KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Best Places to Work 2022

Add an Interview

AppFolio Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 376 of over 376 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

AppFolio

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio in Jul 2022

Interview

I can honestly say that the process was fun. I appreciate that they were willing to fast-track my interviews because I was in the final stage with another opportunity. The recruiter explained exactly what to expect out of each round and was quick to respond to my questions. The team was professional yet personable. They were not only interested in my work experience but also interested in getting to know me as a person - my hobbies, etc. I appreciate that they value keeping the interview process fair - they said they work from a standard set of questions to eliminate bias in the interview process. The interview process is comprised of 4 rounds 1) phone screen with the recruiter 2) Call with the hiring manager 3) Panel presentation - they asked me to critique a product/service I'm familiar with plus present one case study from my portfolio. 4) 1on1s with various team members (leadership, peers, and direct reports).

Interview Questions
  • What does diversity mean to you and how do you build a diverse team?
    1 Answer
1 person found this interview helpful

AppFolio

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at AppFolio

Interview

One of the worst phone screens I've gone through. The recruiter asked one question and just had me ask a bunch of questions the entire time. A complete waste of time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about AppFolio

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

AppFolio

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AppFolio in Sep 2022

Interview

Applied via a referral so I skipped the recruiter screen. First conversation was with the director of engineering for the team. Next was a final round with 3, 1-hour technical rounds with Senior, Staff, and Principal level engineers. Questions were all leetcode-medium level questions. The team was great - super encouraging, very helpful talking through the problem, and very optimistic / positive the entire time. The time spent on behavioral / getting to know you questions was very short, but the interactions I had during the technical portion of the interview boded well from a cultural perspective.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

AppFolio

Application

I interviewed at AppFolio

Interview

One of the better interview processes I've been a part of. Everyone interview was punctual and very kind. - 30 min interview w/ recruiter screening for role match - 4 separate 1 hour interviews. First part is questions about experience, second part is coding.

Interview Questions
  • Simple coding questions conceptually. Just brush up on string manipulation.

AppFolio

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio

Interview

The recruiters are incredibly nice. They alone will make you want to work for the company. They sell you on the culture, culture, culture. The conversations are eloquent and considerate…. Then you meet the actual people you would work with and it’s so off-putting. The person interviewing the first time, although doing her job, was extra degrading, bland, and judgey during the interview. I ended up interviewing again with this company for another role just to be turned down again. Ugh. The interview felt, again, so unnatural and nit picky. Very one-sided, clicky vibes and not my thing. Honestly it left me not wanting to work for this company or with any of the people I met with. Their egos tied to how “great” the culture is. Didn’t get a good idea of their individual personalities at all. Just ego and had that “I’m better than you”, looking down on you/one sided interview atmosphere. Thankful for the experience but also that I didn’t get the job. 👍🏻

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

AppFolio

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AppFolio in Aug 2022

Interview

The interview process was conducted in 3 sessions. I loved how much information was given about the position you are applying for to see if you’re a good fit. The interviewers were very kind and went out of their way to help you understand the questions and the process.

Interview Questions
  • How would you deal with a difficulty client requesting immediate assistance?

AppFolio

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio in Aug 2022

Interview

My interview experience was great. I’ve was able to speak to many different individuals who all provided great insight on what they were looking for as well as what the company has to offer. My recruiters are great and helped me through each part of the process.

Interview Questions
  • What constructively criticism you’re given that helped you grow?

AppFolio

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio in Aug 2022

Interview

Interview process was very smooth and well organized. Joy Hrenko (recruiter) was extremely communicative, often getting back to me within the same day as my interviews. The team moved me through all rounds quickly (I think within about 2 weeks) and everyone was kind and welcoming along the way. You can feel the culture and professionalism throughout the interview process. Great experience.

Interview Questions
  • Here was my process: 1x Recruiter screen 2x round with hiring manager(s) 1x 2 hour interview (30 min interview blocks with 4 different stakeholders/team members) 1x final presentation Decision within 24 hours after the presentation

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA)

Interview

Long interview process. The HR rep was accommodating and answered all of my questions. A total of 3 interviews. About an hour each interview. Overall, I had a great interview experience! Great company culture and environment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I interviewed at AppFolio (Tampa, FL)

Interview

Quick and to the point, should have an answer after 3 interviews within 2 week span. They are thoughtful with who they hire and are looking for willing to learn individuals that don't give up!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 376 Interviews

AppFolio Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at AppFolio as 64.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.85 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Sales Development Representative and Software Engineer(Internship) rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Customer Success Manager and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at AppFolio takes an average of 22 days when considering 407 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Sales Development Representative had the quickest hiring process (on average 11 days), whereas Business Development Representative roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 23 days).

Common stages of the interview process at AppFolio according to 407 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 31.37%