AppFolio Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AppFolio (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Met them at a networking event. Had a couple of phone conversations with the HR recruiter. Set me up with an interview. Easy process overall. Interview to hiring went pretty quickly.

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for this interview?   1 Answer

Dec 14, 2017

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback! We love hearing that you met us through a networking event - our Talent Acquisition team is on fire with hosting great events to meet great candidates... More

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AppFolio (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted an application for the role. One of their coordinators on the team reached out to try to schedule an interview. Unfortunately the email ended up in a junk mail folder and before I realized it, they rejected me in their system. I emailed back apologizing and asking to see if we can still connect. No response.

It looks like a great company to be a part of, but I ended up joining another great company instead. I'd still potentially be interested down the road if another opportunity opens up, but they should consider checking how some of their email communications may end up in someone's junk mail folder and reconsider.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

May 2, 2017

Thank you for taking time to consider AppFolio and for sharing your experience with us. There may be a mix-up as we did not have a Corporate Recruiter position open nor do we have an office in New... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview with Software Architect. He started off by asking what my current role and responsibilities were, the talk lasted for about 10 odd minutes. This was followed by a hands-on question on google doc.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to implement a stack with getMax() functionality along with the standard push() and pop().   1 Answer

Sep 1, 2017

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. We hope to cross paths in the future should there be an opportunity that may be a fit. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

Initial phone screening that talked about my resume, past experiences and projects. Talked about what the job role would be. Phone screening went well and technical phone interview was scheduled the next week with a software developer. Talked a bit about past experiences then had me code on a shared google doc.

Interview Questions

• Given an array, how would you return the three largest elements. Then follow up with ways to optimize.   Answer Question

Jun 30, 2017

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. We hope to cross paths in the future should there be an opportunity that may be a fit. Best of luck to you.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio in February 2016.

Interview

First round with HR and two rounds of phone screen technical interviews. Questions related to Ruby were asked. Each one lasted for about 40 minutes. The HR was really efficient and nice.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Dec 6, 2016 – Manager, Recruiting

We take pride in reviews like these. It's great to hear that we were able to provide you a great candidate experience. Thanks for taking time to write a review.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted by their corporate recruiter asking if I was interested in interviewing. I first interviewed with the recruiter who conducted an hour long non-technical phone interview. I was then scheduled for an on-site 4 hour long technical interview. The interviews were conducted by two senior engineers and the director of engineering. Each interview was a typical technical question to be solved on a white board. The interview process was generally a good experience, the two senior engineering were engaging and seemed interested in the interview. However, the director of engineering spent a lot of the time texting on his phone and continually asked me to repeat myself when I asked questions or had comments. In my opinion, if he isn't interested in interviewing then he should delegate the process to someone else.

Interview Questions

• Draw an entity diagram for the game of chess. Write a function and tests for the movement of specific game pieces.   Answer Question
    • Write a function that validates a username based on various requirements such as minimum and maximum length, only specific characters, no repeating characters, etc.   Answer Question
    • Write a program that creates continuous circle and square objects and draws them on the screen with each shape is only as large as can be fit inside the previous shape drawn. The program must do this with a square that starts with a side length of 1000 units and go until the final shape area is less than 1. Each iteration must print out the shapes area and upper left starting coordinates on a graph.   Answer Question

Jun 20, 2016 – Director, HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback regarding your interview experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

1 on 1 with three different interviewers for one hour each. They were all really nice and easy to talk to. The coding problems were not very hard but I choked...

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Dec 8, 2016 – Manager, Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your interviews with AppFolio. We appreciate it and wish you success in your job search.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AppFolio in February 2016.

Interview

First talk about your experience in my resume, talk about one of my application on iOS. Ask some details about how i implement it.
    After that, give me a coding question, after finishing it, talk about a question about database. Then I ask him question about the company, and the interview ended happily.

Interview Questions

• how to reverse a linked list?   1 Answer

Dec 6, 2016 – Manager, Recruiting

We are happy to have you as a part of the AppFolio team

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial round on campus after applying at the University fair. Then they called me to their HQ where I had 3 back to back rounds. All questions were of fair difficulty and seemed relevant to the job I had applied for. Everyone I met from the company was very friendly and smart. A great bunch of people!

Dec 8, 2016 – Manager, Recruiting

Thank you for considering AppFolio and we hope you will consider opportunities with us in the future.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen, followed by a technical interview via GoToMeeting and Google Docs. After the first technical interview, I got an email saying they would not be moving forward with my application. Everyone was relatively quick to respond and nice during the process.

Interview Questions

• Implement a hash table.
      Describe what happens when you click on a link from a Google search.
      What is an outer join?   Answer Question

Feb 24, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

1 HR phone screen, the recruiter was very nice. then 1 tech phone screen with the chief architect, who was also very nice. no algorithm question asked, but we talked about technical stuff for an hour. Two days later I was invited to onsite interview. The onsite interview had three rounds and I was asked about both algorithm data structure, and OOD.

Interview Questions

AppFolio Response

Dec 6, 2016 – Manager, Recruiting

We are excited to have you join AppFolio - welcome to the team!