a background check before starting work.
    Also they make you take a personality test.

Interview Questions

• - Time you had to implement something new
      - Time you had to learn something completely novel   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Baltimore, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

it was slow, there was a lot of emailing back and seeing the status of the application. I got the interview through a conference career fair and after that there were several interviews, phone screenings and a couple of personality tests.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in October 2016.

Interview

Recruited through campus recruiting. 2 rounds, both rounds were on campus. First round is 1 45 min behavioral interview. Got back to me the next day (super fast..) because 2nd rounds were the day after. 2nd round was 2 interviews - 1 45 min case and another 45 min behavioral (they called it a "confirming" interview). Behavioral were standard. First behavioral had some logistical questions up front. The case was strange - not at all like the MBB cases. Essentially they give you a document with a descriptive of a bunch of problems the company is having and you are expected to prescribe solutions. Also woman running the case interview was super awkward. Almost thought i wasnt gonna get the offer because of the case.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • a lot of questions relating to group work and problems within a group   Answer Question
    • going through the resume and highlighting your relevant experiences and what you had done   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Baltimore, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

I was recruited on my campus, and the process was relatively painless. It began with a resume drop, followed by an initial behavioral interview (45 mins) where you walk a managing director through your resume. The turnaround was quite quick, and that evening we were called for final round interviews the next day. These consisted of 45 minutes for a case, 45 minutes for a confirmation/behavioral interview.

The case was pretty painless; lots of details but no computation required. The confirmation interview was essentially the classic interview questions--why consulting, why Accenture, when were you challenged, etc. I thought the process was quick, enjoyable, and fairly painless. I especially enjoyed meeting the higher-ups in the company.

Interview Questions

• What was an experience where you had a very significant role?
      What was a time you dealt with conflict in a team?   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Applied through campus career services, had an hour-long phone interview, two weeks later a 90-minute in-person interview with case study and conversation with a manager. Interview process was poor compared to the other consulting interviews I had. Communication was always late between interviews, the recruiter would say they would e-mail/call by a certain time and never would. Case study interviewer basically said do not complete case study because it was so bad and irrelevant to a consulting job. When making a final decision, the recruiter said they would call with a decision by a certain time, never called and said would call next day, never called next day and eventually called two days later with a no. When asked why a no, recruiter said I cannot give details but we are looking for the best of the best and you did not fit that criteria.

All in all, I was shocked with the lack of professionalism displayed by the Accenture recruiting. I understand college recruiting is a busy time, but it's also not an excuse to have poor communication and insult a candidate. The case study should have been a proper case study, not a five-minute talk where the interviewer starts the conversation by talking about how horrible and pointless the case study is. Perhaps it was because they had already had their candidate chosen, but if that was the case they should not waste other candidates time.

Interview Questions

• Why Accenture? Why consulting? What motivates you? What are you looking for in a company? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY).

Interview

The first round of interviews was held on campus about two weeks after the application submission deadline. The interview was behavioral and led by an Accenture manager. Much of the interview consisted of questions concerning the experiences noted on my resume. Towards the end of the interview, my interviewer asked several questions regarding the structure of the company. He also devoted time to answering any questions I had about the company. The following Monday, I learned I had advanced to the second round of interviews, which consisted of a 45-minute long case study and a 45-minute long behavioral interview. I strongly suggest that you pay close attention to the interviewer's prompts and guiding questions during the case study, as said prompts and questions will dramatically improve your understanding of the case and your subsequent performance during the interview. The behavioral interview was led by a different Accenture manager--not the same person from Round 1 nor from the case study--and this interview was more narrowly focused on allowing the interviewer to gauge whether I'd be a good fit, culturally and professionally, at Accenture. The following week, I learned of my offer over the phone. The three interviewers I had were professional and incredibly candid and encouraging. The questions were certainly relevant and appropriate. My three pieces of advice include (1) have background knowledge on Accenture, (2) prepare for the case study and ask questions during, and (3) be yourself and be honest--the interviewers in both behavioral rounds are judging whether you'd be a good fit!

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance in which you made a mistake (professionally) or experienced some sort of obstacle and you had to resolve it. What steps did you take?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Waco, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I first submitted an application via handshake and through Accenture's online application. This app consisted of a resume and a transcript. I was then contacted a few days later regarding the initial interview, which was a one hour behavioral interview. After that interview, I was selected for the next round which was another behavioral interview and a case study interview.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite class in college, Describe a situation in which you had to overcome a difficult task without much guidance, why gets you out of bed in the morning.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted through a recruiting platform to set up a phone interview. One week later I was invited to fly to a branch office for an in-person final interview.

Interview Questions

• First question was a straightforward case without too much of a quantitative element. Second interview was standard interview questions (Why consulting? Why Accenture? Describe a time where you had to work as part of a team and build trust with your teammates.)   Answer Question