AppFolio - Great place to work! | Glassdoor
  1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Website Production Specialist in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work-life balance, friendly management, fantastic training, dog-friendly, fun culture.

Cons

I can't think of any at the time.

AppFolio2019-10-14
  1. "Culture is Everything"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love the San Diego location! Everyone here is very friendly, supportive, and team-oriented. Leaders here make it possible for every employee be themselves. They are easy to approach and laid back, but very driven to get things done. The culture is amazing - it's not all about the free lunches, stocked kitchen, legos, games, pingpong tables, yoga, sports during lunch, and FLEXIBLE work environment, but the PEOPLE I work with make it a big difference. No micro management here - we're all treated like adults. :) Leaders truly care about professional/personal development. They take the time to understand your strengths/skills to help grow your career. They also listen on how the company can make improvements, and the best part is that... they take action!

Cons

As much as companies promote healthy lifestyles, it would be amazing to have a gym onsite. Would love to bring dogs in the office, like our headquarters in Santa Barbara

AppFolio2020-01-21
  2. "Baby Yoda would work here!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AppFolio full-time for more than a year

Pros

I wanted to get into a technology company but did not have a technology background. What I do have is a strong work ethic, a positive demeanor, a desire to learn, and a winning smile (at least my mom thinks so). I desperately wanted to work for a tech company, and one that cares about their customers and employees. AppFolio meets the bill and then some. Customer Success gave me my opportunity and I am so thankful. AppFolio sets ambitious goals that we appear to achieve and I’m confident we will continue to. With this ambition comes the need to identify top performers and promote aggressively. It is clear that is what happens here. If you are hungry, a nice person, and work hard - you will grow your career. It is that easy! I have learned so much in CS that I know makes me a more valuable AppFolian and will allow me even more opportunity as I continue my career here. With all due respect to those that have not been promoted or fell stagnant, it isn’t the leadership team or some kind of evil plan that is holding you back. Work is hard sometimes; this job is no different. In my short time here, I have seen a crazy amount of promotions and have no doubt I will have a fruitful career here. Maybe I just have perspective, but this place is legit. All I ever wanted was to work somewhere where I was valued and could control my future with my effort. I found that place! Pros Punch List: Opportunity for growth - I don’t have to desire my boss’s job. There is plenty of room for advancement. Amazing co-workers - some of the nicest people ever and I’m laughing nearly all day! Cool work environment - Ping Pong, Pool table, open floor plan. Endless snacks, food, and regular adult beverages! Super collaborative and supportive environment. Leadership values and promotes a work-life balance and truly care about their team members. Great benefits! An ethically driven organization with clear values that permeate every department.

Cons

The product is complex and takes a good amount of effort to master. Starting here was like going back to college. I had to study at home and really put in the work before I understood what I was doing. If you are smart, driven, and want to be challenged then you will enjoy this job. If you struggled in college, didn't do your homework, and have poor time management - look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Perspective is everything. I know how great this company is because I’ve had bad employers. I know the leadership team’s management philosophy is “leading with kindness” but I think some of my colleagues need a reality check. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going. It is better on the team morale to part ways with those that don’t appreciate what they have. And more White Claw!

AppFolio2020-01-15

Discover more reviews about AppFolio.